Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
@Pibblemobile you appear to have some inside understanding on this can you share is this automatic so a unscheduled clean order no vin will automatically become a my22? Or do we actually have to place a new order? What about pricing, scheduling any benefit to staying with the original order vs just ordering a new my 22 on the 15th? I'm really trying to understand this process. Thanks for any insight you might be able to share.
It has not been confirmed as of today but the talk is all without a VIN will be pushed to 22. Pricing is a different issue and that is up to Ford. They have done price protection in the past but they will announce 1 or another soon.
Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Oh in that case, what about for a vin’d order with no schedule date? Cause thats the boat im in ?
I’ve never seen that unless it’s in “hold” mode which right now some are. There’s trucks produced or “sent to plant” that are in a holding pattern. I believe yours will get built as a 21.

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ve never seen that unless it’s in “hold” mode which right now some are. There’s trucks produced or “sent to plant” that are in a holding pattern. I believe yours will get built as a 21.
ah man, was hoping i could get rolled in to the 22 lol dont wanna lose that deposit.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I don’t understand how an order could simply roll from a 2021 to a 2022. Won’t some of the codes change for subtle trim, tire options, paint, etc changes? Surely Ford will change something!!

Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
My dealer is looking into it, but they seem to think anything thats unscheduled will be kicked back. They find it weird that Ford was still allowing them to order. My order from Thursday has not been pulled, looks like it'll be a 22

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Ordered 3/20
Scheduled build, Kansas City 6/7
Rescheduled build 7/12
Rescheduled build 8/6
Rescheduled build 8/14
Rescheduled build 8/21
Rescheduled build 9/9 (Obviously THAT ain't happening!)
Rescheduled build.... "crickets"

As I said... they have taken orders for trucks MONTHS AFTER I ordered mine that have been built and shipped. Trucks with WAY MORE chips and parts than mine. (You're options are very limited in an RCSB)

"Chips" and "parts supply chain problems" CLEARLY have nothing to do with the fact that I'm not driving my new F150 right now.

At some point you just have to call a spade, "a spade" and the level of incompetence at Ford is exceeded only by their level of indifference. And hiding behind the uncharted territories of the Covid Pandemic at this point is just cowardice.

BTW... congratulations in advance on your new Raptor (if you ever get it) Those are bad ass trucks and that's what I'd have ordered if they offered it with a 122" wheelbase.
At least you have a vin and build dates. I ordered march 13 and have squat. the only thing that makes sense is my dealer oversold allotment but no one will tell me that :(

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
It seems like you guys in Canada get a special kind of screwed (WTF?!!)
Although I'm feeling pretty damn "Canadian" at this point! :mad:
They had a crazy lease deal up here. $99 a week for 2 years for a pretty loaded lariat. That’s unheard of up here. Some dealers sold a ton. I think that’s the issue for my hold up.
originally dealer told me because of Covid it would be 6-10 weeks. I bet I don’t see mine till March next year.

Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
They had a crazy lease deal up here. $99 a week for 2 years for a pretty loaded lariat. That’s unheard of up here. Some dealers sold a ton. I think that’s the issue for my hold up.
originally dealer told me because of Covid it would be 6-10 weeks. I bet I don’t see mine till March next year.
Wow 6-10 weeks? I have never quoted that short of a time even before Covid. During this I’ve experienced both ends of the scale. I have chassis orders as far back as October with no schedule dates. My most recent Lariat SD order ordered 8/12, scheduled that same day for 9/20. The following day it’s move forward to 9/1, built that day, shipped the next. There’s been no rhyme or reason to what they’re building, at least from my perspective.

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Oh in that case, what about for a vin’d order with no schedule date? Cause thats the boat im in ?
I am in the same boat as you. I have a vin. My order date was the end of May It has not been scheduled or anything. I have quit asking my dealer questions. They are probably tired of me talking to them and it is not their fault. I am the guy that Ford is buying my truck back. Bought it in January, into the shop for 5 months.. My second truck was totaled that was a replacement. Totaled on the transport before it got delivered. So I would love to know if I’m going to get truck number three this year or next year. In the meanwhile I am driving the first truck for free so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

thomps33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer told me it was non refundable ?
You ordered a 21. If they can't provide you with a 2021 model with the options you ordered they're legally obligated to refund you... not doing so is considered theft of your $1,000, most likely a felony.

ThunderBubba

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2018 Explorer
Occupation
Retired
My dealer told me it was non refundable ?
That sounds like a dealer to be avoided. I hate dealers like that. We've played the "hide the keys" game where they take your keys to have your trade-in evaluated and you have to threaten violence to get them back. I told one sales manager to please call the police because if I didn't get my keys within ten minutes I was gonna start throwing chairs through the sales floor windows. Amazing how fast the keys appeared.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
That sounds like a dealer to be avoided. I hate dealers like that. We've played the "hide the keys" game where they take your keys to have your trade-in evaluated and you have to threaten violence to get them back. I told one sales manager to please call the police because if I didn't get my keys within ten minutes I was gonna start throwing chairs through the sales floor windows. Amazing how fast the keys appeared.
I had a buddy who drove a Cummins he was thinking about getting and they did the same crap with his f150. He had to remind them the definition of grand theft auto for them to give them back.
Sponsored