Sponsored

Dead Battery and locks won’t work

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Picked up my KR yesterday, this morning it was dead as a door nail. Spoke to service and they told me my truck came in with a dead battery and they put a new battery in, but never checked for any parasitic drain. I put a 10A charge on it for around 10 min and it started right up. I'm going to see if it happens again tomorrow AM. It only showed a single fault with the emergency brake which I was told is usual when the battery dies that you get multiple module errors.
Thats not good to hear. I just got mine back from the dealer yesterday and they replaced the battery in it. So far so good. But it will likely sit in the garage a few days since it is only driven on the weekends so we shall see if it drains down.
Sponsored

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely. It was your thread that persuaded me to get one. Thank you!
Day two, truck dead again. Strange noises, horn going off randomly, attempted theft message, emergency light flashing. I have to open with the key from the fob. I put the charger on it and after a few minutes things start to come alive, mirrors open, running boards come down and then I can start it normally. I get a low battery warning, but that's it?

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Day two, truck dead again. Strange noises, horn going off randomly, attempted theft message, emergency light flashing. I have to open with the key from the fob. I put the charger on it and after a few minutes things start to come alive, mirrors open, running boards come down and then I can start it normally. I get a low battery warning, but that's it?
I found that the replacement battery I got from the dealer wasn't fully charged. I had to put it on my smart charger (agm mode) for about a day. Its been sitting in the garage for 5 days without issues.

Have the dealer run a module sleeping test to make sure they all go to sleep.

Also, when I was doing my drain testing 2 weeks ago on the new battery, I was leaving the hood open which I think was preventing the truck from fully "sleeping."

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Yeah man, that’s really weird. Your dealer is definitely going to have to address that PDQ. You can’t be dealing with that crap for another day.

My battery has been behaving since it died on 1/4; we are also in the single digits temperature wise. The difference now is that I’m driving it mostly every day. I’m afraid though, if I leave it parked for more than two days, it will be dead again.

Sponsored

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Yeah man, that’s really weird. Your dealer is definitely going to have to address that PDQ. You can’t be dealing with that crap for another day.

My battery has been behaving since it died on 1/4; we are also in the single digits temperature wise. The difference now is that I’m driving it mostly every day. I’m afraid though, if I leave it parked for more than two days, it will be dead again.
Truck has been at the dealer for two days. Parasitic drain of 3A! Everytime they make a change it takes 75mins to redo the module sleep test. I just informed the service advisor about the FSA 21B07 & B08. I have tow mirrors FWIW. They will likely flash the tow module and rerun the sleep test today even though my vin# was not included on the FSA. They have been working with Ford's hotline on this issue, but obviously they are stumped. They have replaced the battery multiple times with AGM batteries. I was told that there is also an additional battery under the passenger seat. Can't be very big.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck has been at the dealer for two days. Parasitic drain of 3A! Everytime they make a change it takes 75mins to redo the module sleep test. I just informed the service advisor about the FSA 21B07 & B08. I have tow mirrors FWIW. They will likely flash the tow module and rerun the sleep test today even though my vin# was not included on the FSA. They have been working with Ford's hotline on this issue, but obviously they are stumped. They have replaced the battery multiple times with AGM batteries. I was told that there is also an additional battery under the passenger seat. Can't be very big.
Wow, what a drag. I certainly hope they can figure this out for you.
Is yours a PowerBoost?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, well after over a month of my battery behaving since it first died it has happened again. Last time I drove it was back from work on Friday. It sat all day Saturday and this Sunday morning it’s completely dead.

It’s now hooked to my NOCO charger. I also have my NOCO jump starter, but I didn’t need to drive it immediately.

Tomorrow I call the dealer - again. Changing batteries is not the answer as some of you guys are still getting dead batteries even though your battery was replaced.

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost 3.5L
Add me to the list. I’m new here and I bought my truck off the lot on January 23rd. On February 10th, I attempted to start the vehicle and it went haywire showing parking brake fault and other faults.

Battery test showed around 9 volts. I charged the battery and all was well but have been attempting to debug this, trying to ensure I wasn’t doing something wrong or leaving something on to cause the drain.

I came across this forum after I searched for FSA 21B08 related to the “heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module (ITRM) reflash”.

I will be scheduling the service ASAP to see if this resolves the issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Ok, well after over a month of my battery behaving since it first died it has happened again. Last time I drove it was back from work on Friday. It sat all day Saturday and this Sunday morning it’s completely dead.

It’s now hooked to my NOCO charger. I also have my NOCO jump starter, but I didn’t need to drive it immediately.

Tomorrow I call the dealer - again. Changing batteries is not the answer as some of you guys are still getting dead batteries even though your battery was replaced.
Maybe the integrated trailer brake fix will address the battery drain. Please post what the dealer does.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
I’ve got a 4 bank battery tender in my garage, Raptor & toys plugged in all the time. sounds like I’ll be keeping the KR on it too haha

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe the integrated trailer brake fix will address the battery drain. Please post what the dealer does.
I sure hope so. I’m a patient person but that patience is starting to get thin.

ETA: my battery was so dead that I had to use the boost override on my NOCO unit to jump start my truck.

Last edited:

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I sure hope so. I’m a patient person but that patience is starting to get thin.

ETA: my battery was so dead that I had to use the boost override on my NOCO unit to jump start my truck.
Good thing I bought that NOCO jump starter. My replacement battery is working well so far, but sounds like I shouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good thing I bought that NOCO jump starter. My replacement battery is working well so far, but sounds like I shouldn't be surprised if it happens again.
You and me both. So glad I bought that jump starter, otherwise I would have needed to call roadside assistance again.

After I jumped it, I took it out for a 30 minute drive, and after I got home I hooked up my NOCO battery charger. After a couple of hours it showed it was at 100% charge. I measured the voltage with my multimeter which showed 13.08V.
I’ll check it tomorrow, but I’m sure it won’t be at 13V.
Sponsored