OP

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
How did you prepay for BlueCruise? I had no option to do anything in connected services related to BlueCruise until after it was activated.
I believe it was rolled into the price of the prep package of later built trucks. Like the first round of 2021’s people paid $1000 for the prep package only. Later it went to $1,600 and included 3 years of Blue Cruise subscription.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If you prepaid for 3 years of BlueCruise, you already had it when the truck was delivered and don't need the dealer to update anything for it.

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I don't fully remember what the cost was, but I don't remember it being much. I got my truck in Feb 2021, and they said the modules were already installed, but the software wasn't available.

As a side note, my neighbors are Ford sales folks, and they mentioned that the Blue Cruise updates are being halted bc of engine failures?!?!? I'm not sure how true it is, or if anyone has heard similar, but they claimed it had already happened to a couple of their customers. Could just be RUMINT tho.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I don't fully remember what the cost was, but I don't remember it being much. I got my truck in Feb 2021, and they said the modules were already installed, but the software wasn't available.

As a side note, my neighbors are Ford sales folks, and they mentioned that the Blue Cruise updates are being halted bc of engine failures?!?!? I'm not sure how true it is, or if anyone has heard similar, but they claimed it had already happened to a couple of their customers. Could just be RUMINT tho.
Thats total Bullshit. They are too stupid to follow directions to be able to install the updates. The techs are not getting paid the actual time it takes to do it. So they are lying to YOU and anyone else who will believe them. The updates are available in FDRS.

Last edited:

AllFordTech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Supercrew
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
I’ve read into that process a little bit and as much as I’d like to fix it myself, I’m not spending my money on warranty work.
I work at a Ford dealer as a Senior Master Ford tech, I just completed the blue cruise update on a Mustang Mach e and it took over 19.5 hours to update the software. It is not something I recommend anyone doing on there own.

Sponsored

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I'm not trying to spread FUD, was just relaying what i heard and if anyone else heard anything similar to corroborate.

AllFordTech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Supercrew
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Thats total Bullshit. They are to stupid to follow directions to be able to install the updates. The techs are not getting paid the actual time it takes to do it. So they are lying to YOU and anyone else who will believe them. The updates are available in FDRS.
Hello , I work at a Ford dealer as a Senior Master Ford tech. The blue cruise recall software update does pay "mtime" or straight time so yes, whatever time the technician has on the job he gets paid. I just completed one on a Mustang Mach e and it took over 19.5 hours to complete. Not only do you have to use the FDRS system, but multiple usb cable adapters and ethernet cable adapters are needed to complete the recall.

AllFordTech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Supercrew
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Same issue here. My truck has been at the dealer for ten days and counting. I can see that they are working on it, but today they called and said there is a software download problem, the tech is working with Ford to resolve, may be another week.
There are issues with the blue cruise update. I work at a Ford dealer as a Senior Master Ford Tech and I just completed an update on a Mustang Mach e that took over 19.5 hours to complete.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Hello , I work at a Ford dealer as a Senior Master Ford tech. The blue cruise recall software update does pay "mtime" or straight time so yes, whatever time the technician has on the job he gets paid. I just completed one on a Mustang Mach e and it took over 19.5 hours to complete. Not only do you have to use the FDRS system, but multiple usb cable adapters and ethernet cable adapters are needed to complete the recall.
I know what it takes I did the updates myself I purchased a 1 year license to fdrs and bought the $500 mongoose cable. I was not stuck on power up 1.7 so no need to jump start my apim with ethernet cables or adaptors.. The process for me was all usb and can bus but yes your right it took about 18 hours over a few different days to update my job 1 platinum f150. Thats good to hear your total time with vehicle was paid to you. Thats not how it was at first..which you already know.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I work at a Ford dealer as a Senior Master Ford tech, I just completed the blue cruise update on a Mustang Mach e and it took over 19.5 hours to update the software. It is not something I recommend anyone doing on there own.

Well then you probably shouldn't look in this thread then.. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ng-guide-using-fdrs.8249/page-277#post-208935

I think there's about 30 or so of us that have successfully updated our trucks to BC now. The time to complete is definitely a true statement and I am shocked ANY dealership would be willing to do this work even if they are paid for it.

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
And who are you to recommend what I do or dont do to my truck

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I don’t know if you mentioned this yet. Are you a senior master ford tech?

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer had problems upgrading the Blue Cruise until they discovered they had a down rev version of the software. After getting an updated version from another dealer, they were finally able to finish in a few hours after trying for 4 days.
Sponsored