First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I went with the Fuel Blitz Black tint 20x9 and will likely go with 305/55/R20 Ridge Grapplers.

The only thing left to do it decide how to level the truck. My main priority with this level is to preserve on-road ride quality as much as possible. I won’t be off reading my Platinum all that much. It’s a luxury truck and I want it to be comfortable while street driving most of the time.

Option 1: 2.25” spacer on top of the factory strut.

Option 2: Rough country vertex coilovers with reservoirs that level 2” (leaving rear stock for now or getting matching rear ones). They are adjustable on the reservoir for ride quality but there are barely any reviews on them.

Option 3: local shop recommended the Fox 2.0 coilovers that level 2” and matching shocks in the rear. Reviews online say they need to serviced every 30k (not sure what that entails) and it’s the most expensive option of the bunch. Many reviews say it’s worth the money.

Any feedback, reviews, suggestions would be much appreciated! I want to get this one right! Thanks!
Sponsored

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Fox or bilstein shocks.

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
I don’t think spacers are the way to go if preserving ride quality is the top priority, based on my experience with my 2013.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fox or bilstein shocks.
Had the bilstein 5100 on my 18’, I wasn’t happy with the ride quality tbh. But that was just the shock though with the oem spring.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Had the bilstein 5100 on my 18’, I wasn’t happy with the ride quality tbh. But that was just the shock though with the oem spring.
Same experience here. I put Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks on my 2017 Tacoma (admittedly not the best ride anyway) to lift it 1.75”. The ride quality definitely got worse. I won’t do that setup again.

Sponsored

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Interested to hear any experiences with the Fox front and rear replacements as well. Hoping to hear that they get the job done while keeping or improving ride quality!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I'm looking at a level too, but don't want to go too high or compromise ride quality.

I have no experience, to back this up but I've read inconsistent things about Rough Country products.

Fox is a quality name in the world of shocks and suspension, and have a close partnership with Ford. If you can get more information on what the 30K service entails, that sounds like a good option.

I know its expensive, but spend more once and be happy with it rather than spending less money twice.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm looking at a level too, but don't want to go too high or compromise ride quality.

I have no experience, to back this up but I've read inconsistent things about Rough Country products.

Fox is a quality name in the world of shocks and suspension, and have a close partnership with Ford. If you can get more information on what the 30K service entails, that sounds like a good option.

I know its expensive, but spend more once and be happy with it rather than spending less money twice.
I am leaning towards the Fox shocks too but wish I knew more about the ride quality and service interval.

F150platty

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition, 2021 F-150
I’m in a similar situation regarding ride quality vs lift. I’m leaning BDS 4” suspension lift w/ fox 2.0 shocks.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m in a similar situation regarding ride quality vs lift. I’m leaning BDS 4” suspension lift w/ fox 2.0 shocks.
Nice! Let me know if you find out anything regarding the service interval

Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
I went with the Fuel Blitz Black tint 20x9 and will likely go with 305/55/R20 Ridge Grapplers.

The only thing left to do it decide how to level the truck. My main priority with this level is to preserve on-road ride quality as much as possible. I won’t be off reading my Platinum all that much. It’s a luxury truck and I want it to be comfortable while street driving most of the time.

Option 1: 2.25” spacer on top of the factory strut.

Option 2: Rough country vertex coilovers with reservoirs that level 2” (leaving rear stock for now or getting matching rear ones). They are adjustable on the reservoir for ride quality but there are barely any reviews on them.

Option 3: local shop recommended the Fox 2.0 coilovers that level 2” and matching shocks in the rear. Reviews online say they need to serviced every 30k (not sure what that entails) and it’s the most expensive option of the bunch. Many reviews say it’s worth the money.

Any feedback, reviews, suggestions would be much appreciated! I want to get this one right! Thanks!
Option 2 will give you the better ride. I have them coming for mine

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m getting cold feet on my purchase. I do not intend to take this thing off roading. It’s just my daily. Not sure if $1900 for suspension is gonna be the best idea, you know? Really considering the ready lift spacers on second though. Should preserve factory ride quality for the most part I think.

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
I am leaning towards the Fox shocks too but wish I knew more about the ride quality and service interval.
I have no experience with these shocks. If for 95% road use, I see no reason why the fox shocks shouldn’t go for a long time without needing a rebuild. Any shock, if used for off road frequently might start leaking at a seal and need a service. If typical road use, I really don’t see that happening.

Unfortunately ride quality is so subjective that it is really hard to nail down based on reviewers individual preference.

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I put 2" rough country spacers on my truck and the ride is pretty much the same as factory. Left roughly a 1/2" of rake for when I haul or pull trailers. Very happy with it for 50 bucks.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
How are the rough Country Vertex coil overs working out for you ?
Sponsored