• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

hink569

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor
Update: don't forget that there are still honest MSRP dealers out there -- see List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup)

Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you. Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

rodman-ford.jpg

If you thought $5K ADM was a lot check Koons Falls Church asking for $30K over MSRP!!

268148817_10105953329262559_8328087699247807232_n.jpg

That seems to be par for the course with Ford. I recently ordered a new 2022 Raptor and 4 of the 5 dealers I checked with had an ADM of $25K down to $1,500. I finally found a dealer that charged MSRP for the truck. I ordered there!
Sponsored

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
My sales guy just text to tell me that the store, Sherwood Ford has decided to sell the lightning at MSRP. Too late. Bridges have been burned.
I told him I saw the email Ford sent out and that I’m still not interested. No response.
Background info…. They originally asked for 20k dealer mark up. Demanded us a better word i guess. They have 15k markup on all their in stock Broncos and 4K on in stock Maverick. They call it dealer installed options. Probably 15k floor mats or something. Makes me think they will pull some shady crap when Lightning arrived anyway.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
It would be interesting if the ADM List can be updated as more dealers heed Ford and start changing their terms, especially for ADM-Paying customers that have already ordered.

If they do not I would hand them a copy of the memo next visit there (I plan to).

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It would be interesting if the ADM List can be updated as more dealers heed Ford and start changing their terms, especially for ADM-Paying customers that have already ordered.

If they do not I would hand them a copy of the memo next visit there (I plan to).
I would prefer they stay named that way. People should know what they were pulling.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
What I mean is show how many are backing down - demonstrate how well the Ford memo is working. Not to change what is already on the list but update details.

Sponsored

Deleted member 9341

If I was in charge of Ford I'd tell all dealers that if you sell above MSRP you risk having your franchise agreement pulled. Yeah I know this won't happen but I have no tolerance for greed.
A manufacturer can’t legally do that. Hence the term SUGGESTED Retail Price appears on many things you buy. It’s also one reason many retailers open their own stores or operate in e-commerce only…total control. And like them or not, it’s one huge asset Tesla has in that they totally own their brand, pricing, distribution and customer experience.

Deleted member 9341

I don’t think any of the rich and famous are looking at the lowly Lightning that any Joe Schmoe can attain. They are likely looking to purchase a Hummmer or Cybertruck. People who will pay Market Adjustment either want to brag around the block or are Social Media Stars who will make up what they paid with a video “Taking delivery of my Lightning the first”
That’s a
I think the “Rich and Famous” will in fact, pay that price. You said every Joe Schmoe can have one, I said they can’t.

I’m betting Ford will minimize, if not, prevent, dealerships from doing just that. I stated in a previous post that, Ford is on a roll, stock is up, and, Farley doesn’t need any bad publicity caused by dealerships who Increase the price above MSRP. Another member on this forum has informed Levin who in turn replied to @Ford about concern. Again, I don’t see this issue being the norm across our country, honestly I think WE are better than that as business people.
Ford, or any other manufacturer for that matter, can’t legally prevent an independently owned store from deviating from a SUGGESTED Retail Price….hence the term. They can, however turn screws other ways (limit or cut off inventory etc), but they can’t directly control the price charged. If that was the case they could also prevent anyone from selling under the SRP which would, in theory, stifle competition and then everyone on here would be bitching about that instead.

Deleted member 9341

If they can get it, good for them. It won’t be from me.
Can I afford it? Yes. Will I pay it? No.
Would I ever do business with the again? No.
Ditto. It’s pretty simple. As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

The dealer pays the ultimate price when they drive a customer away for a short term gain. Dummies

Last edited by a moderator:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My sales guy just text to tell me that the store, Sherwood Ford has decided to sell the lightning at MSRP. Too late. Bridges have been burned.
I told him I saw the email Ford sent out and that I’m still not interested. No response.
Background info…. They originally asked for 20k dealer mark up. Demanded us a better word i guess. They have 15k markup on all their in stock Broncos and 4K on in stock Maverick. They call it dealer installed options. Probably 15k floor mats or something. Makes me think they will pull some shady crap when Lightning arrived anyway.
I'd report that dealer to Ford and let them take the heat for the ADM.

Yah, dealers are notorious for adding some $5 plastic door edge guards and charging $500. :eek:

As for on lot cars that the dealers have paid to put them as inventory on the lot, yes they can ADM as it's their inventory & the bank's money, etc... I have no problem with that as I used to be a retailer and charged more for inventory that I had to pay for and float than a customer paid special order.

For vehicles ordered by the customer, the dealer should not charge above MSRP as the dealer is not having to pay for the vehicle, nor the bank having to float it, and not paying for any lot space.

Sponsored
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IwantaLightningandcurrentlyhaveaFlex
Update: don't forget that there are still honest MSRP dealers out there -- see List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup)

Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you. Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

rodman-ford.jpg

If you thought $5K ADM was a lot check Koons Falls Church asking for $30K over MSRP!!

268148817_10105953329262559_8328087699247807232_n.jpg
MY ONLY LOCAL DEALER ON A ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACIFIC SAID:
I would like to first thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. I sincerely appreciate you placing your reservation for a Ford Lightning with Kuhio Ford. The Kuhio Auto Group is locally owned and has operated on Kaua’i for almost 50 years. Jonathan forwarded an email to me sharing your concern about our additional dealer markup. I want to assure you that our ability to determine any additional dealer markup is well within our rights as a Ford dealer and is fully compliant with our Sales and Service agreement with Ford Motor Company. I am sending you this email, as you requested, to verify that we will have an additional dealer markup of $9,995 for the Ford Lightning which is $2000 more than the markup we have on the non-electric F-150. I often find that the tone of a conversation is lost in writing and would request that we continue this conversation over the phone as I want to make certain I do not come off as abrasive. I hope you find my tone in this email both cordial and courteous and ask that you reach out to me direct on my cell phone so I can provide further clarification. Feel free to call me at 808 634 0022 Monday – Saturday between 8AM and 6PM.

Mahalo and have a great day,

Aaris Berry

General Manager
Kuhio Auto Group
[email protected]
(808) 245 6731

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Lol. 2k more than an f-150 for a truck you special ordered and a sale they wouldn't have got without it.

That's some greed.

Doesn't come off as abrasive? If it were me I'd take that phone call to show him abrasive.
Sponsored