First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If my dealer does that to me....I will personally shove the vehicle up the GM's @ss! This is the 5th vehicle I have purchased from them. I've already been promised any/all incentives will be applied to I am expecting at least a little under sticker.
I don't think that'll happen to you. This is an unclaimed stock order I am talking about, which apparently someone purchased this morning for way over MSRP. So im back to square 1.
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can you just walk in with x-plan PIN so there is no negotiation? Also sounds like you've given up on color choice since there is no more than 1 plat on any local dealer's inventory
White, Silver, or Carbonized Gray are my only choices. Anything outside of that, hard pass.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Someone needs to start a new post and maybe start a list of the dealers selling above MSRP so we give them bad reviews. I called my dealer and was told they are selling below MSRP. I know Granger is helping people tremendously and if I wasn’t so impatient I’d call them and reorder.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
BTW a local dealer is showing an F150 Platinum with the CARMELO leather on it. So yeah. Thats a first.
The antimatter blue!!! God I wish I could see that one, I'm going to Elk Grove infiniti tomorrow and will walk over to Ford while I wait. Gonna chat up the sales and see what they think about their allocations and maybe talk prices since my other 2 dealers aren't getting lucky yet.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The antimatter blue!!! God I wish I could see that one, I'm going to Elk Grove infiniti tomorrow and will walk over to Ford while I wait. Gonna chat up the sales and see what they think about their allocations and maybe talk prices since my other 2 dealers aren't getting lucky yet.
Yeah that one! From my understanding, Elk Grove isn’t too competitive on price. Best of luck to ya!

Sponsored

Alpha1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2918 f150 2020 explorer st
Ordered my antimatter blue KR with 5.0 and 3.73's. dealer told me 2 weeks ago he had a delivery date of dec 21. Saw this article when it was posted. The next day my dealer called and told me they pushed it back to delivery of end of January. Been waiting since July. Thought I was going to get it for Christmas but I must have been a bad boy now I'm being punished and made to wait

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Ordered my antimatter blue KR with 5.0 and 3.73's. dealer told me 2 weeks ago he had a delivery date of dec 21. Saw this article when it was posted. The next day my dealer called and told me they pushed it back to delivery of end of January. Been waiting since July. Thought I was going to get it for Christmas but I must have been a bad boy now I'm being punished and made to wait
Hmmm, me & you. Probably getting a lump of coal for Christmas too.
Looks like we’re in the same playpen

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
I just checked Ford Inventory in my area and none of the current inventory I see are showing max recline seats. Is this coincidence?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I bet your dealer did your order as a retail order. If it had be a stock order you would had been sooner, you should had been ahead all of us.

Sponsored

H2opolo12

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Crewcab
Occupation
Government
Can you all please help me. I’m frustrated and not getting much from my dealer.

I ordered a 2021 Limited PowerBoost with max recline on 10/6/20 on an A Plan with a 10 priority.

I still have zero movement. No VIN, no scheduling update, nothing.

Is this a dealer allocation problem and my dealer isn’t shooting straight with me? After two months I thought I’d see something by now. Thanks

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Yeah that one! From my understanding, Elk Grove isn’t too competitive on price. Best of luck to ya!
Earlier this year I tried to buy a used Land Cruiser from Elk Grove. They were about $5k over market and stuck to it; wouldn't even entertain my offer. They sat on it for 3 months, dropping it a $1,000 at pop for weeks until it was $9k below original asking. Finally, I suppose, it sold. Their arrogance cost them $4K in profit, because after they pissed me off I wasn't about to give them my money at any price.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

I ordered a 2021 Limited PowerBoost with max recline on 10/6/20 on an A Plan with a 10 priority.

Is this a dealer allocation problem and my dealer isn’t shooting straight with me? After two months I thought I’d see something by now. Thanks
Could be, do you know if it was a retail order or a stock order??

Retail orders did not become possible till this week.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Earlier this year I tried to buy a used Land Cruiser from Elk Grove. They were about $5k over market and stuck to it; wouldn't even entertain my offer. They sat on it for 3 months, dropping it a $1,000 at pop for weeks until it was $9k below original asking. Finally, I suppose, it sold. Their arrogance cost them $4K in profit, because after they pissed me off I wasn't about to give them my money at any price.
Good for you!!

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired

You are in the same boat as most of us and a number of us ordered before you so you are not alone. Lots of great info on this forum and the latest is the Okay to Build was achieve this week so the plants will prioritize retail orders like ours now. A few have received VIN's but the majority of us that ordered early should hear something shortly (whatever that is). I understand that the plants should have pulled some orders earlier this week and then they will report to the dealer today or early next week. I'm not sure if we will get a VIN next week but things are starting to happen. Anyway this waiting is really difficult but this forum is fantastic for information and learning the process.
Sponsored