Sponsored

Dealer Messed Up Order

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Thanks for the reply, yea I would love to have it exactly how I ordered it especially because I plan on having it for a long time. The frustrating part is that this is their mistake and I feel like they should make it right but don’t have much leverage.

Start looking around. Your exact build might be sitting on a lot in the surrounding area. Sure it might not be the color, but has your exact options you wanted. MAYBE since there seems to be increasing inventory sitting on lots, the next dealer might negotiate/allow X-plan. Good luck! I would walk away if there are other potential options, especially if the dealer won't come down in price due to missing equipment/difference in order vs. delivery.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat, 3.5L PB, BAP, Max Trailer Tow
Start looking around. Your exact build might be sitting on a lot in the surrounding area. Sure it might not be the color, but has your exact options you wanted. MAYBE since there seems to be increasing inventory sitting on lots, the next dealer might negotiate/allow X-plan. Good luck! I would walk away if there are other potential options, especially if the dealer won't come down in price due to missing equipment/difference in order vs. delivery.
That’s actually a really good point, I’ll check around. I don’t care that much about color but the options are important to me. Thanks!

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I figured I would check and see if anyone else has run into this issue or if anyone has any advice. Long story short, I got an email with my production date, which after my six month wait I was thrilled about. Come to find out, my dealer messed up the order and didn’t put power deployable running boards and upgraded sound system in the system. On my signed order sheet they are both shown but they must have keyed something in wrong after the fact, I have no idea.
From what I’ve read, once you have been scheduled and have a VIN there’s no changes that can be made without loosing your place. Does anyone know what can be done? On the one hand it’s just a sound system and running boards but on the other, they messed up and I have a signed order sheet showing those features and I’ve waited for this and want it to be the way I ordered it. Does anyone know if anything can be done or what I should try to get them to do? Any advice would be wonderful and the dealer is “looking into it”.
Did you contact the dealer? Would be my first step before forum posts.

OP
OP

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you contact the dealer? Would be my first step before forum posts.
I have contacted them multiple times. They are looking into it but thought I would check to see if others had any similar experience

Sponsored

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I initially ordered and cancelled a Coyote powered truck early last year before I found something on a lot. Going back over my paperwork just after my order was put in I realized I missed that in a base Lariat the bench with fold down center armrest is standard unless the box for the solid console is checked. I went back in to fix it and the salesman swore up and down to me I should have no worries as I was getting the center console. I let it go as I knew I was looking around for a lot truck and would cancel as soon as I found something. But I knew 100% that box did not get checked at ordering and documented that I was asking to add it and pay the price difference and that I was being told I was already GTG. That would have been quite the conversation if that truck showed up with a 40/20/40 bench 6 months later after all his promises.

I probably would have taken it that way and said put the Ford Bed extender and a decent inexpensive solid fold cover on it and we'll call it good since those were the two most expensive things I planned to do to this next truck for the first couple years I had it.

Last edited:

Expat93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Denali, Ram, Ford
Occupation
None
Appreciate it! I’m actually in Melbourne Florida so there’s still hope lol
Oh no, not Kelly Ford… I tried to order a platinum with the 5.0 and they said it wasn’t possible. I went to another dealer and he placed the order in mid Feb and my truck is currently being built.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
It would seem both items should be "dealer installable".

Ask them to order and pay for these, so when your truck arrives they can install them for you.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
If you have to be relegated to reordering, now's your chance to reorder through Granger Ford in Iowa (3 percent UNDER invoice).
still wouldn't offset the substantial price increases Ford has been doing the past 12 months.. in my opinion. i can totally understand OP's frustration because they had to re order my truck once which resulted in me paying more for the same amount of f*cking options. and in case you're wondering, no they did not offer price lock for my re order.

OP
OP

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would seem both items should be "dealer installable".

Ask them to order and pay for these, so when your truck arrives they can install them for you.
I’ll definitely give that a try! Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
still wouldn't offset the substantial price increases Ford has been doing the past 12 months.. in my opinion. i can totally understand OP's frustration because they had to re order my truck once which resulted in me paying more for the same amount of f*cking options. and in case you're wondering, no they did not offer price lock for my re order.
Yes, absolutely frustrating got a call from the manager and he needs to look into it further. He said he’d know by Thursday but did say that whatever is on the vehicle now is what I’m getting. They won’t make changes now, which I mostly expected, but still had hope

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
As someone with both the power running boards and the BO Unleashed system, I (mainly my petite wife) would greatly miss the power running boards. I think the running boards are great and the dealer can add those if they are willing. Since I'm not someone with an ear for the details of sound, I don't know that I could tell the difference between the Unleashed system and the Leashed system. My nice sound system is appreciated, but wasted on me. If I were in your situation, I would be happy to have the dealership install power running boards and let the Unleashed system go. However, if you are always going to be driving your F150 and being disappointed with the sound system, then I would pass on this order.

OP
OP

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As someone with both the power running boards and the BO Unleashed system, I (mainly my petite wife) would greatly miss the power running boards. I think the running boards are great and the dealer can add those if they are willing. Since I'm not someone with an ear for the details of sound, I don't know that I could tell the difference between the Unleashed system and the Leashed system. My nice sound system is appreciated, but wasted on me. If I were in your situation, I would be happy to have the dealership install power running boards and let the Unleashed system go. However, if you are always going to be driving your F150 and being disappointed with the sound system, then I would pass on this order.
Thanks for the information! Yes, definitely would love to get the power running boards. We’ll see what they can do.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I figured I would check and see if anyone else has run into this issue or if anyone has any advice. Long story short, I got an email with my production date, which after my six month wait I was thrilled about. Come to find out, my dealer messed up the order and didn’t put power deployable running boards and upgraded sound system in the system. On my signed order sheet they are both shown but they must have keyed something in wrong after the fact, I have no idea.
From what I’ve read, once you have been scheduled and have a VIN there’s no changes that can be made without loosing your place. Does anyone know what can be done? On the one hand it’s just a sound system and running boards but on the other, they messed up and I have a signed order sheet showing those features and I’ve waited for this and want it to be the way I ordered it. Does anyone know if anything can be done or what I should try to get them to do? Any advice would be wonderful and the dealer is “looking into it”.
Typically, the ONLY restrictions once serialized, are model (XL/XLT/LARIAT etc.) and major packages (i.e. powertrain, equipment group). For certain, body style and powertrain are encoded in the VIN

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
Yes, absolutely frustrating got a call from the manager and he needs to look into it further. He said he’d know by Thursday but did say that whatever is on the vehicle now is what I’m getting. They won’t make changes now, which I mostly expected, but still had hope
Huh...when I decided I wanted BlueCruise added, mostly just for enhanced resale value, I called my dealer and asked if it was possible. It was 3 weeks after my original order and 2 weeks after getting my build date (yeah, I got my build date really quickly). My salesman said "sure" and contacted me the next day with a new "Preview Order" sheet with the updated pricing (and a better priority code). Six weeks later I was able to pull my window sticker showing the addition and a week later it went down the line. Then I waited six months for it to be completed.

Guess it could be that your dealer just doesn't want to go through whatever hassles they have to deal with to change orders but my dealer acted like he did changes all the time.
Sponsored

Last edited: