First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
For the most part I believe Ford is building vehicles they have parts for. You would think customer orders take priority over stock but it hasn’t been the case in the fleet side. I ordered 6 trucks for a customer in October that haven’t been scheduled yet. Meanwhile the stock chassis (identical specs) I ordered in January have come and gone.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he made basically the same statement. Ford is building trucks they have parts for, following the orders they have received, so, the higher end trim levels require more parts and may be pushed aside. I had the same problem with a Toy Hauler I just purchased, a 2021 model got pushed to 2022 over a few small components the were difficult to source. I heard the word COVID more than once over that deal, I think our Government caused our problems. Paid to stay home.?

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he made basically the same statement. Ford is building trucks they have parts for, following the orders they have received, so, the higher end trim levels require more parts and may be pushed aside. I had the same problem with a Toy Hauler I just purchased, a 2021 model got pushed to 2022 over a few small components the were difficult to source. I heard the word COVID more than once over that deal, I think our Government caused our problems. Paid to stay home.?
99% of the parts come from China and theyre getting rocked. It doesnt matter if our government is keeping people home, the boats aren't fully loaded. You CAN thank our government for allowing most manufacturing to go overseas.

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
99% of the parts come from China and theyre getting rocked. It doesnt matter if our government is keeping people home, the boats aren't fully loaded. You CAN thank our government for allowing most manufacturing to go overseas.
I can 100% guarantee there isnt a single boat coming over not filled to the brim. There are something like 40 cargo ships waiting off the coast of Long Beach. My company imports from China, Korea, and Tiawan and we have orders that have been waiting at origin port for months waiting on space. Even the stuff we sucessfully book container space for is getting held up for months after it ships. Then when it arrives stateside it sits in destination port for 1-2 months while our logisitcs struggle to book inland truck transport which is also above capacity. Just try to find a flatbed dedicated load ... youll be waiting several months for a booking that may get cancelled when they have someone come in and offer $30k for a single truckload.

Its rediculous now and its costing every single American consumer thousands of dollars whether they realize it or not.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I can 100% guarantee there isnt a single boat coming over not filled to the brim. There are something like 40 cargo ships waiting off the coast of Long Beach. My company imports from China, Korea, and Tiawan and we have orders that have been waiting at origin port for months waiting on space. Even the stuff we sucessfully book container space for is getting held up for months after it ships. Then when it arrives stateside it sits in destination port for 1-2 months while our logisitcs struggle to book inland truck transport which is also above capacity. Just try to find a flatbed dedicated load ... youll be waiting several months for a booking that may get cancelled when they have someone come in and offer $30k for a single truckload.

Its rediculous now and its costing every single American consumer thousands of dollars whether they realize it or not.
We have some material for work come from Asia to Long Beach a few weeks ago. It took 3 weeks to float and then sat off shore in Long Beach for 2 weeks. Insane backup at that dock right now.

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Just received this email 15 minutes ago from one of the local dealers concerning 2021 F-150 orders:

"I literally just got finished reading an email from Ford with my sales manager. Unless a 2021 F150 is currently being built, there will be no more made. We now don't even know if we will get in all the vehicles that we have on order. 2022 ordering will open up on Sept 15th and we would love to assist you in placing an order."

Also confirmed by Granger Ford:
I'm the OP on this thread with the post quoted above. As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Earlier this week I found an inbound truck on the Ford B&P website to the same local dealership. Had everything I wanted plus a bit more, but was a different color. So I'm talking with the folks and they send me the price quote, even though it still hasn't been delivered. I opened the price quote and saw they applied the $100 cash-back that shows on the Ford website when building a truck. However, they neglected to mention at all about the $5000 premium over the sticker price - just kind of slipped it in there. Guess it's the laws of supply and demand! The shame of it all is who knows where this truck has been sitting since the production date of Mar 18th and final build date of Sep 7th - perhaps almost six months in one of the flooded lots or worse on a train car during the train derailment. When I questioned the price, they said, "Yes, it's adjusted market value due to a lack of inventory."

Hmmm, seems like the perfect reason for going to Granger Ford in Iowa or Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania - even if it is a long distance purchase.

workitjr

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Homebuilding
Just got VIN and Build Week of 11-01 through 11-05 on 08-3-21 Order Date
Group Order Type Retail (222R)(OBC8S)
Lariat Super crew Stone Gray PB
Through Granger
Wasn't sure if it was going to happen and hoping it arrives before the end of the year. Who knows.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I'm the OP on this thread with the post quoted above. As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Earlier this week I found an inbound truck on the Ford B&P website to the same local dealership. Had everything I wanted plus a bit more, but was a different color. So I'm talking with the folks and they send me the price quote, even though it still hasn't been delivered. I opened the price quote and saw they applied the $100 cash-back that shows on the Ford website when building a truck. However, they neglected to mention at all about the $5000 premium over the sticker price - just kind of slipped it in there. Guess it's the laws of supply and demand! The shame of it all is who knows where this truck has been sitting since the production date of Mar 18th and final build date of Sep 7th - perhaps almost six months in one of the flooded lots or worse on a train car during the train derailment. When I questioned the price, they said, "Yes, it's adjusted market value due to a lack of inventory."

Hmmm, seems like the perfect reason for going to Granger Ford in Iowa or Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania - even if it is a long distance purchase.
Did you have a signed price quote on your original retail order?

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum

Exactly! At $5K over MSRP 3% under invoice puts it at probably a $10K+ swing I can wait or travel a fair distance for $10K YMMV :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did you have a signed price quote on your original retail order?
It wasn't a retail order, it was one of their stock orders I found while searching inventory on the B&P site trying to match the build I did.

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Exactly! At $5K over MSRP 3% under invoice puts it at probably a $10K+ swing I can wait or travel a fair distance for $10K YMMV :)
Exactly!! In my case, it would be closer to about $12K if I make that kind of comparison.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Exactly!! In my case, it would be closer to about $12K if I make that kind of comparison.
Agreed it was $12.1k on my truck with frequent flier miles the whole trip for my wife and I will be about $500 a no brainer. We have bought 4 of our last 5 vehicles out of state :)

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Below is the information I got from my dealer in Canada. It will cost me $650 more with the sane incentives I got for a 2021 and will be getting a 2022.
653402996.jpg
Connected with my dealer today, confirmed that these are the options for switching from 21 to 22. Going with option 1, retaining 0.99% financing on the ‘22. The waiting game continues :)

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Just got VIN and Build Week of 11-01 through 11-05 on 08-3-21 Order Date
Group Order Type Retail (222R)(OBC8S)
Lariat Super crew Stone Gray PB
Through Granger
Wasn't sure if it was going to happen and hoping it arrives before the end of the year. Who knows.
Ordered 3 weeks before you and got a build date after you...excellent.

through granger as well.
Sponsored