• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer can't tell me my place in line?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
My experience is that most dealers want to sell you what is on their lot today. Orders are considered a hassle that they would rather avoid.
Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Why are having priority slots great?
You’d only say that if you benefited from it. It just allows dealers to play games.

I can pretty much guarantee you that I was the first one to place a reservation at that dealership.

I’m a returning customer, recently purchasing a $65k truck. I do all my service there even though there are closer Ford dealerships. I’ve been loyal to buying only Ford trucks both personally and at my business.

So being first to place reservation and a good customer means nothing apparently.
I genuinely don't mean to sound preachy, but this is why brand loyalty is an outdated concept. Every purchase is a chance to do new research and reach a different conclusion on what's best for you. Being loyal to any organization out to turn a profit is a rather one-sided relationship.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
My truck purchase history
2006 GMC Sierra Sport Side -> 2009 GMC Sierra Hybrid -> 2013 F150 Platinum -> 2016 GMC Denali -> 2018 F150 Limited -> 2019 GMC Denali -> 2022 F150 Lightning

I have no brand loyalty, just whichever manufacturer has the best toys...the GMC tailgate got me into the dealership, the toys on the inside made me drive the second Danial off the lot. I will give up my HUD and camera rearview to go to the Lightning, but I gain the all-electric truck. In three years (I plan on using Ford Options), we will see who has the best toys for EV trucks.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I have no brand loyalty, just whichever manufacturer has the best toys...the GMC tailgate got me into the dealership, the toys on the inside made me drive the second Danial off the lot. I will give up my HUD and camera rearview to go to the Lightning, but I gain the all-electric truck. In three years (I plan on using Ford Options), we will see who has the best toys for EV trucks.
How are you giving up rear view camera to go to Lightning?

Deleted member 9341

This is not true. When I called 5 dealerships they all knew where I would be in their line. They were able to look up date reserved and tell me the range of buyers I would fall in by date. It depends if you have a good dealer or not willing to tell you.
Exactly right. Plenty of people know exactly where they are in line.

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
This is not true. When I called 5 dealerships they all knew where I would be in their line. They were able to look up date reserved and tell me the range of buyers I would fall in by date. It depends if you have a good dealer or not willing to tell you.
That is great to know! I am going to demand to know this prior to moving my reservation then. Thanks!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I placed my order on 5-19 within 5 minutes of the reservation system opening and have a low reservation number.

After not hearing back by phone call or email for the past 2 months (my first time trying to contact the dealer since 5/19), I finally was able to get in touch with someone last week who told me they didn’t know my place in line and that only Ford knew. They said they would have “employee name” (person in charge call of Lightning orders) call me. He never did. I emailed him directly and he told me I was 11 out of 65. I asked how that was possible because I ordered within 5 minutes of the reservation system opening, he never emailed me back.

I’ve only owned Ford Trucks for 10 years now and just bought a Platinum F150 from this dealer a couple years ago. Apparently that doesn’t matter for a priority list because I’m not on it.

Terrible model by Ford. If you want to let people skip the line it should have been limited to only moving up 5-10 spots or make the list every other based on time stamp and dealer priority.

I was planning on purchasing a 2022 Expedition as well, but now have a sour taste in my mouth and debating how to proceed. Not like it matters to the dealers right now because they can’t keep cars on the lot, but this supply/demand imbalance wont last forever. Their reputation however, will last forever.
I am having the SAME experience EXCEPT today, they told me I was 42ND in line out of 140 reservations. I placed my res within 1-3 minutes of the reservation banks opening on May 19th. I live in a fairly small town and I believe it is impossible for me to be that far down the list.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Does anyone have firsthand experience with contacting ford customer service and being given more info than what your dealer is giving you in terms of your spot in line/likelihood of ordering MY22? My dealer won’t tell me my specific position and I’m considering switching dealers but am curious if I can get any useful info from Ford if I call their customer service first.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I have the same experience with my sales guy. He has been clueless and waiting on info from Ford. I told him about wave 1 and offered to come down and show him the playbook and how to look things up. He was all for that. I think this is a new process and they just haven't read the memos. I'll meet with him and the GSM Monday and show them where to look.

When you think about it they may only get 10-15 this year and they probably sell that many other vehicles in a few days or a week so this just isn't moving the needle for them. He was surprised when I told him price, deposit, etc. were all finalized online. I think a lot of $0 ADM and $500 deposits are because the dealer never went in to change those defaults.
I know for a fact that my dealer was thrown off guard with my day one order. When i called him, he was clueless and shocked i was even able to order. There was $0 ADM showing online so i think they missed their chance.. called him back right after i completed order, he was shocked to see my order show up and asked if i wanted him to accept. I said yes, hurry! So he for sure was off guard.

But on the phone that night he said i was prioritized in their top 3..then next day he said i was prioritized in the top 10. So idk if they still had the ability to change that anytime they want? From what i heard, dealers had to submit final priority list by Dec. 17th (?) From watching a video on youtube from McArthur ford, their person stated that this was the fact, and they prioritized one worker from the dealership to the first spot. The worker of course got to order 1st wave.. so it shows you that the dealers on top of the ordering system are being selfish and prioritizing themselves over customers. Also proves that in fact people that got to order in first wave were indeed #1 on their dealers list regardless of what spot they were told they were in. Also proves my dealer was off guard because i'm sure they would have put their internal orders into first spot rather than mine. Check out this video and these time marks:

time mark: 0:24 - states they got one invite, was dealer employee

time mark 2:06 - states first person on list got to order day 1 and says that employee didn't reserve first day, but they bumped him up to first spot.

time mark 2:46 - admits that he put himself at number 2 on their list.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Wow, I had some respect for Long McArthur since they've been putting out those helpful videos, but that's really disappointing to hear. At least they're up front about it. Still shameful, though.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Wow, I had some respect for Long McArthur since they've been putting out those helpful videos, but that's really disappointing to hear. At least they're up front about it. Still shameful, though.
Ya, i have mixed feelings as well. I do appreciate his honesty and clarifying a lot of info that other dealers won't. But when they originally had over 120 orders as he claims, come on. Go ahead, keep spot 1 for yourself, but give the rest to your customers.

Sprta

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
It is possible mainly cause you were either “beat” by other people, or the dealership put in place the priority slot and pushed you up/down.

Having these slots are great, and I get and understand why they are doing it. However if you only have ~2000 dealerships that are BEV certified, and you only going to produce a certain number for the 22MY at least tell us or cut us off at that number. This way we are not expecting a 22MY.
Or they will not tell you because someone with a lower reservation number could switch to your dealer, which will affect the reservation sequence.
Sponsored