• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I don't like being all doom and gloom, but I keep seeing posts about people who haven't heard from their dealers or haven't asked about ADM. Theses people are practically begging their dealers to screw them over at this point. Run away. Run away fast. Find a better dealer.
If your dealer isn't responding, run away even if they aren't planning to surprise you with ADM.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It has already started.., people are posting around this forum on various threads that their dealer is requiring an ADM, and they are obviously frustrated and feel blindsided. These people are actually somewhat lucky because they were notified in advance. Not everyone will receive this courtesy. Some dealerships consider this a "don't ask do t tell" issue. They will wait until your truck is ready for delivery to discuss price adjustments if you don't ask now.

For your own sake... Please ask you dealer before you go any farther in the ordering process. People who didn't buy a Mach e, Bronco, or at least follow the forums closely don't know what they are setting themselves up for if they don't do they research early.

6 months from now, this forum will be full of people who suddenly feel shocked and wronged when their dealership starts to pull shenanigans.

Confirm with your dealer right now whether or not the plan to sell you a truck at MSRP. If they are marking up the truck, and you are not ok with that, change dealerships.

If you wait until next year to figure out your dealer is marking it up, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I don't like being all doom and gloom, but I keep seeing posts about people who haven't heard from their dealers or haven't asked about ADM. Theses people are practically begging their dealers to screw them over at this point. Run away. Run away fast. Find a better dealer.
This right here. I am going to repeat this again:

Your dealer does not determine whether you will get an invitation to order, that will come from Ford regardless of your dealers Prioritization. The dealer can ask for $10k to prioritize you and you might not able to order until the 5th or 6th wave while if you had stayed in your spot you would have order earlier or at the same time after you paid that ADM.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
It has already started.., people are posting around this forum on various threads that their dealer is requiring an ADM, and they are obviously frustrated and feel blindsided. These people are actually somewhat lucky because they were notified in advance. Not everyone will receive this courtesy. Some dealerships consider this a "don't ask do t tell" issue. They will wait until your truck is ready for delivery to discuss price adjustments if you don't ask now.

For your own sake... Please ask you dealer before you go any farther in the ordering process. People who didn't buy a Mach e, Bronco, or at least follow the forums closely don't know what they are setting themselves up for if they don't do they research early.

6 months from now, this forum will be full of people who suddenly feel shocked and wronged when their dealership starts to pull shenanigans.

Confirm with your dealer right now whether or not the plan to sell you a truck at MSRP. If they are marking up the truck, and you are not ok with that, change dealerships.

If you wait until next year to figure out your dealer is marking it up, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Well said. I am hoping that Ford is learning however and it appears that dealers will need to lock their price in to the online ordering system in advance. Can't wait to see how this works out.

Regardless, finding a dealer with a good reputation of honest communication is the best bet.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

Your dealer does not determine whether you will get an invitation to order, that will come from Ford regardless of your dealers Prioritization. The dealer can ask for $10k to prioritize you and you might not able to order until the 5th or 6th wave while if you had stayed in your spot you would have order earlier or at the same time after you paid that ADM.
So you think that if you agree to pay over MSRP to be prioritized that you may be pushed back farther than if you weren’t? That doesn’t make any sense. If anything they will disregard the prioritization and put you in your normal time stamp slot.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So you think that if you agree to pay over MSRP to be prioritized that you may be pushed back farther than if you weren’t? That doesn’t make any sense. If anything they will disregard the prioritization and put you in your normal time stamp slot.
If I ordered right before they closed reservations, and I pay Markup to get to #1, there is a possibility that I dont get my truck in the first waves. Ford has said as much, "Prioritization does not guarantee allocation" If a dealer has 5 allocated Lightnings they might take 1 Prioritization and the other 4 might be based on timestamp/reservation date. It might be 50/50 who knows. The point is, the dealer IS NOT THE ONE SENDING OUT ORDER INVITATIONS. It's Ford sending out the invitations.

Prioritizations to me can almost be considered the same as the Priority Code dealers put on customs orders. Just because you are a Priority Code 10 doesn't mean you'll get your truck built first. I was a Priority code 19 and my truck was built quickly.

Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
I haven’t received any info from my dealer.

Over the past Few months I’ve called2-3 times and the guy I need to speak to isn’t available. I’ve emailed 2-3 times and I’m told they need to forward my email to a different department and no one ever emails me back. I just tell them I have a reservation and have some questions about the process and would like to speak to someone.

i have no idea about ADM (won’t buy if there is) or where I am on the reservation list. I placed a reservation within the first 5 minutes of the system going live on 5/19.
is it a local dealer? take an hour or two to swing in and talk with the sales manager. scorched earth option is to find the top 2-4 folks email addresses at the dealership and send an info request. I was working with a regular salesman for a bit and decided to stop in to discuss. Ended up getting introduced to the new car sales manager then and have corresponded directly with him ever since.

