Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
For the most part I believe Ford is building vehicles they have parts for. You would think customer orders take priority over stock but it hasn’t been the case in the fleet side. I ordered 6 trucks for a customer in October that haven’t been scheduled yet. Meanwhile the stock chassis (identical specs) I ordered in January have come and gone.
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
So my dealer said mine would be built 7/13 order date 3.0 so I would be really shit out of luck if it don't get it built this year and would really have to look at the 22 tundra at that point
Do you have a VIN? If not I would start specing out your Tundra ?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Hey Zach,

I think your wording here is confusing for us outside the dealer industry.

All of your 2021 orders except for 1 was scheduled?

Or you have 30+ 2021 orders that went unscheduled?

I know there’s like 15 of us with 2021 Tremor orders through you that still haven’t been scheduled.

I was anticipating getting 30+ allocation for our last month of scheduling. That number was 0. We have about 25-30 orders left to schedule that don't have VINs. We have 1 spot left for those because of this situation. So we'll wait until that 1 gets scheduled and then call everyone else to see how they want to proceed with a 2022.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
[QUOTE="...and then call everyone else to see how they want to proceed with a 2022."
[/QUOTE]

This. An unscheduled 2021 does not AUTOMATICALLY roll into a 2022 order, first in line. Your dealer will have to place a second seperate order for the 2022. As we've seen, there is really no rhyme or reason to which orders are getting scheduled and which aren't. Some folks received a VIN and build date within weeks of placing their 2021 order, others have waited 6+ months and will get rolled to 2022. It will be the responsibility of the dealer placing your order to "ensure" you are at the front of the line, but given the randomness of scheduling, I don't see how they will be able to guarantee it.

gotrucks

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1963 Austin Healey Sprite / 2021 F150 Lariat 502A
I called up my dealer yesterday and asked about my order. He assured me that since I had a VIN and a build week that my truck would be built as a 2021 model and there was no need to move over to a 2022 order. My build week did change from 10/11 to 10/25. Hoping my truck arrives this year.

they also did say they no longer have any f150 allotments, they only have super duty alotments.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I'm letting my mind run a bit wild, which I probably shouldn't do. With no definitive idea of how things will transition from MY2021 to MY2022 with outstanding orders, how do I know for sure my order was in fact cancelled if I'm told I need to resubmit a new order for 2022? In other words, with the premiums some dealers are charging, how would I know if they aren't just wanting to keep my order for themselves?

Do you think I have trust issues!!

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
My dealer is leaving the 2021 order in the system as is, and just placing a new 2022 order on top of it. If by some miracle the 2021 gets built, they will cancel the 2022. If the 2021 does not get built, it dissolves, and the 2022 is at least in the system day one. If they both get built, say the 2021 is the last week and the 2022 somehow got selected the first week, I get to choose which one I want and they will sell the other as dealer stock. This is how it should be done.

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
My dealer is leaving the 2021 order in the system as is, and just placing a new 2022 order on top of it. If by some miracle the 2021 gets built, they will cancel the 2022. If the 2021 does not get built, it dissolves, and the 2022 is at least in the system day one. If they both get built, say the 2021 is the last week and the 2022 somehow got selected the first week, I get to choose which one I want and they will sell the other as dealer stock. This is how it should be done.
That sounds fair enough. Guess we'll see what happens in the coming days.

Gime150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
is it confirmed that the 2022 order bank opens tomorrow?

Sponsored

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
For the most part I believe Ford is building vehicles they have parts for. You would think customer orders take priority over stock but it hasn’t been the case in the fleet side. I ordered 6 trucks for a customer in October that haven’t been scheduled yet. Meanwhile the stock chassis (identical specs) I ordered in January have come and gone.
I agree with Fleet orders getting the shaft. While it wasn't October, I ordered two trucks for my business in April (one being mine) and it seems like they just keep giving us the run around. Eventually we had to remove the interior work surfaces to get scheduled, now I realize retail orders are very important but you would think the "Work Surface" could take some priority for fleet orders. End of the day my truck was scheduled for 9/01 in Dearborn.......still crickets, "in production" since 8/24 when I got the window sticker. Anyways I guess I'm just getting very salty now, like I say retail orders are very important and everybody wants their own truck asap, but on the flip side I'm sure a big reason why the F series is the best selling truck line in Canada for like 53 years (40 something in the US?) is because of the substantial amount of fleet sales they have. If they were actually building customer order trucks (Retail & Fleet) before stock like they say they are, I would be a lot less agitated right now.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Looks like the website is not updated yet. Still has 2021 builds.
I’m working a night shift and started checking after mid-nught. Nothings yet.