Sponsored

Dealer Appetite Below MSRP?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I ordered my 2023 F150 XLT PB with few options at Granger last month. its MSRP was $67k and I got it at $59k. I was told 4-6 month wait but surprisingly its status was changed to in production since late last week. Hopefully I will get it sooner. I'm debating if I should drive it back home 1300miles or ship it as I was quoted for $1400 to NJ.
Give it a drive, Rt 80 is a clean shot. A nice summer drive. You're probably going to want to fly out there to inspect it so that is costing you anyway. Then you just need to throw in the cost of a hotel room for a night or 2. Nice.

Check out Grangers Ford ESP too if you plan on keeping the truck long term.

Good luck with it!
Sponsored

Cfribs

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Construction
In October I bought a 2022 XLT at $2500 below MSRP, the dealer said they are trying to get rid of inventory and for every '22 sold they can get 2 2023 models. This was the only dealer within 100 miles that I could get it below MSRP.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
My dealer now has 5k off inventory f150s for Boxing Day

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Are folks seeing/hearing dealers entertain offers below MSRP? I have my eye on a ‘22 Lariat BAP 502A that has been sitting on a dealer lot for going on 40+ days. So far no movement on price.
A dealer ne me has about 20 2022s sitting on the lot now. Theye are offering good financing plus no payments for 90 days and $1000 dollars off. With the uncertain economy and after gouging for the past year thel'll have to do better than that.IMO GM is offering $ off of MSRP but only on the ones with the 4cyl 2.7 engine

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
I was at my dealer last week and they had a beautiful Raptor Bronco in the showroom, sticker MSRP was $79,000. Then a salesman walks up and says add $30,000 to that price, they had three and two sold already. No Thanks.

The knowledge that there are people out there that will pay these insane markups really makes me wonder.

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
That might be gone by now. I would definitely snatch that one if I was in the market. Not a 502A but cheaper than a 23 302A. Definitely very good "on the lot" deal.
Yeah. I saw that it was a 501 build. Still worth it with a Forscan fix for the Sirius XM delete.

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Problem is, people seem to be paying whatever they are asking. Up here in canada anyway.

I got mine for 4k off MSRP and that was just a year end deal.

They had more trucks with "sold" on them than they had available. Its crazy. I think it's their "low" interest rate offering of 1.49% maybe

Yeah. I saw that it was a 501 build. Still worth it with a Forscan fix for the Sirius XM delete.

Can you tell me what you're referring to here? My 501A lariat came with no sirius XM

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
I don't know if prices will ever go down, or if quality will go back up. I ordered my Platinum through Granger August 1, 2022. I should get the Military Rebate ($500) and 2.9% for 60 months. My truck has been waiting to be shipped since November 22. Granger and Ford both say if I don't take delivery by Jan 3, 2023 the incentives will have expired. That is pure BS, my truck is waiting for shipment, I can't get it it they don't ship it. Sure, MSRP is just over$78,000, my price is just over $70,000 before incentives. I'm not sure what I will do if Ford doesn't deliver in time for me to make the trip from Kansas to Granger since this is the last week for shipping, delivery, dealer prep, and my taking possession. Maybe I'll save $70,000 and go with something else. It's a hell of a way to run a business. The incentives guaranteed at order, should be good if the shipping delays are on Ford. It's easy to offer great discounts if they place time limits, and they don't make it possible for those time limits to apply. Just saying.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Problem is, people seem to be paying whatever they are asking. Up here in canada anyway.

I got mine for 4k off MSRP and that was just a year end deal.

They had more trucks with "sold" on them than they had available. Its crazy. I think it's their "low" interest rate offering of 1.49% maybe

Can you tell me what you're referring to here? My 501A lariat came with no sirius XM
I thought only xlt and down got Sirius removed and lariats all had sirius still ?

