Sponsored

Day 1 weird issue - Tweeter speaker continuously clicks.

fcadena72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
I picked up my brand new Platinum Hybrid this morning (less than 20 miles in odometer) and I was super pumped. First quick interior inspection everything looked great. The salesperson went to fill-up the gas and when he came back, the truck now had a clicking noise coming out of the right side twitter (the salesperson mentioned he did not notice it while driving it).

The clicking noise is similar to the noise made when calibrating a home stereo and the receiver is trying to figure out how far the speaker is. The clicking will continue as long as the truck's power is on. Because it was a Saturday, their service department had already left so we disconnected the battery to see if something needed "reset". The sound stopped, but as soon as it was reconnected, it started making the clicking sound again. It doesn't matter if the radio or engine is off, the sound will continue. It will only stop if disconnecting the battery, or when the truck goes to "sleep". As soon as I get the keyfob close to the vehicle, the clicking resumes. They asked me to come back on Monday to take a look at it. Has anyone experienced this issue? I am attaching a video with this weird issue (clicking noise is a lot louder than what the video picked up).
Sponsored

Attachments

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Mine has done that one time after about a month ownership. Kept clicking even with key off. Stopped by the next time I hit in. Hopefully it doesn’t come back!

edukador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 5.0
Does anyone have any updates in regards to this issue? 2 months into ownership and having this exact issue. Would think the clicking sound would have shown up earlier if it was a crimped wire!

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Mine has done it one other time and stopped on its own next time I drove it.

Chaser888

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 SuperCrew
I'm having the same issue, with the same tweeter on my Lariat '21 with the B&O Unleashed speakers. One slight difference for me.....when I reset the truck like you described, by removing negative battery terminal for 30 seconds or so it does stop. However, the issue randomly will start again. I haven't noticed any patterns leading up to it, except it always happens when I start the truck, never starts while driving it. Popping will continue continuously until I do the reset again. I have 6K miles on it, and I have done this reset 8-10 times so far. I don't think I have a pinched wire, since a truck reset wouldn't fix a crossed wire, that issue would cause constant popping. I fear that it could be my amp or head unit. Any suggestions for the dealership would be great!

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Have you checked the fuse box mentioned in another thread?

Sponsored

Chaser888

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This issue has resurfaced for me after a few months. The fuses were loose in the seating, which is how I fixed it before, but I checked the fuses again and they are all tight. The only way I can get it to stop is by taking the negative terminal off the battery. The ford dealership is opening up a "task case" with Ford. Any suggestions for me/the dealer?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This issue has resurfaced for me after a few months. The fuses were loose in the seating, which is how I fixed it before, but I checked the fuses again and they are all tight. The only way I can get it to stop is by taking the negative terminal off the battery. The ford dealership is opening up a "task case" with Ford. Any suggestions for me/the dealer?
Hey, Chaser888! I would like to like to into this popping concern you’re experiencing with your F-150. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

relworg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
2 month old 2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost just started doing this last night as well. Local service department is > 30 days out.

Did anybody else have other resolutions they saw?

Chaser888

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet. My truck has a ticket with Ford opened up and they are investigating. Ticking for me starts and stops randomly. before it was only when starting the truck, and then it wouldn’t stop until I pulled the negative terminal off the battery. However now it will tick, starting and stopping randomly. I read on another thread that there are some wires that have been known to be crossed in the A pillar. My issue is coming from the right front Tweeter. The wire crossing doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for my issue, since it would be ticking all the time, not just some of the time, but I suppose it could be aggravated by going over bumps. I have a Appointment scheduled for the last week of April, with a specialized Ford tech. I will let you know what the outcome is

relworg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Pulled a number of fuses with intermittent success. Eventually pulled the negative terminal and it went away for a day. Now it's back again but not amplified, you have to be right up to the speaker to hear it.
Sponsored