Sponsored

Dealer stopped installing Leveling Kits because customers are having issues with their Copilot / sensors

Mike88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey Guys,

Picked up a 2.5inch motofab leveling kit recently and called the dealer to have it installed when the truck is delivered. They told me they would have to check because they are thinking of not doing level kits anymore as people have been having issues with copilot and crash sensors afterwards.

Has anyone had issues or has heard of people having issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
First I've heard of any issues. My dealer installs them on 99% of the 4X4 F150s they sell.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Is this still a problem (2” ReadyLift leveling kit) for 2021/2022 F150’s??

Ford F-150 Dealer stopped installing Leveling Kits because customers are having issues with their Copilot / sensors 8CF358D6-424A-454C-B27F-A9B98A8C8379

Ford F-150 Dealer stopped installing Leveling Kits because customers are having issues with their Copilot / sensors 31DDCB34-6187-44DF-9EBC-490309A77F1F

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I have Ready Lift 2” and no problems with Blue Cruise or any other sensors.

Sponsored

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
My lane keeping worked very well when my truck was stock, and I used it all the time. Since I added the 2.5' Motofab kit, my truck continuously steers side to side like its hunting for the lines, and never really settles. I rarely ever use it anymore. I know thousands of people have had no issue with lifts and levels, so maybe its just isolated bad luck. I need to make an appointment for about a dozen issues and recalls that I've been putting off for months. I may see if they can check the calibration.

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
My lane keeping worked very well when my truck was stock, and I used it all the time. Since I added the 2.5' Motofab kit, my truck continuously steers side to side like its hunting for the lines, and never really settles. I rarely ever use it anymore. I know thousands of people have had no issue with lifts and levels, so maybe its just isolated bad luck. I need to make an appointment for about a dozen issues and recalls that I've been putting off for months. I may see if they can check the calibration.
Have you adjusted the wheel well height for the IPMA in forscan?

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
My dealer uses rough country in the front and blocks in the rear at the same time. Otherwise they said cameras etc. would give problems, same rake but a little less noticeable at the front. Otherwise, the won’t do a straight level

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
My dealer uses rough country in the front and blocks in the rear at the same time. Otherwise they said cameras etc. would give problems, same rake but a little less noticeable at the front. Otherwise, the won’t do a straight level
Maybe that’s why ReadyLift mentions on their site that for a “FX4” vehicle you should use a 1.5” spacer ( not 2”) to give a little rake and not to create issues—
it’s concerning 🤔🤔and confusing.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
So If the system couldn't work when leveled, does that mean it wouldn't work with a loaded bed? Or when the road drops or rises in front of you? I have to think Ford made it so the system can tolerate off-angles, like you get in normal operation of a truck.

When I used the system driving back to CA, I was super impressed how it handled the dynamic curves in Glenwood Canyon on the 70. Dips and crest over "tight" corners didn't give it any problems.

This is more about there being a fundamental/universal problem with the system, vs people having individual issues.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Even if it's hit and miss I suspect the dealer just doesn't want to fool with it. They have enough problems they can't figure out.

I admit to pulling the blocks from the rear of my truck but it still has 2" rake. Much over 1000 lbs in the bed takes it to level. I can't imagine being level or close to it empty. I would think even a full load of passengers and much of anything at all in the bed or on the hitch has the nose pointing at the sky.

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not. Thanks for the advice.
It's actually called wheel arch height. There is a selection for the right and left side. It's the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the fender arch taken vertically through the center of the wheel.

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's actually called wheel arch height. There is a selection for the right and left side. It's the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the fender arch taken vertically through the center of the wheel.
Oh....one more thing. The measurement is in mm.
Sponsored