First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR 3.5
Occupation
Engineer
Can anyone comment if their cupholder ring lights stay on after the overhead lighting dims when closing doors at night? Mine are turning off even though the blue led light in the phone charger compartment is staying on. Any ideas on how to keep them on if they do in fact default to turning off when driving at night?

Based on threads from pre-2021 models it appears that they could be turned on by maxing out ambient light brightness but I haven’t had any luck with that on my 2021. Any input is appreciated!
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I agree, it would be nice if the cup holder lights stayed on.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’ll have to pay close attention next time, but I’m pretty sure my ambient lighting stays on whenever the parking or headlights are on. They also adjust via the dimmer switch with the rest of the instrument panel.

OP
OP
KD10

KD10

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR 3.5
Occupation
Engineer
I managed to figure out the issue today, embarrassingly after a couple weeks of trying and of course on the same day I decided to finally post about it.

I was trying to adjust the cluster display brightness after hearing this fixed the issue but I didn’t realize there is a separate ambient light brightness control within the sync 4 menu. The ambient brightness was set all the way down so once I increased it, the cupholder lights came back on and stay on when the truck is in low light or nighttime environments. Problem solved.
Sponsored