Dead Battery and locks won’t work

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just got a NOCO GB70, I'm looking for someone with a dead battery to try it out...:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
I just got a NOCO GB70, I'm looking for someone with a dead battery to try it out...:ROFLMAO:
Just wondering with all these trucks sitting in the lots after production there must be problems starting them to get on the trucks or rail cars if the batteries are bad.

Flynscotsman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Self employed
My 2021 F150 King ranch was dead as a door nail this morning, we had the freezing temps in San Antonio all week so Wednesday I went out to brush of snow and started truck, then again on Thursday to go fill up with fuel and this morning Sunday it was dead, voltage on battery shows 4 volts. Having it towed to Ford in the morning

Flynscotsman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Self employed
So tonight when I went to start my truck it wouldn’t start. I called roadside assistance and they jump started my truck and now it turns on but door locks won’t work. I wonder if anyone else has had these issues. I’m going to Ford first thing on Monday morning
your in for more issues, take truck back to dealer and be prepared. I have under 300 miles on my 21 - F150 king ranch, it was dead as a door nail on Sunday after the deep freeze we had in Texas, they had to tow into Ford dealer and today one week later I learned the part needed is back ordered for 3 weeks. So I demanded a loaner truck and they tell me it’s covered but I have to pay the taxes.
I had a feeling about this truck being chalk full of new technology and now it’s parked at the dealer for minimum 4 weeks, I’m older and smarter now and Ford is in for a rude awakening if they think this is going to cost me one penny.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
your in for more issues, take truck back to dealer and be prepared. I have under 300 miles on my 21 - F150 king ranch, it was dead as a door nail on Sunday after the deep freeze we had in Texas, they had to tow into Ford dealer and today one week later I learned the part needed is back ordered for 3 weeks. So I demanded a loaner truck and they tell me it’s covered but I have to pay the taxes.
I had a feeling about this truck being chalk full of new technology and now it’s parked at the dealer for minimum 4 weeks, I’m older and smarter now and Ford is in for a rude awakening if they think this is going to cost me one penny.
Mine didn’t die again. It’s working great. My battery was replaced. I think this update will help a lot of us.

Ford F-150 Dead Battery and locks won’t work 213D0B5A-767A-40B3-87A1-CFF5FDF1A82F

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
What part is wrong with your truck?

SrupidusernameB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 king ranch
Had my king ranch for 2 weeks and it's dead as a doornail. Jump starting it tomorrow and driving 2 hours to the nearest dealership for a new battery.

Hope this solves the issue but it doesn't sound like it will.

Should have kept my 15 xlt. Never had any issues with that truck.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
My truck has been sitting for 2 days now with zone lighting turned off. 12.11V/39SOC and dropping since yesterday. I'm guessing I will be down into 11Volts by tomorrow and near 10 by Friday.

So it seems that my issue isn't related to the zone lighting issue. I think Ford is grasping for the cause still.

Flynscotsman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Self employed
What part is wrong with your truck?
It’s been a couple weeks now so I forget what it was exactly but some module in the tailgate. I don’t have a lot of confidence yet, since the factories are closed I still have to wait a minimum two more weeks before they get the part then I’m afraid to drive it out of town knowing full well I’ll be in west Texas out in the middle Of nowhere and it will be dead again. To top things off I demanded a loaner so they give me a POS dodge truck and charge me $36 a day for taxes and fees. I called corporate and they corrected but then dealer called me to bring truck back so they could give me a Ford, that was three days ago.

Sponsored

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 King Ranch
Occupation
Maintenance supervisor
HI dead battery on my KR todays and it was not because of the weather only 23000km on it was parked for a day, and then no start had to boost with wife car ( I will hear her about that for a year at minimum) will drive directly to dealer in the morning and let you know what they will says,,

Derek83

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 SCREW Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
HI dead battery on my KR todays and it was not because of the weather only 23000km on it was parked for a day, and then no start had to boost with wife car ( I will hear her about that for a year at minimum) will drive directly to dealer in the morning and let you know what they will says,,
Interesting, i have had my lariat for a year now with 27000km on it. Drove 2 hours to my parents place this weekend, parked, left it unlocked, went to start next day, completely dead. Boosted, drove it back for 2 hours and no other problems. I'm curious though i left the doors unlocked, which i never do, and it was 80kmh winds all day and night. With all the proximity sensors on these things, i wonder if one of those was causing the draw due to the wind. I know lights and electronics have a time out for the battery saver function, but what about all the sensors working in the back ground?

Rm21f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My truck has been sitting for 2 days now with zone lighting turned off. 12.11V/39SOC and dropping since yesterday. I'm guessing I will be down into 11Volts by tomorrow and near 10 by Friday.

So it seems that my issue isn't related to the zone lighting issue. I think Ford is grasping for the cause still.
cakryg did your issue ever get corrected?
I have a 2021 in the shop for the 3rd time. They can't figure it out. They have said every time that the battery was not the issue. Just ordered the NOCO jump start. Hope to hear from the dealer Monday afternoon. Hopefully with a solution.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
cakryg did your issue ever get corrected?
I have a 2021 in the shop for the 3rd time. They can't figure it out. They have said every time that the battery was not the issue. Just ordered the NOCO jump start. Hope to hear from the dealer Monday afternoon. Hopefully with a solution.
I haven't had an issue since the battery replacement and the trailer module update. But I always carry a jump pack just in case. I hope you get satisfaction from the dealer.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I haven't had an issue since the battery replacement and the trailer module update. But I always carry a jump pack just in case. I hope you get satisfaction from the dealer.
I just had my battery replaced for the second time. The first time was right after I bought it in Feb of 21. Now again. Both times, two different dealers say the battery had a bad cell and there was no draw that they detected while the truck sat. Now I carry a NOCO all the time
Sponsored