First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Took my truck to a dealer for an oil change, power inverter fan noise, clicking muffler noise and the drive shaft recall. One of their workers was pulling another truck out that was parked next to mine and swiped my truck's rear bumper causing damage to the bumper and scratching the taillight. I have not seen it yet, but definitely not happy about this. They told me the body shop guy said he could buff out the scratch from the taillight, but I am kind of questioning this.
I know it is an accident and there is not much they can do but fix it right.
What would you tell them about the whole situation?
What dealership was it?! I'm worried as I'm in Indiana too with a New Raptor too
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hemmy

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
What dealership was it?! I'm worried as I'm in Indiana too with a New Raptor too
I see you are in Burns Harbor so you are safe. I am in South Bend area.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
This is a new Raptor, so they don't have the parts. They have to order them or at least the bumper. I am not crazy about them trying to just buff out a scratch on the taillight. IMO, this should be a new taillight. I will definitely get some pictures though.
I had someone back into my expedition and resulted in my bumper needing to be repainted and tail light fixed. There was a scuff on the lens and the body shop was skeptical so quoted a replacement tail light assembly. They attempted to buff the lens and in the end that was flawless, so I wouldn't stress over that too much.

On the bright side, the dealership is owning up to their mistake. You probably don't need to get your insurance involved other than to just give your agent a heads up about it in case you do need some assistance getting things handled. Document everything and hold them to fixing it just like new. Any good dealership will have proper insurance and body shop connections. Lot accidents happen, unfortunately... Also, minor things like this will probably never show up on CarFax or similar tracking, so should be a non issue down the road.

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Took my truck to a dealer for an oil change, power inverter fan noise, clicking muffler noise and the drive shaft recall. One of their workers was pulling another truck out that was parked next to mine and swiped my truck's rear bumper causing damage to the bumper and scratching the taillight. I have not seen it yet, but definitely not happy about this. They told me the body shop guy said he could buff out the scratch from the taillight, but I am kind of questioning this.
I know it is an accident and there is not much they can do but fix it right.
What would you tell them about the whole situation?
I went through a similar situation with a hotel Valet that cracked my tailight. Ended up being a 1250 settlment to replace the tailight.....just saying

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Was it Gurlee Leep?!
Sponsored