Sponsored

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Just got my serial number today for my 2021 f150 powerboost, build date January 18 and delivery here in Canada mid-February.
That’s awesome when did you order? I’m in Canada also and waiting on vin for my powerboost ordered late sept
Sponsored

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, 2023 Explorer ST, 1999 Ram 3500
I ordered back in August and haven't got a VIN yet. I really thought I would worst case have the truck by Christmas. Now I am hoping for before Spring. Things are crazy. I ordered a Canon R5 Camera in August and just received it last week. I haven't been able to buy many computer parts. Supply chains are broken.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I ordered back in August and haven't got a VIN yet. I really thought I would worst case have the truck by Christmas. Now I am hoping for before Spring. Things are crazy. I ordered a Canon R5 Camera in August and just received it last week. I haven't been able to buy many computer parts. Supply chains are broken.
Yep, lock down, crazy rules etc... making supply chains challenging.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Interesting thought, but I think it’s the something to do with the Max Tow package or that 3.55 axle ratio. Both the 3.5 EcoBoost and the 5.0 V8 are no availability if coupled with that.
Nope. The 5.0 is listed twice in the restricted list.
Once at the top with tow package and again at the bottom all by itself

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
As it's looking now, I don't expect getting a deliverly until late - Feb. Also have not recieved a VIN yet. I had to cancelled my orginal order with a terrible dealership and then reordered with another. I had to drive far from my home but all worth it.

It's all good cause I had no intentions at all in dealing with any lying, money hungry ripoff salesmen/dealership.
I see by your location of 28306 that we both live in Fayetteville. Did you have a bad experience from L. Ford or Crown. In the past I bought from Crown and will never buy from them again. Any recommendations for out of town dealers? I haven’t placed an order yet but I wanted to look at an Antimatter Blue and the interior of a KR and Platinum before I make a decision.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
My local CostcoAuto Ford dealer finally gave me a build date today (VIN available, but he didn't provide).
Order Date: 09/07/20
Build Date (week) : 1/18/21
Delivery: Estimated end of February, 2021.

Still no pricing.
I need to update my own post to clarify a couple of things:

I made my order through the Costco Dealer on 9/7. Very frustrated to not have pricing. Told it would be "a/z" equivalent, but I don't believe anything until it's in writing and signed. (it'll probably be "x-plan").

Once Granger Ford came out with the great offer they have, I spoke with Albert and he entered a stock and retail order for me - same options. That was on 10/28. Order accepted by Ford on 11/11 (probably an allocation thing). Received the VIN on stock on 11/13. Now I have a build week of 12/14, and a build date assigned of 12/20/20. Less than 2 months from giving a deposit until build date.

I have no doubt that Granger is going to come through with better pricing and earlier delivery than my local dealer (CostcoAuto partner). Not a big fan of traveling during this pandemic, but I will definitely fly to Des Moines and take delivery, which we're hoping is still around year end (he's got a bunch of trucks coming his way by convoy at the end of the month).

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Just got my serial number today for my 2021 f150 powerboost, build date January 18 and delivery here in Canada mid-February.
Awesome, when did you order and what options? I am still waiting for any news. Ordered my hybrid Lariat in September.

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
More than anything, the lack of communication is frustrating. I do think the 2021 is superior to competition, but for me...if I can't get some idea, than I will cancel and wait to see how the tundra is, or even for electric version. i can make due with old truck (may need to pick up a new used car though)
I'm starting to feel the same way. This would be my first Ford, and so far I'm not impressed. My local dealers aren't even calling me back.

I'm seriously considering switching to the RAM or Chevy.

Sponsored

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
That’s awesome when did you order? I’m in Canada also and waiting on vin for my powerboost ordered late sept
I placed the order end of September, I’m located in Quebec.

Kirbster

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platty
Occupation
Pilot
I made a deal on a Plati that’s a dealer ordered and has already been built. Built on 10/29 still waiting on shipping. Not canceling my special order till the truck is in hand. Too anxious to wait till March. Had to settle for black instead of antimatter blue....

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
Finally got my VIN today! I'm refreshing every 10 minutes hoping a window sticker shows up soon for it.

Also, I emailed my sales person on Wednesday and told them to take off "Max Recline Seats" if it will speed up my order and the next day she responds to my email with just a VIN.

The interesting part is.... when I look at the options I ordered at the bottom of the tracking page it doesn't show "Max Recline Seats" as an option on the order.

I wonder if my email to my salesperson has anything to do with my VIN magically becoming available.

Ford F-150 (Dec 10) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 12.35.43 AM

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I made a deal on a Plati that’s a dealer ordered and has already been built. Built on 10/29 still waiting on shipping. Not canceling my special order till the truck is in hand. Too anxious to wait till March. Had to settle for black instead of antimatter blue....
Same here but I think the black will be a very sharp looking truck. I am wondering why a built truck is taking so long to ship. My dealer said that it could be that Ford is giving shipping priority to the hot truck markets. I guess NY is not one of them.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Same here but I think the black will be a very sharp looking truck. I am wondering why a built truck is taking so long to ship. My dealer said that it could be that Ford is giving shipping priority to the hot truck markets. I guess NY is not one of them.
Probably the running board hold.
Sponsored