Dealer Left off 2 options and Truck is scheduled - Updated Page 2

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Question for you guys. My order specs and options look correct on both the Ford tracker and VIN tracker posted on our forum. Has anyone experienced/noticed it being incorrect once their window sticker posts?
Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Can someone tell me how this ordering process works? The dealer left 2 rather important things off the order that was in the summary sheet I sent over to him. The 7.2kW power and the towing package. I don't want this truck. I was told it was already scheduled and he has apologized many times about it, but never offered me the option to cancel.

What is my recourse?

I am a bit bummed right now.
If you change the order, your truck goes back-in-line.

But here's the deal - the honest truth is you HAVE to get what you wanted. It's worth the wait, seriously. Worth every bit of having to wait long to get it RIGHT. Trust me on this. We're all anixous till our baby arrives, but you'll regret the truck a little bit the whole time you own it if it's not RIGHT.

Your dealer is responsible for the mistake, it's their issue. They can update your order or they can re-order and somehow compensate you with a added discount. Don't worry about the existing wrong order - it *will* sell to someone, and the dealer *will* make money off it. Guaranteed. The demand is too high and will be for a while.

Get the right truck, seriously. Make it happen.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Question for you guys. My order specs and options look correct on both the Ford tracker and VIN tracker posted on our forum. Has anyone experienced/noticed it being incorrect once their window sticker posts?
No. Did you have that happen or something?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Even with a deposit down on your order you can still refuse / cancel at time of delivery and get your money back.

Bottom line: Get the truck you want, and don't settle for anything less. It's a no-brainer (but annoying - I get it). No worries or guilt in canceling / reordering, and since it's a dealer mistake, make sure they compensate you properly, e.g., additional price discount, 2 years of free oil changes, etc.

Reactions: Dan
OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
This was way to hard, but I got him to agree to re-order. I got the guilt trip about not letting them try to fix it when it arrived. It took me saying I am going to refuse the truck when it arrives to finally getting him to consider re-ordering.

He is sending over his build sheet for me to verify before submitting. After how hard this is been, I don't even want order through them but I feel like its the best. I am just angry as to how hard it was to get him to re-order when most people on here talk about canceling or even re-ordering like it was very easy to do. This was worse than haggling over a price.

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
This was way to hard, but I got him to agree to re-order. I got the guilt trip about not letting them try to fix it when it arrived. It took me saying I am going to refuse the truck when it arrives to finally getting him to consider re-ordering.

He is sending over his build sheet for me to verify before submitting. After how hard this is been, I don't even want order through them but I feel like its the best. I am just angry as to how hard it was to get him to re-order when most people on here talk about canceling or even re-ordering like it was very easy to do. This was worse than haggling over a price.
How exactly were they going to fix a missing 7.2kW power and the towing package after it arrived?

meyer_22

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid, Lariat
Bottom line - reordering is the right thing. When spending this much on a truck you need to get what you wanted. I could have had a truck off the dealer lot in late January. But I wanted what I wanted - 7.2kw, Hybrid, Rapid Red, Interior Partitioned Storage, Chrome 20" wheels, Max Tow. These were all must haves for me. So worth the wait. But I feel your pain at having to re-order and wait longer.

daytpwr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You are to soft. I would said fix it or I am walking. Always put the deposit on a cc to challenge it if needed.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
With mine, the BUILD SHEET was correct, but as I noted, I made the assumption that the build sheet WAS the same ordering system, and all he had to do was click "submit" or something. The tracker had always had the incorrect order that left out a key feature. If I would have proofread the tracker (which is available well ahead of window sticker) I would have caught it!! But you have to painfully go line item by line item. It is easier to analyze on the window sticker but at that point it is too late!

BOTTOM LINE: The build sheet is NOT the actual order. Everyone needs to USE THE TRACKER to inspect your order extremely carefully BEFORE the window sticker shows up!! You have a window from VIN available up until window sticker (about 8 days before build date) to do all the proofreading! Then only some options can be fixed while others will reset you to the beginning of the process.

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
With mine, the BUILD SHEET was correct, but as I noted, I made the assumption that the build sheet WAS the same ordering system, and all he had to do was click "submit" or something. The tracker had always had the incorrect order that left out a key feature. If I would have proofread the tracker (which is available well ahead of window sticker) I would have caught it!! But you have to painfully go line item by line item. It is easier to analyze on the window sticker but at that point it is too late!

BOTTOM LINE: The build sheet is NOT the actual order. Everyone needs to USE THE TRACKER to inspect your order extremely carefully BEFORE the window sticker shows up!! You have a window from VIN available up until window sticker (about 8 days before build date) to do all the proofreading! Then only some options can be fixed while others will reset you to the beginning of the process.
This true. My build sheet had the tan interior and I called my dealer and they changed it that day.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This true. My build sheet had the tan interior and I called my dealer and they changed it that day.
You mean your approved build sheet was correct with tan, and the order started with a non-tan color?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
You mean your approved build sheet was correct with tan, and the order started with a non-tan color?
The build sheet was black, it showed up tan in the tracking website, changed it to black.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I was looking over the shoulder of the Sales Manager when my order was entered, so I know mine was correct. Window sticker confirms everything.

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Call me soft or what ever, but mistakes happen. In the end after some aggravation on my part, I got the correct truck on order. Trust me, if it wasn't fixed today then I was going to let him know that it was his truck and I was done with the order.

Part of the problem is the next closest dealership to me is ~40 miles away. I just didn't totally burn that bridge unless I had to.
Sponsored