2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Just installed the A129 Duo over the weekend, I used fuse 3(battery) and 35(accessory). There's also a very nice grounding screw/bolt that's right next to the fusebox.
https://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2020/12/2021-ford-f-150-fuse-panel-diagram.html

There's a few other fuse suggestions in this thread:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/usb-power-ports-near-rear-view-mirror.374/page-3#post-51949
Thats the camera I went with, thanks I’ll probably use the same locations. I don’t have my truck yet so haven’t evaluated it. How do you like that model so far?

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thats the camera I went with, thanks I’ll probably use the same locations. I don’t have my truck yet so haven’t evaluated it. How do you like that model so far?
So far it seems fine, I've hardwired three other dashcams before so I'm pretty used to the process.
I have issues with my phone not staying connected to the Wifi network because the truck keeps trying to force Carplay on; have to turn carplay off before I can reliably connect to the camera.

Maybe I missed something in the box, but the rear camera doesn't really sit nicely in the rear window, with the way the lens has to be only the lower half of the adhesive pad seems to be able to contact the glass. The USB cable on the rear camera end isn't angled either which forces you to mount it lower in the window.
Edit: You have to run the cable for the rear camera through the headliner, it's not long enough to run it along the floor of the truck.

Last edited:

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
You have to run the cable for the rear camera through the headliner, it's not long enough to run it along the floor of the truck.
I have the twin panel moonroof on my truck. I'm wondering if there is enough clearance on the side to route the cable for the rear camera. Do you happen to have the panoramic roof? If so, how did you route the cable?

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the twin panel moonroof on my truck. I'm wondering if there is enough clearance on the side to route the cable for the rear camera. Do you happen to have the panoramic roof? If so, how did you route the cable?
I think someone on the other thread had a markup, but I ran the cable along the front headlner to the passenger door, then under the weatherstripping around the doors all the way to the rear window.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Just installed the A129 Duo over the weekend, I used fuse 3(battery) and 35(accessory). There's also a very nice grounding screw/bolt that's right next to the fusebox.
https://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2020/12/2021-ford-f-150-fuse-panel-diagram.html

There's a few other fuse suggestions in this thread:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/usb-power-ports-near-rear-view-mirror.374/page-3#post-51949

Did you remove the A pillar cover to run the power cord? I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. It was obvious on my 2018.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you remove the A pillar cover to run the power cord? I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. It was obvious on my 2018.
Nope, there was space on mine to force the cable into the gap between the A pillar cover and headliner, the cable sinks automagically behind the cover. Technically you're supposed to remove the cover and route the cable behind the airbag though.

Hamid115

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Automotive Dealer
Hey guys, I think i'm at right place for asking question about my F150. I bought Rough Country seat covers for Ford F150 from amazon but i'm having issue with my seat covers fitting. In short can you guys please suggest me what are the best seat covers for F150?

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I just got the A129 Pro Duo installed... the guy did a fantastic job. He said it was a little bit of a pain because the cables for this camera are so thick. He had to mount the rear camera a little lower on the rear window because the plug comes from the top. Over all, it's a VERY clean install. The cables go up into the plastic cover behind the mirror and around the sunroof to the back and down to the fusebox. If anyone wants photos, I can snap some and post.

Hopefully you got the VIOFO hardwire kit... the battery drain prevention is important is you are going to use the parking modes.
Sponsored

Last edited: