Sponsored

Dealership has my Ordered F150 for sale

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
hmm.. 2 possible options i can see

1) it's your truck all along and they are gonna bait and switch any potential buyers for this listing with a truck with similar, if not slightly lesser, specs

2) they're selling your truck

Neither case is ethical and I would visit the dealership immediately and speak directly with the general manager in a calm, but concerned manner.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Did they order it custom? Green window sticker? If so they shouldn’t be posting it unless you backed out.

If they ordered it as a stock order blue window sticker I believe it automatically shows up on their site during build/transit.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
My dealership is listing my ordered 2021 F 150 Lariat for sale on it's website. This the same VIN number and description of the F 150 I ordered two months ago.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/1ftfw1ed8mfb00649/ford-f-150-2021

Hummm.
Nice Build....Give them a call. It could be a way to generate interest and get foot traffic to the store. I would hope a dealer would not sell a truck that you ordered and placed a deposit on, but I know it happens. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
OP

Newuc

First Name
Pistol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250, 09 Porsche,
Occupation
Sales
Nice Build....Give them a call. It could be a way to generate interest and get foot traffic to the store. I would hope a dealer would not sell a truck that you ordered and placed a deposit on, but I know it happens. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
It's got a Green Sticker. Going to let them give me a call to see if it's available.

Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Mine has been on the dealer website for a while along with a few other green sticker custom orders. However the custom orders aren’t showing any stock pictures of the cars the way other in transit vehicles are. I chalk it up them garnering interest from looky-loo’s. Personally I’m not too concerned, but if you are I’d call the dealer like others have mentioned.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Hopefully just an oversight by their marketing department. But, still very disheartening to see. My dealer does bot have my truck listed, thankfully.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My dealer listed my truck on their website before they took delivery. I remember contacting my saleswoman about it and she said there was no need for me to be concerned. She explained that she had her name all over that truck and it would not be sold to anyone else.

She was right.

jkash99

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 5.0L
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer traded for the truck I wanted. Once it was on the lot it was put on the website. They are putting a spray in bed liner on it before I take delivery. I think it’s probably just standard procedure once a new vehicle arrives.

MJEngstrom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X3, 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
IT
My dealership is listing my ordered 2021 F 150 Lariat for sale on it's website. This the same VIN number and description of the F 150 I ordered two months ago.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/1ftfw1ed8mfb00649/ford-f-150-2021

Hummm.
My guess is that they are trying to generate interest and protect themselves in case things fall apart before you sign. Ex. What if you find another truck and decide to go with that one instead?

Mine is not a custom order, but I put deposit and it is still advertised on their website. I asked them about it and they said they do this until I sign, but nobody can purchase it before then.

Sponsored

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
This may be an automated system that listed it if it's in their inventory.

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Ok, well perhaps this is just common practice then. Still not cool in my books, but ok.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I can see it both ways. I don’t want them enticing someone to come in and try to buy my truck out from under me. It happens and we have even heard it from at least one member here.

On the other hand, it is not your truck technically until you have signed on the dotted line. Some dealers, especially if they have been burned, may feel it’s good business to advertise a special order as a contingency.

Remember, what you ordered is a unicorn in the dealers eyes. If they were commonly equipped the way we order them, there would be no reason to do so. Advertising your unicorn generates interest and drives traffic to the showroom. Yes, it’s bait and switch, to some degree, but it works to sell units.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I believe that every vehicle arriving at the dealerships are automatically listed in inventory even before they arrive.

If you spend a lot of time looking at different dealer’s websites, they’re pretty much all the same except for a few who have put a little more effort into their presentation. It’s mostly automated templates and you will soon learn to hate the “How may I help you?” pop-up that’s exactly the same on every website with the same three pictures of fake people.

My truck was listed on the dealer’s website with either a generic photograph, or ‘photo coming soon’ while it was in transit. I took delivery the day it arrived after my salesman called while it was still on the transport truck. He must have checked Ford’s tracking tool that morning because he had a printout of my window sticker on his desk with ‘in transit’ written on it and several dates written, the latest being that days date; so he must have been checking the tracker too.

I wouldn’t worry, I think that most sales are still from people that just walk in. Otherwise, more dealers would put a little more effort into their websites. I wouldn’t be surprised if some dealers didn’t even have a full-time employee for their website.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Definitely seems shady in my opinion. So much so, I checked my own dealer’s website for my build too. Nothing on there yet, but I’ll have to check back after it’s officially built. I do have a green label window sticker at least...
Sponsored