Sponsored

Custom made wireless charger

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Since my '22 XLT didn't come with a wireless charger and I didn't like having to plug the phone into the USB ports in the media bin I decided to look into aftermarket alternatives. I came across a company that sells replacement chargers for another truck brand because the OEM ones never worked properly. I bought one of their chargers and had them design a custom holder that would fit into the opening where the Ford's stock charger would be. The results turned out to be great. The charger doesn't look like some aftermarket addon, it works 100% of the time and holds the phone securely. All in counting the charger, the custom made holder and the OEM media bin it was about $200. I'm more than happy with the results.

Ford F-150 Custom made wireless charger 20230415_131525
Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Do you have Sync 4 and use Apple Car Play or Android Auto? If so, does your charger provide enough power to actually charge the phone? I've become disappointed in the factory wireless charger in mine. If using Android Auto, the phone gets so hot that it stops charging. I'm not sure if that's due to a weak charger or Android Auto just sucking so much juice that the charger can't keep up. I actually plug my usb cable in 99% of the time. :(

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I use Android Auto and it charges fine with it running. Even with Waze and Apple Music or Sirius running in the background it'll still increase the battery charge. The phone gets very slightly warm but not enough that it's an issue..

The manufacturer of the charger came out with it for just that reason.

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Any other details or photos?

Can we order one?

I'm looking into options for this today.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Any other details or photos?

Can we order one?

I'm looking into options for this today.

Sure thing. I started out just looking for a wireless charger and came across a company that makes replacement aftermarket ones for Toyota's. My brother bought one for his truck and raved about it. I ordered a charger from them and had them make me a simple holder just to secure it. I set that in the factory media bin and worked well. However, it bothered me that I had to have the USB plug for the wire exposed and didn't feel like drilling a hole in the bin to hide the wire. Thus I ordered a media bin for trucks that came with the factory charger. It was just the bin, no USB plugs as I reused my old ones. Once I got it in from the dealer I sent the company the bin and they designed the holder for the charger that was custom fit so it matched perfectly. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it works great. Always charges, never loses connection, phone stays secure and barely gets warm.

I'm not sure its OK to post the name of the company since they're not a sponsor so I'll send you a PM with their info. I'll also give you my name in case you want to order one they should have the design in their records to replicate it.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
What does this plug into under the bin? Does it tap into a factory harness?

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I bought a USB socket from Amazon and wired it into the fuse box in the passenger side kicker well. Then plugged the charger into it.

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
Sure thing. I started out just looking for a wireless charger and came across a company that makes replacement aftermarket ones for Toyota's. My brother bought one for his truck and raved about it. I ordered a charger from them and had them make me a simple holder just to secure it. I set that in the factory media bin and worked well. However, it bothered me that I had to have the USB plug for the wire exposed and didn't feel like drilling a hole in the bin to hide the wire. Thus I ordered a media bin for trucks that came with the factory charger. It was just the bin, no USB plugs as I reused my old ones. Once I got it in from the dealer I sent the company the bin and they designed the holder for the charger that was custom fit so it matched perfectly. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it works great. Always charges, never loses connection, phone stays secure and barely gets warm.

I'm not sure its OK to post the name of the company since they're not a sponsor so I'll send you a PM with their info. I'll also give you my name in case you want to order one they should have the design in their records to replicate it.
This forum would be near worthless if they didn’t allow us to link or mention products. That can’t be a rule, right?