Sponsored

Dead Battery and locks won’t work

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Doing the same B4 my truck arrives
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
For KBKEITH and Luis, are you all’s trucks PowerBoost models, if not what other engine?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
For KBKEITH and Luis, are you all’s trucks PowerBoost models, if not what other engine?
I believe @KBKEITH has a 2.7EB.

On a related thought, I would hope that with a PowerBoost you'd never be in a situation with a dead battery... You've got a big-ass hybrid battery on board to assist if needed for a start. Assuming all other systems are "normal", and in fact the PB provides this benefit.

Can anyone confirm?

Sponsored

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
I got this as a gift. Anyone have experience with the jump start or air compressor feature of this device?
Ford F-150 Dead Battery and locks won’t work 1611588379115

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I have a NOCO Boost as well that I’ll keep in the truck. However, you all shouldn’t have to be jump starting a three week (if that) old truck.
Exactly. At the time it happened it was a month old. Imagine my surprise when my truck was absolutely dead. Just a tad annoying.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I believe @KBKEITH has a 2.7EB.

On a related thought, I would hope that with a PowerBoost you'd never be in a situation with a dead battery... You've got a big-ass hybrid battery on board to assist if needed for a start. Assuming all other systems are "normal", and in fact the PB provides this benefit.

Can anyone confirm?
Some manufacturers link the batteries in this way. Some don't. Not sure if the PB will do this or not.

Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
2 FYI things...
#1 I did read that if the truck is doing an "over the air" update that the truck will ignore lock commands and refuse to start. (I am not saying that this is the problem) but be aware.

#2 Last night I had my key fob in the truck (has not been a problem) and I opened the hood and checked checked fluids... I shut the hood and all my outside lights turned on. Headlights and parking lights... I waited.... and I waited... and I waited... they did not shut off.... I physically turned the headlight switch from AUTO to OFF and to AUTO again... all seemed fine.... WEIRD... (would my battery have gone dead?)

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
2 FYI things...
#1 I did read that if the truck is doing an "over the air" update that the truck will ignore lock commands and refuse to start. (I am not saying that this is the problem) but be aware.

#2 Last night I had my key fob in the truck (has not been a problem) and I opened the hood and checked checked fluids... I shut the hood and all my outside lights turned on. Headlights and parking lights... I waited.... and I waited... and I waited... they did not shut off.... I physically turned the headlight switch from AUTO to OFF and to AUTO again... all seemed fine.... WEIRD... (would my battery have gone dead?)
Thanks good info

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I called the dealership and they told me that they can see that my battery still has low voltage. I scheduled an appointment and I will let you guys know what they tell me.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I called the dealership and they told me that they can see that my battery still has low voltage. I scheduled an appointment and I will let you guys know what they tell me.
I’ll have the 3.5 too (someday.....) I’ll have to be on the lookout for this.
Sponsored