• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer said my reservation is #14 out of 667, but I'm a little doubtful . . .

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I legitimately started reserving my lightning within 5 minutes of the reservation system being available, at the very beginning of the Ford presentation. I reserved at the largest Ford dealer in my state, so I'm not surprised there are 667 reservations total, but I'm very surprised that 13 people in my area got in faster than me.
Do any of you know if the dealerships themselves had an earlier opportunity to make reservations?
Hopefully 14/667 still means I will get a Lightning in 2022
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
You don't have to reserve at your own dealership, but on top of that you're allowed to move your reservation anywhere.

So what likely happened is you happen to have a good known dealership and people either initially reserved there, or transferred their reservation there.

Of course it's equally possible that your dealership is full of shit and lying to you.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I placed my reservation in the first 4-5 minutes of the system being opened up. My dealership confirmed that I have their second reservation. My timestamp is 15 seconds after the first registration and the next after me was in less than 10 seconds later. With it taking 3-4 minutes to enter the required information when the system opened, I could see with a larger dealership that the could have 15-20 reservations made in the first 5-10 minutes. I am not aware what the total number of reservations are that have been placed at the dealership to date.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I suspect that Ford will not produce the Pro model only. They will try to get tax credits plus their higher profit and supply available models out first.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
That we don't really know anything about anything seems about right, making the conjecture both entertaining and excruciating at the same time. All this talk of members reserving the nanosecond the reservation banks opened has me extremely jealous and secretly hoping none of them get theirs until 2023 at the earliest. Otherwise, cheers, Ford dudes and dudettes.

Sponsored

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That we don't really know anything about anything seems about right, making the conjecture both entertaining and excruciating at the same time. All this talk of members reserving the nanosecond the reservation banks opened has me extremely jealous and secretly hoping none of them get theirs until 2023 at the earliest. Otherwise, cheers, Ford dudes and dudettes.
What is worse than reserving an early release vehicle like the F150 Lightning is trying to get your hands on one of the new XBox or Playstation systems. They both were released over a year ago and still noone can get their hands on them as they are purchased online by BOTs as soon as they go up for sale and then are relisted on places like ebay for $400-500 over the initial $500 pricing. Trying to get a upper level graphics card for a gaming PC is just as bad or worse.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
What is worse than reserving an early release vehicle like the F150 Lightning is trying to get your hands on one of the new XBox or Playstation systems. They both were released over a year ago and still noone can get their hands on them as they are purchased online by BOTs as soon as they go up for sale and then are relisted on places like ebay for $400-500 over the initial $500 pricing. Trying to get a upper level graphics card for a gaming PC is just as bad or worse.
I reckon it’s a sinister confluence of chip shortage, supply chain fandangos, and general buttheadedness. It makes me wonder if we’ll ever get back to normal, however you define it.

Sneaker bots buying $80k trucks sounds pretty 2021 to me.
LOL, right.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
This site has REALLY turned into a complete Piece of SHIT!

I tried to post more of my pictures and it wouldn't let me, instead gave me THIS:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site.

FUCK THIS SHIT!

I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!

...good luck everybody.
Wow that was a nice goodbye.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Another Cybertruck Troll

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Another Cybertruck Troll
Sounded like the Tesla Cult to me.

Then again, maybe not. The number One rule of Tesla Cult is to tell everyone all the time you own a Tesla, even if nobody gives a crap.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I legitimately started reserving my lightning within 5 minutes of the reservation system being available, at the very beginning of the Ford presentation. I reserved at the largest Ford dealer in my state, so I'm not surprised there are 667 reservations total, but I'm very surprised that 13 people in my area got in faster than me.
Do any of you know if the dealerships themselves had an earlier opportunity to make reservations?
Hopefully 14/667 still means I will get a Lightning in 2022
The reservation system actually went live about ten hours before the presentation. That's how I got #2 at my dealer.
Sponsored