Dangerous B&O sound system issue

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
makes me a little sorry I ordered the B&O UNHINGED system now!! although maybe thats why my truck is built and MIA in Dearborn. I hope thats the reason
They don't all do it. Or at least there's some that haven't done so yet.
I've got a total of 1 year and 8 months with two trucks combined and only experienced a strange single pop on one of them.

But I AM prepared for if/when, admittedly.
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I've got a total of 1 year and 8 months with two trucks combined and only experienced a strange single pop on one of them.

thats good to know, the problem isnt really a deal breaker for me anyway. but I will mark the correct fuse in case of emergency!

dackjob2

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Mine also did it again today. Got in and before I even started it it made a loud bomb going off sound when the digital dash and 12” screen was starting up. Then it was fine.

Sponsored

Travlinham

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
This is what happened to me:
22 Platinum powerboost , 2700 miles.
Upon opening the door a loud gunshot noise followed by the sound of breaking glass. Afterwards no sound, volume knob doesn’t do anything. After a few minutes everything started working.

I am planning to rig an easily accessible switch to bypass fuse28 in case it happens again, has anyone done something similar?

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Mine also did it again today. Got in and before I even started it it made a loud bomb going off sound when the digital dash and 12” screen was starting up. Then it was fine.
It happened twice in one week?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This is what happened to me:
22 Platinum powerboost , 2700 miles.
Upon opening the door a loud gunshot noise followed by the sound of breaking glass. Afterwards no sound, volume knob doesn’t do anything. After a few minutes everything started working.

I am planning to rig an easily accessible switch to bypass fuse28 in case it happens again, has anyone done something similar?
Hello, Roy! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

KTMhauler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 / KTM's 250/350/890R Adv
Occupation
Retired
Count me in as well. I took delivery on November 7 and on this past Wednesday after a day of skiing I too experienced the brief loud pop/static sound followed by immediate loss of audio. I tried turning the truck off and back on several times to no avail. I had to swing by the dealer anyway to pick up my plates so I asked them about this seemingly common issue. One of the guys who was a former service tech told me they have seen this issue on a number of trucks. He said audio will often return on its own, or after disconnecting the neg battery lead, or a master reset - which I didn't want to do at the time. They have also replaced APIM modules. As I was leaving the dealership the audio suddenly returned.

A few other weird issues like when EV Coach is displayed the truck image is now blurred (it wasn't before) and the number of pages I set up to be displayed for Sirius/XM periodically changes from 6 to 2.

Other than that I am really enjoying this truck!

Sponsored

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
I made a rip cord for mine. I attached some strong twine to the fuse and ran it over to the drivers seat. Comes in handy at least once a week.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Out of curiosity, how many Canadian owners have it happen?

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum

I've been silently watching this as well as other threads regarding this issue myself. I have B&O Unleashed in my '22 PowerBoost Platinum with over 20k miles on the truck and several cross-country trips and have never had this issue. Not even once! It's a fact though, we never use the AM/FM nor Satellite radio, only music being played is through wireless CarPlay.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Just had the issue happen to me a second time since buying the truck.

The first was approx at 12000km, now again at 22000km. First time I pulled and put back the fuse... this time I think @Ford Motor Company needs to investigate.

I've got 2 young kids, fortunately they weren't in the car when it happened. Ford - need a solution to prevent this... not just reset it
Sponsored