• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck initial production reportedly delayed until early 2023 [Reuters report Jan 13]

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I think it is going to be really funny when the CT is built in Texas, but you cannot buy it in Texas (as it is currently with their other vehicles).

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I think it is going to be really funny when the CT is built in Texas, but you cannot buy it in Texas (as it is currently with their other vehicles).
Wait, did that change recently? I’ve been to the Tesla dealership in Austin. Honestly curious, as I don’t know the rules for Tesla in Texas. I’ve heard some of the fights that have involved Tesla’s manufacturer-direct sales model. Seems complicated. Texas is on my short list for places to move to escape this brutal cold winter every year. Some day…

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wait, did that change recently? I’ve been to the Tesla dealership in Austin. Honestly curious, as I don’t know the rules for Tesla in Texas. I’ve heard some of the fights that have involved Tesla’s manufacturer-direct sales model. Seems complicated. Texas is on my short list for places to move to escape this brutal cold winter every year. Some day…
You did not visit a Tesla dealership in Austin, you visited a showroom where you can order online at their location.

From the headlines and what several coworkers have told me (we have a lot of Teslas on campus), you cannot buy it directly in the state of Texas. It can be shipped to you in Texas, but then you have to register it yourself in the state. I was not directly involved in the purchase of the Model 3 that we have used for testing at the Institute, but I remember the buyer complaining of the difficulties in delivering it to my labs.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
You did not visit a Tesla dealership in Austin, you visited a showroom where you can order online at their location.

From the headlines and what several coworkers have told me (we have a lot of Teslas on campus), you cannot buy it directly in the state of Texas. It can be shipped to you in Texas, but then you have to register it yourself in the state. I was not directly involved in the purchase of the Model 3 that we have used for testing at the Institute, but I remember the buyer complaining of the difficulties in delivering it to my labs.
Huh, that’s messed up.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Same here in CT. There's a showroom but you have to go across lines to take delivery. *shrug* Anyway, I'm sad to see the CT continue to be pushed. Especially since my dealer seems to be playing games with my Lightning order spot :(
Sponsored