First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician
Looks Like you used fuse 2 (delayed accessory) and fuse 37 (driver assistance) can you confirm and which was always on? I’m getting ready to do this exact thing with my rexing 4k front/rear combo. Thanks in advance, looks good!
So I'm actually using fuse 2 (delayed accessory) and fuse 35 (400W inverter). I have my dashcam wired through Blackboxmycar's now discontinued Bi-750 battery pack. This battery only requires 2 accessory fuses to connect thus I don't have a constant power wire. My M3 also has a similar setup using just one accessory fuse with the Celllink Neo setup.

I chose to use battery packs instead of constant vehicle power because of battery discharge issues I've had with my M3 even with the voltage protection of the dashcam. Better to spend a little more in my case now than a lot more later, IMHO. The lithium battery for the M3 runs $1200 and requires programming by the dealership if replaced.
Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I'm looking for a dash camera that captures the front and the interior. I need the interior camera angle to be adjustable, so I can go from pointing at the cabin to the driver's door. Heck, if the interior angle is wide enough to capture the entire interior (cabin and driver side door) I'll take it. Any suggestions?

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
I'm looking for a dash camera that captures the front and the interior. I need the interior camera angle to be adjustable, so I can go from pointing at the cabin to the driver's door. Heck, if the interior angle is wide enough to capture the entire interior (cabin and driver side door) I'll take it. Any suggestions?
Auditor?

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
@succeed23 I am also looking to upgrade dash cam when new truck arrives. I've been running one since 2014 and it has come in handy a couple times. This one is pricey but I'm zeroing in on this one from VIOFO.

Here is a link to a youtube video showing real world quality.

Here is the link on Amazon. This is a upgraded version compared to video.
https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-Interi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H451JRCM818C90KHQGCF

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
@succeed23 I am also looking to upgrade dash cam when new truck arrives. I've been running one since 2014 and it has come in handy a couple times. This one is pricey but I'm zeroing in on this one from VIOFO.

https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-Interi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H451JRCM818C90KHQGCF

Hope this helps.
My guy! Thanks. I'll check it out.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
HAHAHA - guess not. They are people that record their interaction with the police and check that the police themselves are following the law. Camera's are key..... Look up "audit the auditors" on ytube for context

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

Hope this helps.
I decided to go with the Garmin Dash Cam Tandem. It should arrive by Friday, so I'll let you know what my thoughts are if you're interested.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I decided to go with the Garmin Dash Cam Tandem. It should arrive by Friday, so I'll let you know what my thoughts are if you're interested.
Definitely, still shopping.

Technoskeptic

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XL
I'm also looking for a good dash cam. I just returned a defective Nextbase 322GW to Bestbuy that broke ten days after I bought it.

One of the things I didn't like about it - in addition to the chintzy on/off switch that broke - was the poor (IMO) low light sensitivity and lack of a built-in polarization filter (although I think you can buy as an accessory a polarization filter that attaches to the camera lens). An acquaintance has the model 522GW which has better low light performance and a built-in filter making it much better.

I wish manufacturers would provide some kind of light sensitivity specs. as a basis to compare different products.

Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
For those you that don't want to tape into the fuse OBD will work if your camera uses a mini usb for power

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
I've had a Rexing V1 in mine since about August 2018. I just moved it over to my '21, but it's been pretty good too me and good quality! It has a rear camera, but it's like 480p and not that helpful in NM, since we don't run front plates, but could be useful for maybe proving stuff to your insurance company or police.

Ford F-150 Dash cam options? Screenshot_20210724-171232_Video Player

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I've had a Rexing V1 in mine since about August 2018. I just moved it over to my '21, but it's been pretty good too me and good quality! It has a rear camera, but it's like 480p and not that helpful in NM, since we don't run front plates, but could be useful for maybe proving stuff to your insurance company or police.

Screenshot_20210724-171232_Video Player.jpg
As jamill posted where he is front plates may not be mandatory . So you maybe SOL if the person back out and never shows you their rear plate . That being said that is very unlikely in most scenarios . They need for 4k or at least 1080 is the more you zoom in the less the pixelation and ability to see the plate or even the person. All things being equal most cameras will get the car that struck you and will be good enough for insurance companies or the police if you have the offender . There 3 places where the higher end dual channel (front & rear camera) shine . 1 resolution (4k best) as of now or 1080p. 2 Low light capability ie night driving . The ability to capture plates or color of the car goes down dramatically . Giving reasonable doubt that it was the car that struck you . 3 The ability to transmit that data to the cloud with the unit having its own SIM card . So if some steals the camera or try to disable it which maybe even the police (proof that you didn't break that traffic law) it will upload it to the cloud where you only have access. There are a lot bells and whistles out there and a lot of unnecessary stuff in some opinions. The Walmart $50 set up will work a lot of the time. But think about it you spend $50k on a truck and you worrying about a one time $500 purchase that could change if your paying out or they are . I'm a working stiff like most people out and you and I all spend more than $500 a year more on crap coffee etc . The time delay is a great thought for those of us that have the ability (will be doing thanks;)) other wise if you park for an extended period of time say at work it would be great to catch that person/ plate that did it. Battery issues aside and how you chose to power the thing. Worth while investment it has saved my bacon a couple of time.

Scoof

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Truck Driver

Hope this helps.
As a truck driver myself. I watched this video just one time and I could tell you why that black pickup truck did that to you. But I’ll leave you alone. ?
Sponsored