Sponsored

Dangerous B&O sound system issue

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
mine occasionally will make a loud pop if some one calls me and it goes through sync. its like a loud static POP then goes back to normal
it has to be a program issue that detects incoming calls or???
For me it wasn't, my truck wasn't even started when mine did it. I was getting in the truck to leave.
Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
This Just happened to me yesterday. I have a ’22 F-150 Tremor with the B&O unleashed system in it (purchased it May 5th). Scared me half to death. I pulled over, turned off my truck, and opened/closed the door so everything was off and then restarted it. The horrible noise wouldn’t go away. I then decided to drive the vehicle back home while the speakers were still blaring the awful sound. It was hard to even talk to my wife in the passenger seat over all the noise. I took a video of the incident where you can hear the noise and see that my audio was turned off.

I took it the dealership first thing this morning and they gave me the same racket about not being able to do anything unless they can replicate the problem. I also showed them the video I took of the incident for proof/help in identifying the problem.

To make things worse, I am moving to Canada for work in a few weeks and we are taking the tremor on the 58-hour road trip. In fact, we bought this truck to be a reliable 4-wheel drive vehicle for the snow up there. As the road trip looms over us, I cannot imagine having to make that drive with a sound system that has a mind of its own. Especially with a 90lb lab in the back seat. I wish I had total confidence in my brand new truck, but I currently do not.
Can you put up the video of the sound, I don't think thats been done yet?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
For me it wasn't, my truck wasn't even started when mine did it. I was getting in the truck to leave.
that is not good

thank you

DCrozier17

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Tremor
Can you put up the video of the sound, I don't think thats been done yet?
Here's a clip of the video. The recording doesn't really show how loud it was, but at least it's something. I am also showing that the trucks audio is set to off, but the noise still continues.

I have also found a youtube video showing the same problem:

Sponsored

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
It happened to me once. Had to pull the fuse to make it stop. My issue seems to have been the amp. Had a very loud sound and I couldn't do anything. Tried the hard reset and just found the fuse to the amp and pulled it and waited 5 mins. It hasn't happened again. Just once.

cournech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Same for me. Happened this am and I almost crashed my tuck. 2022 F-150 Platinum Powerboost with the B&O. My ears are still ringing and this is so wildly dangerous. Dealer told me to bring it in a week from now. Not happened. This thing is unsafe and not drivable.

I have video, but it cannot replicate the deafening volume and dangerous pitch. My ears are still ringing and I’m in shock I managed to avoid the curb and not crash the truck.

I’ll let you know what the dealer says but this is crazy. I refused to drive it and will have roadside come get it.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Well this happened to me this morning. Android Auto if that matters. I could not get it to stop! IT WAS SOOOOO LOUD! I turned the truck on and off several times and remembered partially reading this post, so I pulled my back seat down and unplugged the two connectors from the amp. That finally stopped it. Plugged them back in started truck everything was fine.... WTH. I recorded it as well and my ears are still ringing 4 hours later...
Turn down your speakers if they are up!!

I finally pulled this from my phone as others have said the level of volume is crazy deafening!

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Happened to my son today. 2022 lariat unleashed. He was using apple. Glad he didn't get into an accident. I need my truck and can't loose it for days at ford for them to tell me they couldn't duplicate the issue. 2500km truck 3 weeks old!!

dgilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Anyone get any info from Ford on this?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Happened to my son today. 2022 lariat unleashed. He was using apple. Glad he didn't get into an accident. I need my truck and can't loose it for days at ford for them to tell me they couldn't duplicate the issue. 2500km truck 3 weeks old!!
Hi there. This audio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Hi there. This audio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
This my seam silly but how do I PM ford back as I do not see an option here to do so?

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
I still can't believe that Ford doesn't even have a response to this. Seems like there are now several different variations of this issue, more and more people are having this issue, and a lot of people have been able to get it on video. No acknowlement that there is even an issue from Ford. Dealerships can't figure out what's going on because there is apparently no way to replicate it. Other than pulling the AMP fuse (I don't even know if this will work for some of the issues), there's no way to be able to drive these 60k+ trucks and be able to use the sound system safely. What the hell is going on??

Bakes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
This morning when I was leaving the house, as soon as I tried to make a phone call all the speakers started popping. It wasn't deafening but sure wasn't about to drive like that. The weird part is that when i shut the truck off and got out it was still going. The only way i got it to stop was by pulling the battery. In the past i had it make a really loud pop and then i had no audio at all until I pulled the battery cable.
Sponsored