• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealers not charging deposits

OP
OP

Ciancagl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Sales
I just switched my dealer.

This is a reference For Marylanders. I have tried 4 dealers:

Apple Ford: $10K-$15K ADM in writing (GM and most of their sales staff were unresponsive)
Bob Davidson Ford: emaild GM. No response
Preston Ford West: emaild GM. No response
Bob Bell: emailed GM following was the response in writing:

No ADM
Fees: Tax, Tags, $500 Doc fee
Once they get pricing, they may require a $500 refundable deposit.
I have in writing from a sales guy at Bob Bell that no ADM, and no deposit.
Don’t mind the deposit as long as it’s refundable!
Keith is the man
Sponsored

Ford4Life2319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Here’s a great question regarding switching dealers right now and allotted spots at a dealership for a lightning….

I wonder what the procedure is when someone switches dealers right now and has a higher (better) time spot then someone that’s already at that dealer? Do they go to the back of the line, or “cut” because the order process hasn’t been finalized yet.

Obviously we all want to pay MSRP with no markup that’s really important, I just wonder people switching already if that’s kicking them to the end of the line. Would suck that you were #1 spot at a dealer that marked up 15k and you switched and are now #25 which could mean months and months of waiting

PandaSlash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Kia Optima, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Here’s a great question regarding switching dealers right now and allotted spots at a dealership for a lightning….

I wonder what the procedure is when someone switches dealers right now and has a higher (better) time spot then someone that’s already at that dealer? Do they go to the back of the line, or “cut” because the order process hasn’t been finalized yet.

Obviously we all want to pay MSRP with no markup that’s really important, I just wonder people switching already if that’s kicking them to the end of the line. Would suck that you were #1 spot at a dealer that marked up 15k and you switched and are now #25 which could mean months and months of waiting
When you switch dealers with Ford, youre time stamp (thus place in line) remains the same.

If I’m following you correctly, I don’t think dealers have another line, I’m sure they just follow the general Ford one. That being said, the trim and options picked by people also are a determining factor for “the line” as Ford will make and prioritize builds based on the parts they have on hand.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

‘I have no inside info on how Ford or dealers work but it makes sense to me that dealer fix allotment to apply when trucks are traditionally sent to dealers so that dealers can find new owners for them.

These trucks already have owners assigned to them and even if no one ever switched, 10 people could choose one dealer and none choose another one. That would not work with fixed allotment decided in advance.

Ford tells you, your time stamp is the same and spot in line is preserved. Frankly, even if I loose my spot, it is worth it for me. I do not want to give business to an obnoxious and incompetent dealer especially when they charge me $10-$15K more.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice, that's a pretty comprehensive list for Marylanders. As long as you emailed Blake (from Bob Davidson), I'm sure he will get back to you today....hopefully :rolleyes:. He usually emailed me the same day.
sorry, I goofed with my notes. I never contacted them. The no response was from Koons Ford of Baltimore. I will go back and fix my post.

Sponsored

PandaSlash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sorry, I goofed with my notes. I never contacted them. The no response was from Koons Ford of Baltimore. I will go back and fix my post.
Oh, gotcha. I was just hoping that Bob Davidson wasn’t just ignoring you.

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '21 MME GTPE, '07 GT500
As a fellow Marylander, I went with Chapman Ford near Philadelphia as well - best price I've seen, quick and honest communication, and they'll even pick me up from the nearby SEPTA station!

PandaSlash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As a fellow Marylander, I went with Chapman Ford near Philadelphia as well - best price I've seen, quick and honest communication, and they'll even pick me up from the nearby SEPTA station!
Is this Chapman Ford of Horsham or Philadelphia? Or is this the same?

Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Wasn’t quite sure where to pose this question and didn’t want to start a new thread, but it is dealer related: I called a couple local dealerships and was quoted a $6000 markup on the Lightning, and I was wondering if I should shop my reservation around. Complicating matters is my location—I live in Hawaii, and also my wife is in the Army (there’s a 50/50 chance we will have to move summer of 2022). Of course I might not have to worry about anything for awhile b/c I was late to the party with a July 24 reservation. Any suggestions or feedback? I’d surely appreciate it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wasn’t quite sure where to pose this question and didn’t want to start a new thread, but it is dealer related: I called a couple local dealerships and was quoted a $6000 markup on the Lightning, and I was wondering if I should shop my reservation around. Complicating matters is my location—I live in Hawaii, and also my wife is in the Army (there’s a 50/50 chance we will have to move summer of 2022). Of course I might not have to worry about anything for awhile b/c I was late to the party with a July 24 reservation. Any suggestions or feedback? I’d surely appreciate it.
My dealer told me they will have $10K-$15K markup and I shopped and switched to a new one. It is possible that the person was uninformed and Ford does not allow them to have a markup but I didn’t want to do my dealer shopping at order time. Switching was easy and you are supposed to get your $100 deposit back.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
My dealer told me they will have $10K-$15K markup and I shopped and switched to a new one. It is possible that the person was uninformed and Ford does not allow them to have a markup but I didn’t want to do my dealer shopping at order time. Switching was easy and you are supposed to get your $100 deposit back.
thanks for the reply. So no markup at your current dealer? Would it be ridiculous to call them and discuss shipping the truck out here? I’m pretty sure I have nothing to worry about for a long while, but you never know.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thanks for the reply. So no markup at your current dealer? Would it be ridiculous to call them and discuss shipping the truck out here? I’m pretty sure I have nothing to worry about for a long while, but you never know.
That is correct. GM put it in writing that there will be absolutely no mark up and spelled out all the fees they will charge as I requested. I did send emails to three General managers at three dealerships whose locations were convenient and had acceptable reviews. That way I had their response in writing. It should not be difficult to find such a place where is relatively convenient for you. Once you do just contact Ford and tell them to switch your dealership to that location

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Call @Granger Ford in Iowa. It might end up under MSRP after shipping...
Sponsored