• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I keep getting alerts for this thread:

Dealers asking for $5K - $30K ADM markup on 2022 F150 Lightning!

And everytime I find a heated discussion about solar?
Sponsored

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I keep getting alerts for this thread:

Dealers asking for $5K - $30K ADM markup on 2022 F150 Lightning!

And everytime I find a heated discussion about solar?
This forum is basically the worst I have ever seen about staying on topic or moderators that care. Really a major negative.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Just received the email from Ford (to all reservists) announcing invites and orders first of year.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Another exhaustive answer, and yet you’re still wrong. I think you’re confusing two separate issues: on the financial aspect you’re absolutely correct. On the purely technical aspect, you undercut your own argument when you state that, yes, some of the electricity from your panels is charging your car. You say it’s irrelevant, but I think it’s exactly the subject of this discussion. The next sentence shows, again, how you’re conflating the economic and technical aspects. Absolutely understandable since you’re extremely knowledgeable about economics, but I don’t think that’s the main focus of the conversation here. Lastly, your point about grid leveling having to work harder and fire up the gas peaker plants every time my solar panels charge my EV just seems like odd whataboutism. Let’s take all the progress we can get and let’s not have the perfect be the enemy of the good. Cheers!
It is a distinction without a difference - the fact remains that the physics say this - electrons, not economics for a minute - when you have a grid-connected panel system, and you plug in your EV to charge, the act of doing so causes a grid leveling power plant somewhere to work harder than it otherwise would. I personally see that as using grid power to charge every time, even though I generate all of my personal power and then some. The same is true of turning on a light bulb in my home - that is STILL a choice to burn coal in my opinion as long as we use nonrenewable energy to power the grid to which I am connected. So despite having a green, carbon-negative farm, and driving an EV, with lots of solar panels and geothermal wells, I do not claim to use solar power to drive. Because it simply is not true. I get that people like to live that green-life fantasy, and Elon Musk sells it in his Solar City integration thesis, but it is just bunk. My Tesla has a small "Coal Powered" sticker on the back window.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Just received the email from Ford (to all reservists) announcing invites and orders first of year.
Yeah, just got mine too, Nothing very specific, just that it is coming.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Last reply before we piss off everyone else here by veering off topic- this one will settle it, I promise! Coal powered Tesla, eh? Soooo…..where did all that coal come from? Maybe from ancient forests? How did those grow? Photosynthesis you say? What’s the main energy input for photosynthesis? Sunlight, of course! Good to know every time we plug in our EVs they’re being charged….by the sun. Whether it’s today’s lovely rays or those that shone on vast forests millions of years ago, same difference, same underlying power source.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
Just got a call from my dealer. They are a very big dealer in Alberta and are getting 9 allocations. I was #1 on their reservation list but they are charging 20K mark up over MSRP. I told them I was not interested but stayed on the list for next year. Pretty sure I’ll be getting a different ev soon so might not care by next round. I can’t stand to pay MSRP never mind 20K over.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I've paid ABOVE sticker too many times to be willing to do it again.

Markups above sticker are one of the reasons manufacturers are working on ways to bypass dealers entirely. Some manufacturers let you order online, then the only thing the dealer does is handle delivery.

GM is taking things even further by offering to buy out their Cadillac dealers so they can sell directly to the public, just like Tesla.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I've paid ABOVE sticker too many times to be willing to do it again.

Markups above sticker are one of the reasons manufacturers are working on ways to bypass dealers entirely. Some manufacturers let you order online, then the only thing the dealer does is handle delivery.

GM is taking things even further by offering to buy out their Cadillac dealers so they can sell directly to the public, just like Tesla.
I think the offer is fir those Cadillac dealerships that do not want to make the investment to sell and service BEVs.

Sponsored

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I haven’t received any info from my dealer.

Over the past Few months I’ve called2-3 times and the guy I need to speak to isn’t available. I’ve emailed 2-3 times and I’m told they need to forward my email to a different department and no one ever emails me back. I just tell them I have a reservation and have some questions about the process and would like to speak to someone.

i have no idea about ADM (won’t buy if there is) or where I am on the reservation list. I placed a reservation within the first 5 minutes of the system going live on 5/19.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I haven’t received any info from my dealer.

Over the past Few months I’ve called2-3 times and the guy I need to speak to isn’t available. I’ve emailed 2-3 times and I’m told they need to forward my email to a different department and no one ever emails me back. I just tell them I have a reservation and have some questions about the process and would like to speak to someone.

i have no idea about ADM (won’t buy if there is) or where I am on the reservation list. I placed a reservation within the first 5 minutes of the system going live on 5/19.
Sounds like you need to find new dealer. You can still switch before the order is placed.

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Sounds like you need to find new dealer. You can still switch before the order is placed.
Wouldn’t that push me back in the queue because “priority reservations” are already set?

I bought my 2019 Platinum from them a couple years ago and get all my service performed there. Never had any issues.

They were also the only dealer that had Mustang EVs on the lot when other dealers were sold out. I thought that was a good sign for allocation reasons but maybe it’s a bad sign when they aren’t selling a product everyone else is.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Wouldn’t that push me back in the queue because “priority reservations” are already set?
Unless you are one of the "prioritized" customers, you place in line is determined by your reservation time stamps. Also, if your dealer insists on ADM and you don't want to pay, your place in line will go back behind all of the other reservations. IOW, years from now.
They were also the only dealer that had Mustang EVs on the lot when other dealers were sold out.
All of the MMEs on dealer lots were either abandoned customer orders or demo units. There are many reasons why an order got abandoned, but one of them might be that the dealer demanded ADM or engaged in other shenanigans. In my case my original MME order was abandoned because I was able to switch to First Edition when some of them were made available in August 2020.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It has already started.., people are posting around this forum on various threads that their dealer is requiring an ADM, and they are obviously frustrated and feel blindsided. These people are actually somewhat lucky because they were notified in advance. Not everyone will receive this courtesy. Some dealerships consider this a "don't ask do t tell" issue. They will wait until your truck is ready for delivery to discuss price adjustments if you don't ask now.

For your own sake... Please ask you dealer before you go any farther in the ordering process. People who didn't buy a Mach e, Bronco, or at least follow the forums closely don't know what they are setting themselves up for if they don't do they research early.

6 months from now, this forum will be full of people who suddenly feel shocked and wronged when their dealership starts to pull shenanigans.

Confirm with your dealer right now whether or not the plan to sell you a truck at MSRP. If they are marking up the truck, and you are not ok with that, change dealerships.

If you wait until next year to figure out your dealer is marking it up, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I don't like being all doom and gloom, but I keep seeing posts about people who haven't heard from their dealers or haven't asked about ADM. Theses people are practically begging their dealers to screw them over at this point. Run away. Run away fast. Find a better dealer.
Sponsored