Dangerous B&O sound system issue

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I like where this thread is going. Now the collective could be narrowing in on a way to take matters into their own hands while we must wait on the dealerships and manufacture to properly address the issue.

The same thing happened with the OTA update fiasco and just ONE person on this forum shared his knowledge generously. Then another stepped up to the plate and it took off. Now there are many F150's fixed and completely uptodate where the dealerships and Ford couldn't deliver.

This is my feeble attempt to encourage one or more of you outside the box critical thinkers to keep going. :)
You could be on to something.
Sponsored

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
That’s a great data point and pretty easy to do.

Thanks for sharing!
This will be my new go to if it happens again, i never thought of trying that. Somewhere to start for those of you who've had it happen multiple times, potentially a way to narrow down the source. I like it.

Treatcg

First Name
CT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Got my girlfriend this morning for the second time. She got it on video.

weberqueen

First Name
Emmalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
Occupation
Mom
This just happened to me in our 2022 Expedition. So traumatized but grateful im not alone in this. All my babies were in the car, my ears are still ringing, I pray my toddlers hearing is not permanently damaged. Commenting to get more attention from @fordmotorcompany

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
I had the same kind of issue a few months ago. Started up the truck and hear an extremely load high pitch sound, smell like something is burning inside the cab and no way to stop it. Turning off/on radio didn't help, reset the 12" screen, all the controls were useless. Ended up pulling the fuse for the AMP from the inside fuse block. I let it sit for 10 mins then put the fuse back in and started up the truck and that fix the issue. Another gremlin in my 21 PB Platinum truck. It only did once so for in 9 months.

Sponsored

CTK59

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor
Add me to the list … happened twice. Took delivery June 2022 just turned over 3k miles. 😡

djc0218

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Government
This happened to me a few days ago on the way to work. Terrified me and was extremely loud. Had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. Hate this for everyone, but glad to know it's not just me. It hasn't happened again, but dang was it loud and hard to drive with it happening. @Ford Motor Company , any ideas? 2022 F150 Platinum.
I went to leave Church yesterday, got the start button and the loudest noise started to come from all the speakers. It was deafening! Volume did nothing, turning the audio system did nothing. Hit the start stop button did nothing, opened the door after shutting down finally made it stop. But it would start back each time I started the truck. I drove straight to the dealer 15 minutes down the road. By the time I got there the cab smelled terrible from something electric. I left the truck running while I got a salesperson since service was closed. He said I've never heard anything like that and he couldn't help but to smell the electrical as well. They got me a loaner and are looking at it today. I would love to hear if anyone found out what this it. I'm afraid the truck will burst into flames driving down the road.

djc0218

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Government
I went to leave Church yesterday, got the start button and the loudest noise started to come from all the speakers. It was deafening! Volume did nothing, turning the audio system did nothing. Hit the start stop button did nothing, opened the door after shutting down finally made it stop. But it would start back each time I started the truck. I drove straight to the dealer 15 minutes down the road. By the time I got there the cab smelled terrible from something electric. I left the truck running while I got a salesperson since service was closed. He said I've never heard anything like that and he couldn't help but to smell the electrical as well. They got me a loaner and are looking at it today. I would love to hear if anyone found out what this it. I'm afraid the truck will burst into flames driving down the road.
I forgot to mention that this is a 2022 F150 King Ranch with the B&O system and only 3700 miles.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My dealership isn't open on Sunday.

But thanks for going through the effort for all of us and getting a dealership to at least witness and acknowledge the symptoms.

Eventually one of these technicians is going to identify something that will at least be a hint?

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Hopefully these dealerships witnessing the problem are doing their part and reaching out to Ford. I understand they may not be able to help or fix it on the spot, but this is something that definitely needs their engineers to look into. The more cases the higher priority I would hope, especially giving the nature of the safety issues it may present.

Sponsored

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized F150 / 2021 Aztec Ranger
Occupation
N/A
I've sent a PM to Ford and they responded wanting the VIN and dealership name where it was purchased. Sent them the info and they responded that they would annotate this with the dealership and have it on record. No one has called me from the dealership as of today 8/29.
This is on a 2022 F150 Platinum with 900 miles when it happened to me.

djc0218

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Government
I've sent a PM to Ford and they responded wanting the VIN and dealership name where it was purchased. Sent them the info and they responded that they would annotate this with the dealership and have it on record. No one has called me from the dealership as of today 8/29.
This is on a 2022 F150 Platinum with 900 miles when it happened to me.
Keep us updated.

djc0218

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Government
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
My 2022 F150 King Ranch did the same thing. Here's my description of what happened that I posted here yesterday.

Burton182Boards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor
Add me to the list. 2022 Raptor. Started upy truck, loud high pitch horn then loud static. Turned off the truck and restarted, still the loud static. Changing through the audio sources ended up fixing it.

Woffy2u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 larriat. 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Field service
I have a 2021 PowerBoost with the B&O sound system and about 2500 miles on the truck. A week ago I was driving and decided to turn the audio on. As soon as I hit the screen button for CarPlay the system went crazy and started blaring a horrible sound at full volume. Scared the @#$% out of me. It wouldn't respond to any controls so I pulled over into a parking lot. I figured if I shut the truck off it would at least stop - wrong. I turned the truck off, got out, shut the door, messed with the FOB and no change. I finally got back in and drove the 4-5 miles home with my ears plugged and steering with my knee as much as possible (got some really interesting looks from a few people on the way). When I got home I pulled the battery and it finally stopped after a minute or so. I reconnected the battery and as soon as I opened the door it started again. Disconnected the battery again and this time it took maybe 5 minutes to stop, maybe because of the aux 12V battery in the cab. It was dark out so once it finally stopped I just left it in the driveway. I can't tell you how loud it was - like military crowd control loud. The videos attached show it but I think it overwhelmed the mic on my phone and it doesn't convey it well. My ears were ringing for over two hours after my short drive home.

The next morning I pulled the fuse for the amp and took it to the dealer. They had it this whole past week and were not able to reproduce the problem despite driving it and cycling the sound system on and off many times. I made it very clear that this isn't just a weird problem, it's a serious safety issue. They didn't disagree. I requested that they replace whatever in the system was most likely to be the cause which I assumed would be the amp but who knows. They denied the request and said they couldn't do anything about it, so I just have to pick up the truck today. This really sucks because I don't trust it now. I'll have to keep the fuse panel cover off with some kind of handle attached to the amp fuse in case it does it again. It's not easy to get to and I need a quick stop option if it does it again. I'm also concerned that the speakers got damaged but according to the dealer they are fine. We'll see... This whole thing is just a totally unacceptable situation.

I just wanted to post this to document it in case it's not an isolated incident. The dealer said if it does it again to just pull the amp fuse and not disconnect the battery so they might be able to diagnose it. They think the overnight battery disconnect reset everything which makes sense but it doesn't give me any confidence in the thing going forward.
Had the same.problem with my 2022 B&O unleashed system. Had to pull the battery cable as well.
Sponsored