Sponsored

Cylinder Deactivation- deactivation

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
I’m aware there isn’t a solid solution - yet - for disabling cylinder deactivation.

BUT I wanted to get the genera synopsis from everyone here. When someone finally figures out a legit way to disable it- will you?

do you have any long term concerns with cylinder deactivation given its history with GM?

I had a 5.3 gm with AFM that absolutely drank oil but made it to 200k with no major maintenance.

I love the 5.0 but the cylinder deactivation does make me slightly nervous - especially since Ford is hardly saying anything about it or how it works.
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
If there's anything I learned coming from a hemi is that you need a good oil with high molly. Those guys run Amsoil, PUP, or Redline over there....I changed my oil to PUP at 2,000 mile. Im not worried about it. If you are worried, get your engine oil tested from blackstones every other fill up; you'll know if it's on it's way out.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I can't even tell when cylinder deactivation is enabled... it is that smooth. I will leave it alone and let the engine run as designed unless information becomes available that would change my mind.
Sponsored