Dealership is unable to activate Blue Crusie

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
So I took my truck into the dealer (that I purchased it from) for a couple repairs. 12v charging system service, transmission skipping 2nd gear and slamming into 3rd, the recalls, and an oil change. They were able to make the repairs within a day or so but wanted to keep my truck longer to activate my Blue Cruise.
They were unable to get it working themselves, so I picked the truck up until Ford was able to get field engineers out after Easter weekend. I brought it back to them on 4/20/22.
My truck has now been there for 9 days, just for the Blue Cruise update. I received a phone call from the dealer stating they are trying one more thing, if it doesn’t work they are releasing my truck “unactivated” I guess is the way to put it.
Anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The only sure fire way is to get the adapter and a FDRS license. Not cheap by any means but you have a MUCH higher chance of success.
I’ve read into that process a little bit and as much as I’d like to fix it myself, I’m not spending my money on warranty work.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I’ve read into that process a little bit and as much as I’d like to fix it myself, I’m not spending my money on warranty work.
Totally understand. I guess you could shop around to other dealers, maybe you'll get lucky and find the one that can actually install BC

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
So I took my truck into the dealer (that I purchased it from) for a couple repairs. 12v charging system service, transmission skipping 2nd gear and slamming into 3rd, the recalls, and an oil change. They were able to make the repairs within a day or so but wanted to keep my truck longer to activate my Blue Cruise.
They were unable to get it working themselves, so I picked the truck up until Ford was able to get field engineers out after Easter weekend. I brought it back to them on 4/20/22.
My truck has now been there for 9 days, just for the Blue Cruise update. I received a phone call from the dealer stating they are trying one more thing, if it doesn’t work they are releasing my truck “unactivated” I guess is the way to put it.

Sounds like similar BS I received.
4/8 -4/11 sagging bolt recall and Blue Cruise fix...4 days, its all fixed. Did you test? silence....its working as designed. Did Blue Cruise come on??? its ready to go. Widget already showed synch version way off. took it home

I had supplied them with plenty of information from this and the sister site but was basically warned to not use the internet...I told them I worked since the early 90s on the internet and made a nice living do it.

Next day... Blue Cruise does not work.....Bring it in. I brought it in and was sent to rental counter....5 mins later they said they confirmed all work was done per program specs and that they could not test because no blue cruise highways within 40 or 50 miles.....more BS. I had to prove it would not work....ughh OK..

a couple days later....It does not work...bring it in....go to the rental counter....Service guys asks if it would be OK if I went out with someone so they could see if it worked or not....SURE!.....they bring out an older (70?) lady to go with me......I politely asked her....what exactly qualifies you as a Blue Cruise Expert?? I just watched a video...

I feel I am in an episode of the Office.

I got in front of the service manager and he agreed to try again. Took it in Tuesday this week.
called them Wednesday to ask why the truck doors had not been opened in 28 hours, engine not turned on. Finally got a call back...it needs a SOFTWARE UPDATE...

Thursday they did the updates and I got a message on ford pass BC was active.

Bottom line it was a painful experience for both myself and dealer. Make sure your dealer is feeling as much pain as you, use security alert to know when they work. There is a new Ford program out in last day or so, basically to light a fire under their butts.

good luck

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I got in front of the service manager and he agreed to try again. Took it in Tuesday this week.
called them Wednesday to ask why the truck doors had not been opened in 28 hours, engine not turned on. Finally got a call back...it needs a SOFTWARE UPDATE...
This right here, do they not realize these trucks have Securialert and we can see when shit happens on our trucks? Bunch of morons

OP
OP

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to the app they have been actively working on my truck everyday. I feel like the dealer is really trying to get this sorted out. I was just pretty shocked when they told me they were just gonna release it back unactivated. I’m like you’re the Ford dealership, you called in Ford’s engineers, now what?
I am in a rental from enterprise, so I don’t mind them having my truck. But I guess that could also be their incentive to just give up.

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
My dealer picked up my F-150 on Tuesday for the Blue Cruise update. They didn't get it until noon, so I didn't expect it back until Wednesday. It's Friday at noon and still no truck. Every time the tech starts to install the next APIM, there is NO indication how long it will take. Its basically been connected to a laptop nonstop since Tuesday at 2:00 pm. I've endured some crap software in my life, but if this is the installation design for Blue Cruise vehicles that only had the prep kit, I'm not sure, I want to trust my life with it.

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I recently went through this with my '21. I had pre-paid for Blue Cruise and the dealer asked me to drop it off so they could install. They ended up keeping it for almost 2 weeks, bc after installing the update, it either wouldn't take/verify the update, or they told that the update completed but couldn't start up bc of some other unmentioned process.

It was really frustrating and I was super concerned that they bricked my truck, but it finally went through and everything is fine now. I know the local service folks were on the phone, daily, with the Ford engineers trying to fix the situation, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

I hope you guys get yours finished soon, and in retrospect, I don't know if it was really worth it. Bc now it has an always on (seemingly) driver assistance. The assistance gives a steering wheel vibration whenever it sees you getting close to the edge of the lane, which can help, but was super off-putting until I understood what it was doing. I haven't actually tried using it in Blue Cruise mode yet, and I don't if I ever will.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
According to the app they have been actively working on my truck everyday. I feel like the dealer is really trying to get this sorted out. I was just pretty shocked when they told me they were just gonna release it back unactivated. I’m like you’re the Ford dealership, you called in Ford’s engineers, now what?
I am in a rental from enterprise, so I don’t mind them having my truck. But I guess that could also be their incentive to just give up.
This right here, do they not realize these trucks have Securialert and we can see when shit happens on our trucks? Bunch of morons
when you do the process your self, you’ll see why they do not put in 100%. Some of the updates takes a long time and they aren’t going to pay the tech to sit there. I started at 2.3.0 and now I am current and BlueCruise enabled. You should get a message in ford pass app that says it’s enabled not word of mouth from the dealership
Ford F-150 Dealership is unable to activate Blue Crusie 2B165863-8ACC-4E4B-AB84-26C00A212E41

Sponsored

OP
OP

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
when you do the process your self, you’ll see why they do not put in 100%. Some of the updates takes a long time and they aren’t going to pay the tech to sit there. I started at 2.3.0 and now I am current and BlueCruise enabled. You should get a message in ford pass app that says it’s enabled not word of mouth from the dealership
2B165863-8ACC-4E4B-AB84-26C00A212E41.png
I took mine in for a couple warranty repairs and recalls. The dealer voluntarily wanted to activate blue cruise, I didn’t even know it was available yet.

OP
OP

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got off the phone with the dealership. Now they want to keep my truck until at least Monday. They have a Mach-E mustang with the same issue that Ford engineering is addressing. I’ll update my thread as new information comes in.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Same issue here. My truck has been at the dealer for ten days and counting. I can see that they are working on it, but today they called and said there is a software download problem, the tech is working with Ford to resolve, may be another week.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
i want to chime in and say your not alone. just got mine back today with the same issue as you but adding in they had an issue with the collision system freaking out. blue cruise is not working for me but shows active on my account. does yours not show active yet? dealer had mine and another if for the updates

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I recently went through this with my '21. I had pre-paid for Blue Cruise and the dealer asked me to drop it off so they could install.
How did you prepay for BlueCruise? I had no option to do anything in connected services related to BlueCruise until after it was activated.
Sponsored