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
is it a local dealer? take an hour or two to swing in and talk with the sales manager. scorched earth option is to find the top 2-4 folks email addresses at the dealership and send an info request. I was working with a regular salesman for a bit and decided to stop in to discuss. Ended up getting introduced to the new car sales manager then and have corresponded directly with him ever since.
Finally got some information, indirectly from someone else at the dealer. Originally they couldn’t find me on the list, then they emailed me and said I was on the list but won’t know where I am on the list until January.

They have 65 reservations and I ordered within minutes of the system going live, have to imagine I’d be in the first wave.

Not sure if I’m getting the runaround or they are just trying to avoid giving information that ends up falling though later.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
Just phoned another dealer about 15 minutes up the road from dealer who is charging 20k markup. New dealer says nothing over msrp and was not agreed upon regionally like original dealer told me. Greasy!!! What a brutal process. Mother in law has a Maverick on order at markup dealer. Gonna look into moving that to new dealer as it is still in wait status.

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Finally got some information, indirectly from someone else at the dealer. Originally they couldn’t find me on the list, then they emailed me and said I was on the list but won’t know where I am on the list until January.

They have 65 reservations and I ordered within minutes of the system going live, have to imagine I’d be in the first wave.

Not sure if I’m getting the runaround or they are just trying to avoid giving information that ends up falling though later.
all dealers can see where their customers are on the dealer list. If they know 65 they know where you are within that. Now they may have prioritized people ahead of you and are being suspect to tell you. I would nail down reservation spot for the dealer and adm commitment, if neither is possible I would immediately switch dealers.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

I don’t think so. Say, for example, your dealer has 80 reservations, and you’re number 7 by timestamp. (80 reservations allows the dealer 10 prioritizations among those reservations, dealer gets to choose which 10, and had until last Friday, 12/17, to report to Ford which of their assigned reservations were given prioritizations). Suppose your dealer has earned an allocation of 15 Lightnings, by virtue of prior sales volume etc.; the 10 prioritizations can be assigned to loyal customers who’ve bought multiple vehicles over the years, but had really late reservation timestamps. Even though you’re number 7 in Ford’s reservation system, the dealer can move 10 people ahead of you at his discretion, effectively putting them ahead of reservations 1-10; you’ve moved from 7 to number 17, and the dealer’s allocation is 15 Lightnings, so you’re simply out of luck.
BTW, my dealer simply chose the first 10 reservations on their list (by timestamp), to be given those critical prioritizations. Since the 12/17 deadline is passed, it’s no longer possible to prioritize a reservation, for money or not. Invitations to order will come from Ford, but to those reservation holders which the dealers have prioritized, then the others, until the dealer’s allocation is exhausted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Update: don't forget that there are still honest MSRP dealers out there -- see List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup)

Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you. Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

rodman-ford.jpg

If you thought $5K ADM was a lot check Koons Falls Church asking for $30K over MSRP!!

268148817_10105953329262559_8328087699247807232_n.jpg
Sorry to be the one to point this out, but does anyone else see the connection between $7500 EV Tax Credits (let alone the possible $12.5k!) and ADM?? Kind of like the way college tuition shot through the roof when cheap student loans became available from the government? When will we ever learn…

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
it appears that dealers will need to lock their price in to the online ordering system in advance. Can't wait to see how this works out.
Well, we can guess how it will work out based on how it is currently working out for Mach e orders. It was the same basic process initially. When you selected your configuration online it displayed a price and the name of your dealer. Dealers had the chance to mark up the car prior to this point. Unfortunately, people learned the hard way dealers could also mark up the car after that point as well.

The problem is that there is no contract requiring the dealer to honor that price, even though it looks nice and official.

The vast majority of dealers honored the original price, but a few did surprise the customers by adding ADM at the time of delivery, forcing customers to give up the vehicle for which they waited so long. It was a mess.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I think the offer is fir those Cadillac dealerships that do not want to make the investment to sell and service BEVs.
Keep in mind that they also announced that the entire line will be electric, so any dealer that refuses the offer is actually deciding to shut down. The net result will be fewer dealships.

NomoF150

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too Many
Occupation
Retired Military
Is it time we demand to end the monopoly of dealerships? States should change the laws and allow consumers to purchase directly from the manufacturer.
NJ had some oddball law on the books that prevented Tesla's from being sold here because they didn't have a actual physical presence here. You had to go to PA, DE or NY to test drive and order/buy. Not sure if Elon greased enough palms to get the law changed, or Tesla put a trailer someplace to use as an office, but apparently you can buy locally now.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
My local Chevy dealer said why they are doing ADM on Corvettes, pickups and SUVs. They were sick and tired of folks buying vehicles for MSRP and immediately reselling them for $10K+ over MSRP and even more for vehicles like Corvettes. Simply put, some dealers want a cut of that profit. That said, I still hate ADM and the last time I paid it was in 1985 for an 86 base Honda Accord sedan. In those days, if you wanted a Honda, Toyota or Mazda, there was a waiting list and you paid ADM. That started to change around 1989 to 1990 or so.
Sponsored