Current Pricing in this climate?

teddy57

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering an F150
Long story short I special ordered the truck back in Feb, i was hoping there would be some rebates right now, but there is nothing.

MSRP $62970, dealer is quoting me $60130. Is this a fair deal in this climate?

Dealer told me that Ford is telling them that once the factory restarts, they will be 2 months behind on orders. I understand that if I want the truck I’m not in much of a position to haggle, but I want to make sure I’m not getting screwed either. Dealer had 17 F-150’s on the lot last week, they are down to 6 today with none on the way.

Thanks
Sponsored

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Could be your location, but I'm getting an STX with an MSRP just north of $42K for $33.9K. I'm just waiting for it to show up on the dealer lot.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Ask in the Granger thread, or PM them for a quote on your build. Then take that to the dealership and see if they'll deal.

I showed mine to my dealership back in February and he had to do some mental math based on Albert @Granger Ford's price. He accepted, and I got my $74,450 MSRP build for $65,624. I was able to also secure a $1500 PCO that I'll be using when I pick up my truck around the end of this month.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Each market area is different, the shutdown has affected the flow of sold orders to us, but we are still pricing them at 3% below invoice, taking rebates and PCO's off of that price as well...our only fees are $180 DOC and $45 transit tag so our fees are low also...

on a 63000 Lariat with 1500 in rebates our price would be in the $55,555.82 range plus the 180 and 45...

Use that as a comparative for shopping trucks...

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Each market area is different, the shutdown has affected the flow of sold orders to us, but we are still pricing them at 3% below invoice, taking rebates and PCO's off of that price as well...our only fees are $180 DOC and $45 transit tag so our fees are low also...

on a 63000 Lariat with 1500 in rebates our price would be in the $55,555.82 range plus the 180 and 45...

Can you get anywhere close to this on a super duty? the dealership i usually go to that gave me a killer deal on my current super duty says that they arent allowed to sell below MSRP so best i can do is x plan and cant use a PCO if I get one. I will have a trade in also.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4

Albert,

I'm curious to read your thoughts on this whole "rust" issue. From the perspective of a Ford dealer with from what I gather... has a no BS, honest approach to selling Fords.

A local dealer caught me rolling around on the ground in their lot looking under their F150's for rust. AFTER the full blown sales pitch was well under way, he asked me why I was looking under the trucks. When I told him, he acted like he had no idea such a thing ever even happened. So I showed him one his very own brand new 2021 rust buckets.

Personally, my disgust with Ford ever even shipping trucks like that is second only to their refusal to do anything about it.

What say you?

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
OP youre getting screwed hard. Didn't you agree on a price when you placed your order? Most people get close to invoice pricing on their trucks and many get below. MSRP for me was $61k and I got it for $52.5k (before taxes and fees). That's almost $9k off

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
OP youre getting screwed hard. Didn't you agree on a price when you placed your order? Most people get close to invoice pricing on their trucks and many get below. MSRP for me was $61k and I got it for $52.5k (before taxes and fees). That's almost $9k off
When

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
03/11 I placed my order. I contacted almost 20 different dealers, sent them my build from ford.com and from my very first email I said that many people are getting below invoice price on their F150s (to set the expectation that I want a low price) and that I'm contacting many dealers in my state and looking for the best price. Some never replied, some sent me MSRP and some actually wanted to play ball and sent a decent price. I narrowed it down to a few dealers, told them my lowest price and waited for a second round of offers. I also got lucky and qualified for $750 college grad and I plan to finance through Ford which gives me another $1000 (I plan to refinance with a bank or credit union for a better rate). Good luck

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
03/11 I placed my order. I contacted almost 20 different dealers, sent them my build from ford.com and from my very first email I said that many people are getting below invoice price on their F150s (to set the expectation that I want a low price) and that I'm contacting many dealers in my state and looking for the best price. Some never replied, some sent me MSRP and some actually wanted to play ball and sent a decent price. I narrowed it down to a few dealers, told them my lowest price and waited for a second round of offers. I also got lucky and qualified for $750 college grad and I plan to finance through Ford which gives me another $1000 (I plan to refinance with a bank or credit union for a better rate). Good luck
In my experience, early March was a vastly different situation than it is now.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
In my experience, early March was a vastly different situation than it is now.
Maybe, inventory is much more limited now. Nothing to lose by sending out 50 emails and seeing who bites. I have to drive 2 hours to get my truck but I think it's worth it.

TnargNonnag

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching
Occupation
Web Dev
I am looking at dealer stock because I can’t wait (car recently totaled)

Today I got OTD numbers that ranged from $2k under MSRP to $4k over. Some dealers I didn’t even get a number from when I asked about flexibility on website prices. “No”

I built a worksheet using the Granger pricing formula that I use to give me an “Optimal OTD” price.

If I can get a number even remotely close I’ll be taking it.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
My dealer told me he only has 3 trucks on the lot right now (I saw about 30 in March). I told him I would be coming out to chain up my truck when it arrives before I can take delivery. I trust he will honor the price we agreed on.