Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I’m wishing I lived in Detroit. I’m in Miami
It is a couple hundred dollar plane ticket and a fun drive home in a new vehicle to buy outside of your market.
Sponsored

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
I called the Iowa dealer today and they said they are no longer taking orders on 2021 F-150s. Who is the other dealer who is willing to play?

My local stores will only sell at MSRP for orders and 5k over for on the lot inventory.

Southern Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 74 Bronco
I have a Lariat ordered but forced to wait like the rest of the country for the Halloween delivery date! 10/31/21 I have been searching for any 2021 F150 Powerboost. I have found a few but when getting the price of the truck the dealers are charging $5000 over invoice. Yesterday I found a perfect truck. Another dealer wanted $10,000 over MSRP. The manager said there is no negotiating on 2021 F150's. When I said that's crazy they simply said thank you for coming and walked away. Its discussing what has happened to the market.

Make sure you always ask if they are charging over MSRP before you even take that drive.
I was going to guess you were in Florida when I read the title, and I see you are! I have called tons of dealers and they are all like that here in North Florida - at least not giving any discounts at all - including x-plan. I'm planning on getting my truck out of state.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
My local dealer has $3k mark up on every F150, and $6K on every Super Duty. $1000 on Bronco Sports, and like $10,000 on the one GT500 they got.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I called the Iowa dealer today and they said they are no longer taking orders on 2021 F-150s. Who is the other dealer who is willing to play?

My local stores will only sell at MSRP for orders and 5k over for on the lot inventory.
2021 orders are closed.

Sponsored

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer

3% below invoice with Chapman Ford in Lancaster PA. I ordered through them two weeks ago after getting Tom's info from this forum. I do believe the order window for 2021 is closed though.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
2021 orders are closed.
I don’t know about that, they just updated the build/price tool for ‘21’s…. Perhaps the first group is closed but the next group should be opening soon…. Just the direction it seems to be going observing from the outside.

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
It is a couple hundred dollar plane ticket and a fun drive home in a new vehicle to buy outside of your market.
I know. I’m searching other states. I’m searching everywhere!

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
This bubble will eventually “pop” in due time. The best thing we can do is hold the line together and not give in to paying these exaggerated prices.
Easy for us now that we have our trucks lol

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Easy for us now that we have our trucks lol
It’s true, I may be singing a different tune if I didn’t have mine. But I can CERTAINLY sympathize with those still waiting! Even with all the wait time issues, I still got a fair price, especially in this market.

I’ve always ABSOLUTELY HATED scalpers and price gougers!

It’s all over other industries. For example, I consider TicketMaster my enemy. Allowing bots and scalpers to buy up tickets at reasonable prices for in demand events and then marking them up several times their original value under their “verified” tickets.

The same issue is currently going on with the Playstation 5 video game console. Retail is $499, but every time a retailer gets a small supply of them, people buy them up and try to resell them for upwards of $1,200.

I really want a PS5, but it’s a matter of principle to me. I will not pay over retail and contribute to lining some asshat’s pockets!! It would be the same if I were in that position with my F-150!!

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten almost $5K off my Lariat when I ordered. I ordered April 7...no deposit or anything. I used the "build and price" on Ford's website and built the truck I wanted and sent the summery to him. He shot me a price back and I told him to order it. I was concerned that they would maybe try to jack up my price when I went to pick it up. But they stood by the price they quoted me in the email.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
It’s true, I may be singing a different tune if I didn’t have mine. But I can CERTAINLY sympathize with those still waiting! Even with all the wait time issues, I still got a fair price, especially in this market.

I’ve always ABSOLUTELY HATED scalpers and price gougers!

It’s all over other industries. For example, I consider TicketMaster my enemy. Allowing bots and scalpers to buy up tickets at reasonable prices for in demand events and then marking them up several times their original value under their “verified” tickets.

The same issue is currently going on with the Playstation 5 video game console. Retail is $499, but every time a retailer gets a small supply of them, people buy them up and try to resell them for upwards of $1,200.

I really want a PS5, but it’s a matter of principle to me. I will not pay over retail and contribute to lining some asshat’s pockets!! It would be the same if I were in that position with my F-150!!

Same here. I collect Limited Edition novels of the sci-fi IP: Warhammer 40k (over 100 books across the IP). And its the same story.Books go live; sell out in 10 minutes and you see them in Ebay for 100%+ mark ups immediately after.

Concert tickets of course like you mentioned.

Gun stuff, you always see old farts buying up CMP M1s and selling them for 2x the price in the local gun show. People buying up ammo dry and selling them at insane prices during the shortage. Buying cool limited production stuff (KAC, LMT specifically) and gouging prices... its ridiculous. I HATE them.
Sponsored