• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck Starting to Look Like a Truck

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
I’m sure lots of people will like it. Not me.

Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Its still butt ugly, may a xmas wreath on the grill would help.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Still looks like something the villain would drive in Knight Rider. Pass.
Love this description! Even comes with a Knight Rider like yoke instead of a steering wheel.

That said - put KITT in this thing and I am all in!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I especially like the bus-sized wiper blade.

Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
its hideous for sure but if it offers more range for the price, adios lightning.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
I liked the first version better. Not everyone's cup of tea, but at least it was clear what it was.

Now it feels like they are trying to widen the appeal to the mass market by adding more curves. The result is a confused looking truck.

I think Tesla (aka Elon) was betting that Joe Schmoe in middle America wouldn't be interested in an EV truck, so he went for a different market. Now that the success/excitement for the Lightning has shown different, he's scrambling to keep up.

And it's funny to see people in that thread expect to be getting their CT in June 22. Is that actually realistic?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I liked the first version better. Not everyone's cup of tea, but at least it was clear what it was.

Now it feels like they are trying to widen the appeal to the mass market by adding more curves. The result is a confused looking truck.

I think Tesla (aka Elon) was betting that Joe Schmoe in middle America wouldn't be interested in an EV truck, so he went for a different market. Now that the success/excitement for the Lightning has shown different, he's scrambling to keep up.

And it's funny to see people in that thread expect to be getting their CT in June 22. Is that actually realistic?
As realistic as a $39k Cybertruck.

It’s not appealing to the masses, it’s appealing to regulations. Appealing to the masses would be just scraping this whole project and coming out with a real truck.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
It looks like a toaster. A very expensive toaster, since we know Tesla will only sell the $39k version for ten minutes and it'll be delivered 3-5 years late. And it'll have the fit and finish of an 80s Hyundai.

Where's the knob to set the darkness?

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
It looks like a toaster. A very expensive toaster, since we know Tesla will only sell the $39k version for ten minutes and it'll be delivered 3-5 years late. And it'll have the fit and finish of an 80s Hyundai.

Where's the knob to set the darkness?
We are also still waiting on Tesla to produce a car priced for the masses and not the wealthy. EV cars will never grab market share from ICE until prices are comparable or even lower. They've also got to deal with the bad press of battery manufacturing and mining of lithium from 3rd world countries and impact to the electrical grid. Power companies will have to produce more energy to meet increased demand. Battery prices need to come down. Seems to be a software driven simpler design with no engine, oil, coolant, transmission etc. Yet they are still priced in the luxory segment. At one time regular cab pickup trucks were the cheapest vehicle you could buy. And now were talking 90K for a Lightning Platinum. That's almost what I paid for our first home.
Sponsored