Dearborn Shut Down 5/17 - 5/30?

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
Well idk what it means but I refreshed the order tracker page about a dozen times but the estimated delivery date no longer says 6/4 but N/A

?????????
Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Well idk what it means but I refreshed the order tracker page about a dozen times but the estimated delivery date no longer says 6/4 but N/A

?????????
a couple of us have the same thing going on over in the 5/17 build week thread

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
a couple of us have the same thing going on over in the 5/17 build week thread
The Roman Poet Sextus is credited with the proverb "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" but 20 Saturday nights in a row without a truck is starting to cause this man's eye to wander, just a tad ...

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Update:

both the KC and the Dearborn plants will be down the weeks of 5/31 and 6/7.

KC will operate on a reduced schedule 6/14.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/ford-...cle_d1dc72c0-b8c3-11eb-aba9-2f10c4127fb2.html
I had hoped that they planned to sprinkle some chips on our trucks while the plant was shut down. But my ETA just got pushed another month today (after being pushed 3.5 months the first time).

Ordered 12/10
Built 3/17
ETA 4/8
ETA 7/30

ETA 8/28

Almost 9 months if it holds. At this point, I'm just thinking how much I hate giving Ford my money in exchange for this experience.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

?????????
@pierowman -

Sorry to hear this. It’s become far too common a thread here.

I keep expecting that to happen to me as well, since the ETA date is already in the past. I guess Ford can’t even update their own tracker in a consistent way.

Personally, my next level of ever-declining hopes and expectations is to get it by the beginning of August. I live in MA and have long ago planned to use the F-150 to move both of my college-age daughters to their respective schools down south (Clemson and NC State). Apparently, 7.5 months lead time wasn’t enough for Ford. I’ll need to come up with another solution.

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I had hoped that they planned to sprinkle some chips on our trucks while the plant was shut down. But my ETA just got pushed another month today (after being pushed 3.5 months the first time).

Ordered 12/10
Built 3/17
ETA 4/8
ETA 7/30

ETA 8/28

Almost 9 months if it holds. At this point, I'm just thinking how much I hate giving Ford my money in exchange for this experience.
@OCDoug -

Sorry to hear this.

I don’t know if this will give you hope of getting yours sooner but my Dealer told me yesterday that they had just taken delivery of a Special Order from October, about 7.5 months later.

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
@pierowman -

Sorry to hear this. It’s become far too common a thread here.

I keep expecting that to happen to me as well, since the ETA date is already in the past. I guess Ford can’t even update their own tracker in a consistent way.

Personally, my next level of ever-declining hopes and expectations is to get it by the beginning of August. I live in MA and have long ago planned to use the F-150 to move both of my college-age daughters to their respective schools down south (Clemson and NC State). Apparently, 7.5 months lead time wasn’t enough for Ford. I’ll need to come up with another solution.
So update, mine is built and in transit to my dealer ETA by 6/6

Ford F-150 Dearborn Shut Down 5/17 - 5/30? 1622039872070
Sponsored