Sponsored

Dealer Left off 2 options and Truck is scheduled - Updated Page 2

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Can someone tell me how this ordering process works? The dealer left 2 rather important things off the order that was in the summary sheet I sent over to him. The 7.2kW power and the towing package. I don't want this truck. I was told it was already scheduled and he has apologized many times about it, but never offered me the option to cancel.

What is my recourse?

I am a bit bummed right now.
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Can someone tell me how this ordering process works? The dealer left 2 rather important things off the order that was in the summary sheet I sent over to him. The 7.2kW power and the towing package. I don't want this truck. I was told it was already scheduled and he has apologized many times about it, but never offered me the option to cancel.

What is my recourse?

When did you order? If it was recently, I would have a hard time believing it is scheduled already. SFD9 is right, just have them re-order with a high priority code.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That is their truck now. They should be ordering you the correct truck immediately or offering you a hefty discount to take this one. It is in their best interest to just reorder and sell the original truck at retail.

mortgagemaniac

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 King Ranch, 2018 Expedition
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I ordered a truck in October and found out in early January that the 360 camera was left off the order. I called my dealer and he immediately said no problem and ordered me another truck since we couldn't find one in the area that met my liking. He told me that he would have no problem selling the truck without the camera. The two items they left off of your truck should not keep them from being able sell that truck. But you will be delayed in getting one of course if they have to reorder. My new order was placed on 1/9 and is currently sitting in Dearborn awaiting shipment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
It was ordered last week. I was told today it was already scheduled for the 22nd.

I will ask him to re-order tomorrow. If he doesn't offer that, I will just refuse it when it arrives. Part of getting the Powerboost was for the Pro Power On Board option. I could live with the lower tow package but I am just frustrated. Hopefully I get this resolved tomorrow.

wmuav8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Airline Pilot
When did you order? If it was recently, I would have a hard time believing it is scheduled already. SFD9 is right, just have them re-order with a high priority code.
My truck was ordered on Jan 11th and scheduled on January 14th

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
My truck was ordered on Jan 11th and scheduled on January 14th
Sure, you have a scheduled build date right after you order, but that date is likely 6-12 weeks from now and can be canceled and re-ordered during this time. I also ordered on Jan 11th but my build isn't "scheduled" until April 5th.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
It was ordered last week. I was told today it was already scheduled for the 22nd.

I will ask him to re-order tomorrow. If he doesn't offer that, I will just refuse it when it arrives. Part of getting the Powerboost was for the Pro Power On Board option. I could live with the lower tow package but I am just frustrated. Hopefully I get this resolved tomorrow.
How on earth did you get a 4 week build on a Powerboost?

Sponsored

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
If you want to make the trip to CT I’ll order you the exact truck you want and spec it out correctly. LoL

Seems like the person responsible for building their custom orders made a mistake, it happens, people are human, but they shouldn’t make you buy it. They should accept the mistake and re order you a truck or try and locate something the way you want it.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne

What is my recourse?

Not to be rude- but THEIR lack of attention to detail is not your problem. You spec’d out a machine; they failed to properly enter said specs into the system. Their problem and a reputable dealer should (1) easily understand that and (2) try to remediate the issue to your liking. There’s a way to absolutely get your point across without being difficult or confrontation. Fact based dialog without getting people on the defensive.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I guess this happens often. I had 2 retail orders at 2 dealers (accidental, but am grateful now) and one got scheduled about 2 weeks ahead of the other. I didn't notice until the 2nd one was invoiced that the prices didn't match. I figured out the first one left off the active prep 2.0. If I'm paying this much for a truck, then I want that feature dammit! So first dealer can just sell it to a walk-in, and I'll grab the 2nd truck.

The crappy part is the 1st truck was delivered YESTERDAY! o_O I'm using all my willpower to wait 2 more weeks for that stupid feature.

By the way, the build sheets I approved with each dealer were both correct. Somehow he screwed up when he entered it into the system. I just assumed the build sheet WAS the system and never checked the tracker or window sticker further to verify.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Mine was ordered on 2/24. Got a message from my dealer on 2/25 that it was moved to scheduled. Seems things are picking up a bit concerning production now.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ditto what many other fine users have said. It’s really on them to fix it.

“Not your job, not your prob”
Sponsored