First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I had a buddy who drove a Cummins he was thinking about getting and they did the same crap with his f150. He had to remind them the definition of grand theft auto for them to give them back.
that's why you go on the test drive with them just like they do to you
Sponsored

Ionvex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat (Lemon) 2021 F150 Lariat
I am in the same boat as you. I have a vin. My order date was the end of May It has not been scheduled or anything. I have quit asking my dealer questions. They are probably tired of me talking to them and it is not their fault. I am the guy that Ford is buying my truck back. Bought it in January, into the shop for 5 months.. My second truck was totaled that was a replacement. Totaled on the transport before it got delivered. So I would love to know if I’m going to get truck number three this year or next year. In the meanwhile I am driving the first truck for free so I guess I shouldn’t complain.
I'm the guy that Ford is buying my truck back also. Took delivery in June 2020. New engine at 1900 miles, requested and granted buy back as a lemon in February 2021. Replacement ordered in April 2021. Truck came in on 9/9 and they had made a mistake on the order, so it's either settle with the the misfit or it gets re-ordered. No mention on Saturday when I spoke to the GM about new orders being 22's, but he did say that I should have the new truck in about 60 days.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I'm the guy that Ford is buying my truck back also. Took delivery in June 2020. New engine at 1900 miles, requested and granted buy back as a lemon in February 2021. Replacement ordered in April 2021. Truck came in on 9/9 and they had made a mistake on the order, so it's either settle with the the misfit or it gets re-ordered. No mention on Saturday when I spoke to the GM about new orders being 22's, but he did say that I should have the new truck in about 60 days.
LIES! lol for the most part orderies are being pushed back. Unless he has an exact truck already on order. 60 days seems WAY to soon/early thought just considering the current circumstances of people with current orders with VINs.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
Maybe my dealer is blowing smoke - they've told me several times rates and incentives at time order was placed would stick. But, realizing ford finance is a while different org, what you say makes sense. To be honest, the real reason for submitting another order was for the spec changes. :)
My rates and My incentives locked in for the order date even though i didn't get the truck until 6 months later, the incentives and interest rate had long ended. As long as the dealer puts it in the system properly it will lock both in.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Just received this email 15 minutes ago from one of the local dealers concerning 2021 F-150 orders:

"I literally just got finished reading an email from Ford with my sales manager. Unless a 2021 F150 is currently being built, there will be no more made. We now don't even know if we will get in all the vehicles that we have on order. 2022 ordering will open up on Sept 15th and we would love to assist you in placing an order."
I have also confirmed this with our sources to be true.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I can confirm this happened to us as well. We have 1 2021 left to schedule and haven't been able to schedule that last order yet.

We were anticipating 30+ F-150s allocated to us and because of a covid flare up in Malaysia, production was eliminated for us.

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
I can confirm this happened to us as well. We have 1 2021 left to schedule and haven't been able to schedule that last order yet.

We were anticipating 30+ F-150s allocated to us and because of a covid flare up in Malaysia, production was eliminated for us.
Sad times. Zach can you let us know what our options are for those of us that are holding a F150 tremor order through Granger?

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0

Are you able to confirm that they are anticipating scheduled orders (with VIN and build date) to still be built, just not building any more unscheduled trucks?

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Just posted on blueovalforums:

• On Thursday, September 16, (Stock) Bronco Sport, EcoSport, Edge, Explorer, F-150, Mach-E, Mustang, Escape, Super Duty, Transit and Transit Connect will not be selected for scheduling.
Given they're already filling the schedule for the first week of November, that may be it for 2021 production. Maybe 1 more scheduling run if supplies happen to pour in. Ford is likely trying their best not to roll over any partially built orders into 2022. That would be a mess and an expense they probably do not want to deal with. I would also guess rolling unscheduled/scheduled orders not already sent to the factory should be a minimal hiccup for them, more of a hassle for the dealers.

This is purely my speculation.

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I have also confirmed this with our sources to be true.
Certainly not the confirmation I wanted to hear since I'm one of many in an "Unscheduled - Clean" status.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Wow 6-10 weeks? I have never quoted that short of a time even before Covid. During this I’ve experienced both ends of the scale. I have chassis orders as far back as October with no schedule dates. My most recent Lariat SD order ordered 8/12, scheduled that same day for 9/20. The following day it’s move forward to 9/1, built that day, shipped the next. There’s been no rhyme or reason to what they’re building, at least from my perspective.
6-10 should be pretty normal outside of Covid from what I’ve heard. That’s what dealer told me too. I somehow got my truck in 7 weeks (Ordered mid April), so yeah, it’s definitely strange what gets scheduled and built and what doesn’t.

mragadorspartacus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 3.5EB, Guard Green two tone
Occupation
IT Director
Just received this email 15 minutes ago from one of the local dealers concerning 2021 F-150 orders:

"I literally just got finished reading an email from Ford with my sales manager. Unless a 2021 F150 is currently being built, there will be no more made. We now don't even know if we will get in all the vehicles that we have on order. 2022 ordering will open up on Sept 15th and we would love to assist you in placing an order."

Also confirmed by Granger Ford:
Do we know if this means that orders currently placed with scheduled build dates have been cancelled/moved to '22 models? If so, do we know how that will affect the $1500 Ford Order incentive?

silva10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion and 2019 Hyundai Sonata
I don't think it will affect.
Some of the incentives are still available even if you order right now.
When did you order yours?
Ford F-150 Dealer update: No more 2021 F-150 orders will be built.  MY2022 Order Bank opens Sept 15 SmartSelect_20210913-200111_Chrome

Bbgator4

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
Occupation
Anesthetist
So an order placed in August with no VIN or build date yet will now either be converted to a 22 or discarded and the order will have to be resubmitted?

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I did not want to create a new thread for this question and this particular thread seems to be the most appropriate one. Will this forum just continue on with the 2022 F150 models? If there will be a new forum for the 2022, can some kind soul direct me to it? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored