Dealer Left off 2 options and Truck is scheduled - Updated Page 2

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Call me soft or what ever, but mistakes happen. In the end after some aggravation on my part, I got the correct truck on order. Trust me, if it wasn't fixed today then I was going to let him know that it was his truck and I was done with the order.

Part of the problem is the next closest dealership to me is ~40 miles away. I just didn't totally burn that bridge unless I had to.
Glad to hear your order was made right.
Sponsored

Rustifer

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford F-150, 1996 Ford F-250
Occupation
Sales manager
Can someone tell me how this ordering process works? The dealer left 2 rather important things off the order that was in the summary sheet I sent over to him. The 7.2kW power and the towing package. I don't want this truck. I was told it was already scheduled and he has apologized many times about it, but never offered me the option to cancel.

What is my recourse?

I am a bit bummed right now.
I order trucks on a regular basis. I make mistakes, like we all do. In the event I order a truck in with the wrong equipment. I'd glad refund the deposit, and get the right truck in for the customer. If this dealer refuses to do that, I'd buy elsewhere.

Gman-04

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully a 2021 Lariat, Boeing 767, 2005 BMW325i,
Occupation
pilot
The information you guys post is invaluable. Thank you!
I'm the new guy getting ready to order a Lariat this week and I feel you have not only educated me but have quite possibly saved me some major headaches.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Can someone tell me how this ordering process works? The dealer left 2 rather important things off the order that was in the summary sheet I sent over to him. The 7.2kW power and the towing package. I don't want this truck. I was told it was already scheduled and he has apologized many times about it, but never offered me the option to cancel.

What is my recourse?

I am a bit bummed right now.
Lol that's too funny. I ordered the anti blue in sport but it doesn't come without chrome. Manager ordered the truck but I didn't want any chrome. I ordered the second truck with different color about a month after because of work I couldn't get into shop. Both trucks arrived 2 days apart. Second truck was one I took and dealer still has first which manager ordered without my approval. So tell your dealer to get you what you want, not what they want you to have.