Sponsored

JoeMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost lariat sport
Anybody have an order date before 4/11? I keep getting pushed back. Started in September and at last check I was moved to the week of 11/1. Lariat 502a PB fully loaded.
Sponsored

SARosei

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
Just heard from Dealer. 2021 Order went through today at 16:06, Vin assigned with 11/01 build date!
that’s great for you, congrats, AND a bit of a mind bender given many other comments on this thread. Seems late in the game, and many obstacles already described . . . What, if anything, does this mean — a sudden breakthrough in the supply chain for chips?

DGretka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 RKP
Ordered 8/27. Just got email from dealer stating build got scheduled for 11/08.

bzogster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Just got VIN and Build Week of 11-01 through 11-05 on 08-3-21 Order Date
Group Order Type Retail (222R)(OBC8S)
Lariat Super crew Stone Gray PB
Through Granger
Wasn't sure if it was going to happen and hoping it arrives before the end of the year. Who knows.
Ordered 8/27. Just got email from dealer stating build got scheduled for 11/08.
Curious what your guys priority codes were?

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I'm the OP on this thread with the post quoted above. As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Earlier this week I found an inbound truck on the Ford B&P website to the same local dealership. Had everything I wanted plus a bit more, but was a different color. So I'm talking with the folks and they send me the price quote, even though it still hasn't been delivered. I opened the price quote and saw they applied the $100 cash-back that shows on the Ford website when building a truck. However, they neglected to mention at all about the $5000 premium over the sticker price - just kind of slipped it in there. Guess it's the laws of supply and demand! The shame of it all is who knows where this truck has been sitting since the production date of Mar 18th and final build date of Sep 7th - perhaps almost six months in one of the flooded lots or worse on a train car during the train derailment. When I questioned the price, they said, "Yes, it's adjusted market value due to a lack of inventory."

Hmmm, seems like the perfect reason for going to Granger Ford in Iowa or Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania - even if it is a long distance purchase.
This has been my experience when it comes to looking at my local immediate options. On a Platinum that was very similar to my build the dealer wanted 79K (sticker was 73.5K but dealer rounded up to 74k then added 5k) for the vehicle without tax/title/lic. The out the door was looking like 88K. If you can find a dealer NOT doing the mark-up, then you might want to consider doing business with them.

Sponsored

DGretka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 RKP
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’ve heard many people mention the flooded lots around the Dearborn plant, but is there any evidence that any of these lots were flooded? Most of the photos I’ve seen in the areas that flooded showed the underpasses flooded but not much else.
I just purchased a truck built in March and sat on a lot until August. There are no signs of flooding on the truck, but I guess time will tell.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I’ve heard many people mention the flooded lots around the Dearborn plant, but is there any evidence that any of these lots were flooded? Most of the photos I’ve seen in the areas that flooded showed the underpasses flooded but not much else.
I just purchased a truck built in March and sat on a lot until August. There are no signs of flooding on the truck, but I guess time will tell.
This was the picture going around in August of flooded F150 lots:

Ford F-150 Dealer update: No more 2021 F-150 orders will be built.  MY2022 Order Bank opens Sept 15 FloodedFordLot

Last edited:
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This was the picture going around in August of flooded F150 lots:

FloodedFordLot.png
thanks, that’s the first time I’ve seen that. Not ideal but it also doesn’t look high enough to cause any damage. Living in Florida we get plenty of hurricanes that cause water levels to get this high. As long as it doesn’t get on the interior it should be fine.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
thanks, that’s the first time I’ve seen that. Not ideal but it also doesn’t look high enough to cause any damage. Living in Florida we get plenty of hurricanes that cause water levels to get this high. As long as it doesn’t get on the interior it should be fine.

Such high moisture levels underneath for prolonged periods of time could be the exact reason of rusty undercarriages so many have been experiencing with 2021s. This is not an encouraging photo to say the least.

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Such high moisture levels underneath for prolonged periods of time could be the exact reason of rusty undercarriages so many have been experiencing with 2021s. This is not an encouraging photo to say the least.
I'm sure the water settled after a while. Would argue a standard extended drive in the rain on pavement would be worse for the underbody given all the spray generated by movement.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
Agreed it was $12.1k on my truck with frequent flier miles the whole trip for my wife and I will be about $500 a no brainer. We have bought 4 of our last 5 vehicles out of state :)
Most of my vehicles are out of state purchases and most of the time I have beaten local dealer in 5 figures.

going to granger or Chapman and killing a day is worth it. You can not make 10-12k in a day or two after taxes. ☺

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I have zero faith my dealer has any idea what he’s talking about but this is what they just told me when I asked if my order would auto roll to a 22

”We'll be resubmitting the orders all over again.”

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have zero faith my dealer has any idea what he’s talking about but this is what they just told me when I asked if my order would auto roll to a 22

”We'll be resubmitting the orders all over again.”
For what’s it’s worth, I placed my order may 17th. The build date from the dealer has been bumped back almost every week since early august. I purchased a 21 off a lot last week that was slightly different from my order. If you can wait for a 22 I think it’s worth while. But Ford owes you for your patiences and loyalty. It’s a shame they are doing nothing for the customers when it’s clear they are putting dealer stock over retail orders
Sponsored