• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer said my reservation is #14 out of 667, but I'm a little doubtful . . .

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
The reservation system actually went live about ten hours before the presentation. That's how I got #2 at my dealer.
That makes a lot more sense. When I checked about 15 minutes before the presentation, it wasn't available, but that could have been just a temporary thing. So I just assumed it went live when the presentation started.
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Sounded like the Tesla Cult to me.

Then again, maybe not. The number One rule of Tesla Cult is to tell everyone all the time you own a Tesla, even if nobody gives a crap.
Even worse is posting a pic of your Tesla in front of you new PowerBoost :cool: :cool:

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer said my reservation is #14 out of 667, but I'm a little doubtful . . . teslaf150

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
The reservation system actually went live about ten hours before the presentation. That's how I got #2 at my dealer.
Darn. I thought I would be near the front of the line, but I reserved immediately after the live unveiling presentation ended.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Sounded like the Tesla Cult to me.

Then again, maybe not. The number One rule of Tesla Cult is to tell everyone all the time you own a Tesla, even if nobody gives a crap.
Ah, I see, it’s the exact opposite of Fight Club then.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Being I was a few days late reserving a Bronco , I had the laptop open to the Lightening site and was hitting refresh before the reveal started . It did not let me in until the presentation started and at 2 minutes 10 seconds later I was finished . Now you're telling me it actually opened 10 hrs earlier ? That's the 1st I've heard of that .

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Being I was a few days late reserving a Bronco , I had the laptop open to the Lightening site and was hitting refresh before the reveal started . It did not let me in until the presentation started and at 2 minutes 10 seconds later I was finished . Now you're telling me it actually opened 10 hrs earlier ? That's the 1st I've heard of that .
This is also the first and only time I have heard of a reservation before the reveal. I also was unable to reserve before the presentation started... Still feeling like I will be in the first wave but whatever happens will happen and Ford's track record with reservations isn't great. It's a mass produced vehicle and I won't overpay to be first.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I have asked my dealer multiple times what # I was and I haven't received any information back. Quite frustrating.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150, FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Sales
I have asked my dealer multiple times what # I was and I haven't received any information back. Quite frustrating.
^ I only hear from my dealer when I call or stop in. I am switching my reservation to an alternate dealer in my area. I didn't know we can actually order anything yet anyway.
For what its worth I have 4 dealers close to me and none like the EV market at all. I reserved mine during the reveal too. no word on when I can place my order. I suspect 2023/2024 delivery date. If that happens, I will order a 2022 F150(tremor) in the spring and just trade it in when the Lightning gets built.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
"The first rule of Tesla Club is: you only talk about Tesla Club."
Exactly. Tesla Club reminds me of dealing with Fighter Pilots....you never hear the end of it...

Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
From what I read in this forum, many of us have reserved their Lightnings in the first 5 to 10 min after the presentation was over or when Mr Farley announced that the reservation bank was open.
I thought also I was first with my dealer but I found later in the beginning of October that I was #4 out of 160 reservations. Keep this in mind. I had reserved also a Mach E from the same dealer. I thought I was first. Again I was #4 in line. When the orders to convert from reservations to actual orders took place, I ended up receiving my Mach E first. So.....until the order bank opens and the reservations turn to actual orders with signature and down deposits, I won't sweat it too much and where you stand in the list. Lots of people got cold feet or could not convert. Let us see what happens in January. We all be pleasantly surprised.!!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I reserved about 20 mins after they went live (had to go through all the account creation crap). It was well before the live event finished as I watched about 20-30mins of it after I reserved the truck (I reserved before even watching any of it ?).
I am #6 at my dealer and last I heard from them about 2 months ago there is 99 reservations with them. I am planning on going with a Platinum so I may be pushed more towards the beginning of the list as I'm sure ford wants to sell as many of the highest trims first (while filling enough of the lower ones to keep people happy). I wouldnt be surprised if 60-70+% of their production is Lariat and Platinum trucks.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I reserved about 20 mins after they went live (had to go through all the account creation crap). It was well before the live event finished as I watched about 20-30mins of it after I reserved the truck (I reserved before even watching any of it ?).
I am #6 at my dealer and last I heard from them about 2 months ago there is 99 reservations with them. I am planning on going with a Platinum so I may be pushed more towards the beginning of the list as I'm sure ford wants to sell as many of the highest trims first (while filling enough of the lower ones to keep people happy). I wouldnt be surprised if 60-70+% of their production is Lariat and Platinum trucks.
I think going to the front of the line will have much more to do with battery selection than higher trim.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You think SR will be prioritized so they can sell more units?
I suspect extended range will be more desirable due to concerns with range anxiety. Of course we will not know until the orders start coming in.

Might be worth a poll of the community.
Sponsored