Customer Survey

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I'm in a little dilemma....and wanted to see the consensus of people here. I know the surveys are extremely important to the dealer. So much so that I have already received an email and phone call alerting me to watch for the survey, and if things arent perfect to let them know.... I have a great relationship with my dealer, and as such, I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them. So far they are working through issues I have, but time will tell once we get it wrapped up. My biggest problem is, I am pretty bugged with Ford. Like many of you here, I have had fit and finish issues that are just a joke. None of my doors were aligned, condensation in an LED light, I had several paint issues, just today (a week after delivery) I noticed a paint run near the tailgate, along with other misc body trim issues. To top it off, at some point prior to delivery, there was light damage to the tailgate plastic, and a small burn mark in the paint, like someone who caused a scratch was trying to remove it. So far the dealer has agreed to fix everything. I'm sure they can bill Ford for most, but the tailgate scratch may be on them...

So back to my original point, I have the email survey from Ford and hope to give glowing remarks to the dealer, however, I am not at all happy with Ford or this experience. I get new trucks every two years, so I know what to expect, and I have never seen such a Boeing-style crap assembly process.

What are your thoughts on how to communicate to Ford, but spare the dealer as so far they are trying to solve the issues?
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I'm in a little dilemma....and wanted to see the consensus of people here. I know the surveys are extremely important to the dealer. So much so that I have already received an email and phone call alerting me to watch for the survey, and if things arent perfect to let them know.... I have a great relationship with my dealer, and as such, I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them. So far they are working through issues I have, but time will tell once we get it wrapped up. My biggest problem is, I am pretty bugged with Ford. Like many of you here, I have had fit and finish issues that are just a joke. None of my doors were aligned, condensation in an LED light, I had several paint issues, just today (a week after delivery) I noticed a paint run near the tailgate, along with other misc body trim issues. To top it off, at some point prior to delivery, there was light damage to the tailgate plastic, and a small burn mark in the paint, like someone who caused a scratch was trying to remove it. So far the dealer has agreed to fix everything. I'm sure they can bill Ford for most, but the tailgate scratch may be on them...

So back to my original point, I have the email survey from Ford and hope to give glowing remarks to the dealer, however, I am not at all happy with Ford or this experience. I get new trucks every two years, so I know what to expect, and I have never seen such a Boeing-style crap assembly process.

What are your thoughts on how to communicate to Ford, but spare the dealer as so far they are trying to solve the issues?
I think the post sale customer satisfaction surveys like you said, are more for the dealer. I would fill it out as if im grading the sale and post sale experience. To take marks away from the dealer for obvious Ford manufacturing issues would be "unfair" to the dealer. There usually is a portion on the bottom for free text issues. I would maybe include the quality issues there.

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
When I sold cars, you could write whatever nasty stuff you wanted in the comments box and it wouldn't hurt us, so long as the checkboxes were all good. It's my understanding that this is how it still is for most manufacturers. If you really want to make sure the dealer is unscathed (which sounds appropriate based on their willingness to fix these issues), you can send your sales guy an email before submitting the survey to make sure it won't hurt him.
Sponsored