Dead Battery after 6 Days

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Drove my truck last Saturday and Parked it, didn't drive it during the week, I checked it on Wednesday on the ford pass app and it said the truck was in deep sleep mode, I thought no big deal, my 2019 F150 used to do this but normally after 3-4 weeks of no driving and the battery was always fine.

Went out this morning (Friday) to start it and battery was dead, I have a 1500 amp noco that I use at work and it wouldn't turn it over, I have a battery charger thats made for Optima Batteries and it has an AGM charging mode, after about 15 minutes the display said that it couldn't charge the battery, I borrowed my neighbors jump pac that he uses to jump the diesel in his motorhome and it would not turn the engine over.

The battery is less than 2 volts (I don't think the battery is shorted) Im going to have to put a battery in it to get it to the dealership
Truck has 500 miles on it
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know its documented I've followed it, just didn't realize it actually destroyed the battery.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know its documented I've followed it, just didn't realize it actually destroyed the battery.
I know several of us have had our batteries replaced. No doubt they will replace yours.
I’m still not convinced my issue has been fixed. :cautious:

OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know several of us have had our batteries replaced. No doubt they will replace yours.
I’m still not convinced my issue has been fixed. :cautious:
Were you able to jump your truck to start it?

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Were you able to jump your truck to start it?
Both times that my battery died it was able to take a jump. Last time I had to use the force mode on my NOCO, so it must have been pretty low on voltage. Hopefully with yours it’s a matter of a bad battery and not a vampire.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Call up Fords roadside assistance and have them start it up.

Rkh51

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
What model are this battery issues common to?

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I bought my Lariat from dealer stock on Feb 17th and mentioned /asked everyone there about a story I heard regarding this draining problem and they all acted like I was talking about UFO's or something. I had thought that this issue had since been diagnosed and fixed, so I'm amazed to see that this is an issue still? Didn't ford fix it and put out this software update yet? Shocked to see you guys talking about this with yesterday's date....what is the scoop with the software update if it is still an issue as of today?

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bought my Lariat from dealer stock on Feb 17th and mentioned /asked everyone there about a story I heard regarding this draining problem and they all acted like I was talking about UFO's or something. I had thought that this issue had since been diagnosed and fixed, so I'm amazed to see that this is an issue still? Didn't ford fix it and put out this software update yet? Shocked to see you guys talking about this with yesterday's date....what is the scoop with the software update if it is still an issue as of today?
I honestly don’t know if there has been a definitive fix for the battery drain issue that some of us have experienced. I know the zone lighting was a possible cause and that was supposed to be rectified by the OTA update that some have already received. I haven’t received the update yet. Meanwhile, I make sure my zone lighting is switched off on the app and also within SYNC 4.

There was also a TSB or two that was supposed to address possible sources of battery drain, but I honestly don’t know if those solved the issue for the long term.

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
I had this happen do to zone lighting I believe, make sure your doors are all shut tight and after you lock no lights on and mirrors fold
Sponsored