OP

teddy57

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering an F150
$2k under MSRP for OTD (i.e. including taxes and fees) sounds pretty good!
I double checked all of my paperwork and it is $60130 OTD (lease). So I guess I feel a little better, next to no rebates are a little disappointing and despite my best efforts I did not secure a PCO.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I'm sure this won't matter to those who need/want to buy in the next couple months, but by late summer or fall when those chips start coming in and the stacks of trucks flood dealer lots from the current holding pens, incentives should return in force.

OP
OP

teddy57

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering an F150
I'm sure this won't matter to those who need/want to buy in the next couple months, but by late summer or fall when those chips start coming in and the stacks of trucks flood dealer lots from the current holding pens, incentives should return in force.
I agree and would love to wait. Chevy lease is up and I need the truck so we can camp all summer. Sucks to be up against the wall, I’d love to wait it out otherwise.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I agree and would love to wait. Chevy lease is up and I need the truck so we can camp all summer. Sucks to be up against the wall, I’d love to wait it out otherwise.
Maybe not worth it, but you could buy out the lease and trade it in 6mos when inventories are better.

Sponsored

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
$54, 505msrp 49100 final price plus 3000 trade In. ever dealer does it different. I haggled but with My credit score i should get interest rate around 2%, which is key to lowering payments. With current market still reeling from low inventory and delayed 2022s, you may not get great deals

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
you may even be in positive equity position given used car values these days

Maybe not worth it, but you could buy out the lease and trade it in 6mos when inventories are better.

OP
OP

teddy57

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering an F150
you may even be in positive equity position given used car values these days
I checked it out and it’s really a wash. Plus if I do this the Chevy will need 4 new tires by that time, whereas they are good now to turn in.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
My King Ranch, 6.5 bed PB with every option came in at $80.3k list, ordered 2/21/21, is supposed to be delivered May 29. I cut a hard deal with Grieco Ford in Delray Beach for $74k even, less $59k trade-in for my '17 F-350 KR with 36k miles, so I am coming up with $15k cash plus taxes and tags transfer. It was a hard negotiation, and my fear is that they would love to have the truck to sell above list instead. Production week is 5/3, and I have a window sticker, trackers shows "In Production." I'm staying close with the salesman, who is the commercial truck guy at the dealer, but these things are like found money right now. I halfway feel like camping at the dealership waiting for the inbound carrier... and still expect high pressure tactics at closing for add-ons. MAm I being too cynical?

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
My King Ranch, 6.5 bed PB with every option came in at $80.3k list, ordered 2/21/21, is supposed to be delivered May 29. I cut a hard deal with Grieco Ford in Delray Beach for $74k even, less $59k trade-in for my '17 F-350 KR with 36k miles, so I am coming up with $15k cash plus taxes and tags transfer. It was a hard negotiation, and my fear is that they would love to have the truck to sell above list instead. Production week is 5/3, and I have a window sticker, trackers shows "In Production." I'm staying close with the salesman, who is the commercial truck guy at the dealer, but these things are like found money right now. I halfway feel like camping at the dealership waiting for the inbound carrier... and still expect high pressure tactics at closing for add-ons. MAm I being too cynical?
Think we have the same: KR, 6.5', PB with every option (including stuff like Tow Mirrors, and Rapid Red paint charge, spray in, retractable tonneau, etc, only thing I didn't get is the engine heater), MSRPs at $80.395k.

X-plan (basically the same as invoice) is $74.9k. So you did good!

If you finance that $15K you should be able to pick up $1000 in Finance rebate and then pay it off next month. Also think there is about $600 total in 2 other rebates (Build for Growth for $500 and Drive Assist for $100). Also there is the Student, First Responder, etc. that I'm not eligible for.

So I'm thinking I will be at $73.3k before TTL.

I have been trying for 8 months with multiple cell numbers and email addresses and just can NOT pull a PCO. Don't know if it's bad luck, or my zip code. Would love to pull another $1500 to $3000 off that. If anybody gets a pop-up they don't need, fill in my email: [email protected]! I'll drop a donation in your name for your choice of charity.

Sponsored

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Each market area is different, the shutdown has affected the flow of sold orders to us, but we are still pricing them at 3% below invoice, taking rebates and PCO's off of that price as well...our only fees are $180 DOC and $45 transit tag so our fees are low also...

on a 63000 Lariat with 1500 in rebates our price would be in the $55,555.82 range plus the 180 and 45...

Use that as a comparative for shopping trucks...
Massachusetts- 2021 Lariat 502A ++ List $70,220 less $1500 Lariat High Chrome discount was $68,720.

Was able to get it down to $63,000 with a hard folding bed cover added in.

Best I could do. They also gave me $34,000 for my 2018 XLT 302A super crew 5.5 ft bed sport with an 2.7L and 41,000 miles

full disclosure- I did buy off the lot and am a returning customer. Large Dealer with almost 300 F-150's in stock.

schudes

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a, 3.5EB, 4x4, 157WB
I live in California, San Francisco Bay Area. IMO, It's one of the worse places to get a good deal. Plenty of people willing to pay msrp or just below. My last few vehicles have been ordered from out of state dealers. This time around I ordered my truck from the local Ford dealer that is 2 miles from my house. They have a great service department and decent deals. I value my time and went for convenience. I ordered my Lariat in December for invoice pricing. As I waited for delivery I saw all the prices at local dealers get marked above MSRP. My truck arrived just over a week ago and I was waiting for the dealer to try and change the pricing on me. They honored the deal at invoice + rebates ($1500.). Their lot was very empty. My deal was decent. Stoked to have my truck and glad that I ended up having to wait a bit and avoided the windshield recall and the undercarriage rust issue.

TnargNonnag

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching
Occupation
Web Dev
This is demoralizing. Giving it another 36 hours them I’m giving up and going with something preowned.

This was the most recent OTD price for a dealership two hours away.

MSRP + $2500 “market adjustment”

Ford F-150 Current Pricing in this climate? F7E80FAE-A698-4AFD-8540-E640BF0CB3D4

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
This is demoralizing. Giving it another 36 hours them I’m giving up and going with something preowned.

F7E80FAE-A698-4AFD-8540-E640BF0CB3D4.jpeg
Ha! What a joke. That’s unbelievable. I will say though I’ve seen my dealers price on trucks go from about a $10k discount down to about $6k in the past couple of weeks. Good thing I got a price and put my name on an incoming truck a week and a half ago. Should arrive within the next 10 days.
Also seems that dealers are much less willing to discount XLT and higher trims than they are the STX. That’s what I’m getting and it has plenty of bells and whistles for me. Especially at a nearly $9k discount from MSRP.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

F7E80FAE-A698-4AFD-8540-E640BF0CB3D4.jpeg
Checking local dealer sites and prices are up $4000-$7000 since last week. Prices are now msrp or close to it.
Sponsored