Sponsored

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
I don't know if prices will ever go down, or if quality will go back up. I ordered my Platinum through Granger August 1, 2022. I should get the Military Rebate ($500) and 2.9% for 60 months. My truck has been waiting to be shipped since November 22. Granger and Ford both say if I don't take delivery by Jan 3, 2023 the incentives will have expired. That is pure BS, my truck is waiting for shipment, I can't get it it they don't ship it. Sure, MSRP is just over$78,000, my price is just over $70,000 before incentives. I'm not sure what I will do if Ford doesn't deliver in time for me to make the trip from Kansas to Granger since this is the last week for shipping, delivery, dealer prep, and my taking possession. Maybe I'll save $70,000 and go with something else. It's a hell of a way to run a business. The incentives guaranteed at order, should be good if the shipping delays are on Ford. It's easy to offer great discounts if they place time limits, and they don't make it possible for those time limits to apply. Just saying.
I was told they lock in at order or delivery - pick the better if the options. I have not heard that the lock at order automatically expire on 1/3. Not sure that would make much sense - lock incentives at order but only if delivery, beyond a customers control is by a date certain. I think the military one expires on 1/3 but they tend to renew that when it expires.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Pricing is pretty much as the whim of the dealer. I paid $5,000 over MSRP and the dealer profit was likely $15,000 on the sale. Pickups are by far the most profitable vehicles sold by dealers.

There is an unlevel playing field and there are several things that can minimize the disadvantages of the buyer. One is to keep it a cash deal without a trade-in vehicle. The other is to look for trucks that have been sitting on a dealer's lot for a long period of time. Dealers paying a flooring fee to the finance company and after the 1st of the month they are charged for a full month even if the truck is sold in the first week of the following month. For this reason a truck they can sell the last few days of a month is worth more to then than a truck sale in the first two weeks of the month.

Dealers new inventory shipments are based on their volume in a prior period and so a truck sold in 2022 will probably help their 2023 allocations which is critical to a dealer's profit. I would start at dealer invoice and realize that with the various "rebates' the dealer is not paying more than the invoiced amount less $5,000 on most pickups. If it was me I would offer $1,000 over dealer invoice and know they are making a very good profit at this number.

They will want to offer financing or charge for "paint sealer", underbody "sealer", and VIN etching on the windows and other things that you will want to decline after you have their initial price quote.

It helps to go to the dealer 2 hours before closing. This puts more time pressure on them to seal the deal before they close down. Also a good idea to insist on dealing face to face with the decision maker at that time which may be the finance person or the sales manager or the GM. Otherwise the sales person is relaying information and this is a stall tactic (which is also why goind in 2 hours before closing helps with your negotiating.) If you have a spouse they should go as well and be the "wet blanket" during the negotiating. They can mention that is very expensive and the Ram rode better and so forth.

Good luck

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
I was told they lock in at order or delivery - pick the better if the options. I have not heard that the lock at order automatically expire on 1/3. Not sure that would make much sense - lock incentives at order but only if delivery, beyond a customers control is by a date certain. I think the military one expires on 1/3 but they tend to renew that when it expires.
I was also told about the lock in, but I called Ford and there is a take delivery by date. Of course Ford says to talk with the dealer and see if we can somehow get the paper work in before the 3rd of Jan. I'm not sure if I like the idea of paying 70 grand for a truck I haven't seen yet. I would think they would have to honor the incentives, as I have zero control on their shipping stuff. Guess time will tell, I actually just called Ford again, and they said it's still waiting, but could be at the dealer by the 29th. Yea, and I'm sure the dealer will work over the holiday weekend to make sure it's ready for me to catch a bus to Granger. Miracles have and do happen, so we will see.

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
I was also told about the lock in, but I called Ford and there is a take delivery by date. Of course Ford says to talk with the dealer and see if we can somehow get the paper work in before the 3rd of Jan. I'm not sure if I like the idea of paying 70 grand for a truck I haven't seen yet. I would think they would have to honor the incentives, as I have zero control on their shipping stuff. Guess time will tell, I actually just called Ford again, and they said it's still waiting, but could be at the dealer by the 29th. Yea, and I'm sure the dealer will work over the holiday weekend to make sure it's ready for me to catch a bus to Granger. Miracles have and do happen, so we will see.
I’ve also read that people who ordered a 2022 last year are still getting the 0 percent they locked in. The fine print on the apr deal I ordered with did not have a take delivery date. Guess we shall see.
Sponsored