Dead Battery and locks won’t work

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
So tonight when I went to start my truck it wouldn’t start. I called roadside assistance and they jump started my truck and now it turns on but door locks won’t work. I wonder if anyone else has had these issues. I’m going to Ford first thing on Monday morning
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Did you try to use your key fob in the hidden slot in your cupholder....underneath the removable rubbery coaster?

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Did you try to use your key fob in the hidden slot in your cupholder....underneath the removable rubbery coaster?
Yup I tried that with both keys and nothing. Doors won’t lock. Everything else seems to work. It makes the noise but won’t lock.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Woke up this morning and everything is working properly now. :unsure:
That’s almost as frustrating as it still not working...I hope it was a one time issue.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I had the very same thing happen on Monday, January 4th. I hadn’t driven my truck for four days. I went to open my truck to go to work and my battery was completely dead. Nothing worked. I had to use the key hidden in the FOB to open the door. I called RA and they gave me a jump. Then a bunch of error codes.

I called the dealer and they said bring it in immediately. They hooked it to a charger for about 1/2 hour and I was on my way.

That night when I got home I charged my battery overnight and to this day there has not been an issue.

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I had the very same thing happen on Monday, January 4th. I hadn’t driven my truck for four days. I went to open my truck to go to work and my battery was completely dead. Nothing worked. I had to use the key hidden in the FOB to open the door. I called RA and they gave me a jump. Then a bunch of error codes.

I called the dealer and they said bring it in immediately. They hooked it to a charger for about 1/2 hour and I was on my way.

That night when I got home I charged my battery overnight and to this day there has not been an issue.
I’m glad it hasn’t happened again for you. I’m going to call tomorrow morning to see if they want me to bring it in immediately too. I hope this issue doesn’t happen again for us. Did they tell you what caused it?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m glad it hasn’t happened again for you. I’m going to call tomorrow morning to see if they want me to bring it in immediately too. I hope this issue doesn’t happen again for us. Did they tell you what caused it?
They really couldn’t explain other than to suggest it was probably caused by something that I did. :cautious:

I contend that there really isn’t anything on these trucks that you can “leave on”. Everything turns off on its own automatically.

Best of luck with your situation. Please report back once you’ve been to the dealer. ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
They really enjoy couldn’t explain other than to suggest it was probably caused by something that I did. :cautious:

I contend that there really isn’t anything on these trucks that you can “leave on”. Everything turns off on its own automatically.

Best of luck with your situation. Please report back once you’ve been to the dealer. ??
I while thanks. I’ll let you know if I get a better reason why it happened

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I while thanks. I’ll let you know if I get a better reason why it happened
Oh, I can also add that the night before I did receive a notification from FordPass that my truck was entering “deep sleep mode”. I guess once that happens there’s not much you can do to wake it up except to give it a jump. LOL.

OP
OP
LuisCarrillo91

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Oh, I can also add that the night before I did receive a notification from FordPass that my truck was entering “deep sleep mode”. I guess once that happens there’s not much you can do to wake it up except to give it a jump. LOL.
Lol, Interesting the same happened to me.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Please post -the dealership soultion in getting your locks back up and running. I'm interested to know if Ford has sometime of saftey circuit build in when the battery goes dead and then having to reprogram the locks somehow.

I guess - I'm going to invest (always wanted one) in a battery tester, that will test vehicle cranking & testing of the battery ex: such as regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, GEL and deep cycle batteries, by placing a load on it and conducting a CCA test against the rated battery CCA etc. along with charging system.. Test - before leave the dealership lot.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please post -the dealership soultion in getting your locks back up and running. I'm interested to know if Ford has sometime of saftey circuit build in when the battery goes dead and then having to reprogram the locks somehow.

I guess - I'm going to invest (always wanted one) in a battery tester, that will test vehicle cranking & testing of the battery ex: such as regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, GEL and deep cycle batteries, by placing a load on it and conducting a CCA test against the rated battery CCA etc. along with charging system.. Test - before leave the dealership lot.
After my incident I invested in a NOCO Boost XL jump starter.
Sponsored