Civil Engineer Tech

Gallagher023

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 LARIAT 501A
Can someone post a picture of the dissassembled center console and highlight or circle the plug that is labeled "Connect to Large Console Light" I want to know where is Y-split goes to give power to the media bin and lower glove box.
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_5574

J44snk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502a Long Box PB F150, 2016 Kia Sorento
I just did the Glove Box light, Media Bin, Cup Holder, and all 4 door ambient light upgrades on my 22 502a, I followed the PDF instructions on the first post and they were super helpful, I also ran a USB cable through the dash for my vent mounted MagSafe charger so I don’t have to keep opening the media bin and plugging the cable in while everything was in bits.

Very happy with the results, and thank you @JHForman812 for the Custom Harnesses and instructions they worked perfect 👍

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I just did the Glove Box light, Media Bin, Cup Holder, and all 4 door ambient light upgrades on my 22 502a, I followed the PDF instructions on the first post and they were super helpful, I also ran a USB cable through the dash for my vent mounted MagSafe charger so I don’t have to keep opening the media bin and plugging the cable in while everything was in bits.

Very happy with the results, and thank you @JHForman812 for the Custom Harnesses and instructions they worked perfect 👍
Glad I could help!

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Can someone post a picture of the dissassembled center console and highlight or circle the plug that is labeled "Connect to Large Console Light" I want to know where is Y-split goes to give power to the media bin and lower glove box.
IMG_5574.jpg
look at the first post on thread, the attached PDF. It will show you.

Sponsored

Bhartwick1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150 XLT; ‘16 F150 XLT
Occupation
Sales
Still trying to figure out where I lost the lights, if anyone has an idea. Took it to the shop for a trailer plug issue, ambient lights and cup holder stopped working @JHForman812 looked for any issues and couldn’t find anything. Anyone have ideas. I know it shouldn’t bug me, but it is driving me insane that I lost them. Forscan settings are all correct and wires are all connected.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Still trying to figure out where I lost the lights, if anyone has an idea. Took it to the shop for a trailer plug issue, ambient lights and cup holder stopped working @JHForman812 looked for any issues and couldn’t find anything. Anyone have ideas. I know it shouldn’t bug me, but it is driving me insane that I lost them. Forscan settings are all correct and wires are all connected.
Have you checked your on- screen menu for possibility “brightness/ down “ or turned off (inactive). Seems odd that just for a trailer wiring issue …
You may need to check each fuse (I’m not sure which one feeds the aux ambient lighting)
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_3533

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Have you checked your on- screen menu for possibility “brightness/ down “ or turned off (inactive). Seems odd that just for a trailer wiring issue …
You may need to check each fuse (I’m not sure which one feeds the aux ambient lighting)
IMG_3533.jpeg

If someone can point out a fuse id love to know which one it is!! and I agree its totally odd, we spent a couple hours on his truck and couldnt get the ambient lights to work. he lives near me(kinda).

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
If someone can point out a fuse id love to know which one it is!! and I agree its totally odd, we spent a couple hours on his truck and couldnt get the ambient lights to work. he lives near me(kinda).
Brainstorming here…..and searching

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Brainstorming here…..and searching
Here what I have however some may have already seen this and I’m not 100% sure the layout is true.
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_3526
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_3527
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_3528

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ambient lights are on a fet, not a fuse. It's self resetting. Check your settings
Sponsored