Sponsored

Dealership installed BDS level for $795 w/ labor - good deal?

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I know all about it (BDS), outstanding deal. I would take it in a heart eat. I have nothing around here for that price. DBS worked early with Ford to build leveling and lift kits. BDS = quality

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I know all about it (BDS), outstanding deal. I would take it in a heart eat. I have nothing around here for that price. DBS worked early with Ford to build leveling and lift kits. BDS = quality
No question on the BDS quality more about the price. If the kit is $163, then the labor and alignment is ~$600. Does that seem fair? I have no idea...

They also say everything is lifetime warrantied and no impact on factory warranty.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
In my area you would be looking at $1200-1500. You are getting a fair price + install by someone who knows what they are doing.

Cire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150 Platinum Hybrid 7.2kW
Occupation
Day Dreamer
Where is everyone finding the available kits for 2021s with the upper control arm sensors? I can't find a single kit that will work, and if they say they'll work it's likely because they haven't come across the sensor issue?

I just got off the phone with American Trucks.com and the representative said "yeah, all kits will work fine, even the 2.5" Mammoth kit". When I mentioned the upper control arm sensor his tone changed and said "oh...that's similar to the Denali's and none of our kits will work...you need to wait for someone to create a bracket relocation mount".

I also spoke with Falcon and 4WP, both of them acknowledged that there is an issue but blamed it on shock valving.

My spidey senses thinks there maybe a liability issue for the Hybrids that no one is talking about. Perhaps the change in geometry would impact the self-driving abilities and other things? This also goes with Forscan since it would pose a security risk of someone hacking into the trucks internal network and causing harm to the vehicle occupants? Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Where is everyone finding the available kits for 2021s with the upper control arm sensors? I can't find a single kit that will work, and if they say they'll work it's likely because they haven't come across the sensor issue?

I just got off the phone with American Trucks.com and the representative said "yeah, all kits will work fine, even the 2.5" Mammoth kit". When I mentioned the upper control arm sensor his tone changed and said "oh...that's similar to the Denali's and none of our kits will work...you need to wait for someone to create a bracket relocation mount".

I also spoke with Falcon and 4WP, both of them acknowledged that there is an issue but blamed it on shock valving.

My spidey senses thinks there maybe a liability issue for the Hybrids that no one is talking about. Perhaps the change in geometry would impact the self-driving abilities and other things? This also goes with Forscan since it would pose a security risk of someone hacking into the trucks internal network and causing harm to the vehicle occupants? Thoughts?
I will exchange a number of emails with the aftermarket department of my dealership this coming week. Will revert back with the position on all this as I plan to highlight this risk and wanna make sure I get in writing that they will back any issues with the sensors.

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum

Cire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Day Dreamer
I will exchange a number of emails with the aftermarket department of my dealership this coming week. Will revert back with the position on all this as I plan to highlight this risk and wanna make sure I get in writing that they will back any issues with the sensors.
Good call. It sucks, I like the truck but didn't foresee modification issues...I have 35" ko2's and Methods on its way and I'm scrambling to get some type of leveling kit ordered.

I can't wait for the Raptor!

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Good call. It sucks, I like the truck but didn't foresee modification issues...I have 35" ko2's and Methods on its way and I'm scrambling to get some type of leveling kit ordered.

I can't wait for the Raptor!
I’m honestly pretty ‘meh...’ on the raptor. No powerboost, no propower onboard, etc. I’m more impressed with the regular F150 (getting a Limited) so maybe I’m just getting old, have different use cases in mind, etc

Cire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Day Dreamer
I hear ya. I just came from a Raptor and was excited by the generator capabilities for boon docking with my travel trailer. I also liked the self driving idea for long distance driving. The generator solution was supposed to save me from having to carry a generator and from upgrading my LiFePo battery bank.

The part that is making me rethink my decision is the lack of ability to lift or add larger tires since I also use it for off roading and ground clearance is necessary from where it currently sits. We'll see if someone develops a true lift in the near future that will not impact truck functionality.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
I'm going with the 4" BDS lift so the sensor issue is not a problem. A lot more money but no headaches.

Goose2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 ford f150
I can have it done for under $400 here in Idaho