Sponsored

CV Axle and wheel hub junction grease leakage, broken plastic?

jacob.hinkston

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobhinkston.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0 401A
Occupation
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Peeked under my '23 F150 Tremor this morning to be greeted by visible grease leakage where the CV axle meets the hub assembly on BOTH driver and passenger side. Not sure how long this has been going on. Also looks like the plastic bezel is broken. TSB? Recall? What's going on here?

Ford F-150 CV Axle and wheel hub junction grease leakage, broken plastic? IMG_0413

Ford F-150 CV Axle and wheel hub junction grease leakage, broken plastic? IMG_0415
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
That plastic is not broken, it’s made that way, don’t ask me why. I had the same concern a few months back and posted a thread on here. If you google that part you will see it.

OP
OP
jacob.hinkston

jacob.hinkston

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobhinkston.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0 401A
Occupation
Full-Stack Software Engineer
That plastic is not broken, it’s made that way, don’t ask me why. I had the same concern a few months back and posted a thread on here. If you google that part you will see it.
Thanks for getting back to me. That's very odd. Is the grease normal? It's not flinging / dripping off the CV shaft, there isn't an excess either so I'm going to assume that's everyone else's experience too.

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I don't see anything to be concerned about.