• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Allocation

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
this is also the first EV capable of carrying five people and their luggage. 7 years ago I was looking at the XC90, the model X, and the GL350. The only one that existed when I needed a vehicle was the GL, and I've loved the mileage of the diesel so far, but I still want something electric. Hopefully this will also eventually lead to electric expeditions/explorers.
The ford explorer EV is already underway and due out in 2023 if it stays on target. It might beat the GM Silverado EV to market, who knows. Once out, it will likely cannibalize some of the f150 EV sales. What I really want right now is basically a medium/large utility EV. Either would do, though I lean towards the F150 at the moment. The Explorer is being built next to the Mache E in Mexico, so it might affect future federal rebate levels.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The ford explorer EV is already underway and due out in 2023 if it stays on target. It might beat the GM Silverado EV to market, who knows. Once out, it will likely cannibalize some of the f150 EV sales. What I really want right now is basically a medium/large utility EV. Either would do, though I lean towards the F150 at the moment. The Explorer is being built next to the Mache E in Mexico, so it might affect future federal rebate levels.
E-Explorer was delayed until 2025ish. Was also moved from Mexico to increase Mach-E production. It will probably be produced at OHAP after Ford stops building Edge and retool for electric vehicles.

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
E-Explorer was delayed until 2025ish. Was also moved from Mexico to increase Mach-E production. It will probably be produced at OHAP after Ford stops building Edge and retool for electric vehicles.
This!! And you can bet that that it will be limited units to start….!
People just need to calm down, by the looks of it the Lightning will be worth a pretty penny in the used market.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm not sure where to put this info but a thread called "Dealer Allocation" should be as any...

I went to my dealer yesterday and chatted with the sales guy about where I am in the process, he showed me their internal list of reservations. It looks like they've had 7 invites so far and I'm next in line. Interesting to note, it looked like only ~3 people had actually ordered. I can't confirm this 100% because I don't know how their system works but it was clear that the default in the "model" in their system is "XLT Agate Black", this description was listed next to virtually every reservation. Of the people who had an invite I believe there were two that said "Platinum" and one said "Pro - Extended Reservation". The rest still said "XLT Agate Black", I'm speculating this means they didn't order.

Other info, all of the orders so far appeared to be first day reservations. I didn't get to spend much time looking at the screen but it looked like they had at least 20 first day reservations. The list header said there were 183 reservations.

Disclaimer: This is all speculation based on what I saw listed on the screen. I have no idea if the any of the information here means what I've speculated.

The sales guy didn't seem to know much about the whole thing. Sounds like they hadn't done any orders at the dealership, probably all done online. He didn't know that the Pros were already sold out.

I *did* forget to ask about ADM, I'll have to call back to ask. ETA: Dealer confirmed no ADM. (y)

Last edited:

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Last night, Tim Bartz of Long McArthur Ford in Salina KS, said they were allocated two, yes two, Lightnings for this year.
I put in an inquiry with my dealer. I know I am high on the priority list but I might not be high enough.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
My small dealer thinks that my Wave 2 order may be the only customer ordered Lightning he receives. He is also expecting one mannequin and one Rental Lightning so that would make three total.

If production is only 15,000 Lightnings for 2021 then nearly 1/3 of them may be mannequin/rental units.

saady

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientists
My dealership in Richmond VA received "1" in wave 1 and "0" in Wave 2

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
My dealer in California had 1 in the first wave, and 4 in the second wave. I am number 8 on their list, so I hope to be in the third wave in less than a week!

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Just got an update from my dealer -- their total MY22 allocation is 2 trucks. I'm fifth in line. Mid-sized dealer in a healthy truck market area. But alas Virginia is not ZEV until MY25.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My dealer in California had 1 in the first wave, and 4 in the second wave. I am number 8 on their list, so I hope to be in the third wave in less than a week!
i’m in a similar position. If the reservation system can be trusted i should be next in line. I just hope they are spacing out allocations somewhat evenly. It would really suck for my dealer to get 7 allocations in the first two waves then i sit there waiting only to find out those were all of their allocations.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
My Nor CA dealer claims they are receiving 10 for MY2022.

I am 8th on the list out of 150+

They had 0 in Wave 1

They had 3 in Wave 2

We will see how wave 3 plays out on Thursday.
Sponsored